Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon 2 fps stutter

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Spectre2011
hit n run

Carmageddon 2 fps stutter

Post by Spectre2011 »

My copy of carmageddon 2 (steam) and the vanilla c2 mini pack has dips in the fps that are jarring
I installed the super patch v3, tried nglide, then latest dgvoodoo, and then the old dg voodoo 1.50 beta.

my computer is
i7 9700f
rtx 2080 super
64gb of ram
and a whole lot of drive space.

perhaps its a nvidia driver issue, I have jacked up the nvidia 3d settings to try to make the game run without a hiccup, I even limited the fps to 30.

this whole thing is a mess.
Spectre2011
hit n run

Re: Carmageddon 2 fps stutter

Post by Spectre2011 »

I figured it out, I had to make dgvoodoo2 emulate "other greater" voodoo card and maxed the memory out.

Just a request, Can we sticky a thread discussing ways to make Carmageddon 2 run right on win10?

I just imagine others been having problems like this.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Carmageddon 2 fps stutter

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello Spectre, nice that you got C2 working again :)

I think that is actually an unusual issue, well imo. With modern wrappers nowadays C1 and C2 are rather easy to get working properly. A couple of years ago, a Windows update did impact framerate (D3D fullscreen optimisation) but it's been fixed. The only other recurring problem is older wrappers (winmm and wsock32) not always working with current win10 and still being shipped with the Steam/GOG releases.

I do plan on setting up an extensive "Carma FAQ" here at CWA once I'm done importing archived message threads. Which we could update and tweak every time a new issue pops up.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online