Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

It wasn't intentional, but hey, you're free to think somebody thinks about you ;D

watch that edginess of yours boy, you might cut yourself with it!!!!11!1one

what says you are not going to get what was promised to you? They did not mention a "fixed" date, so they might as well deliver it to you in 100 years and that would make your point moot.

Keep cryin' baby, I'll keep feasting on your tears
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Phoenix
pedestrian

Post by Phoenix »

Soo...uh...anyway.

Would be cool to have another update or nugget of info, given that Max Damage has been out on consoles for nearly a month now.

Busy preparing for release on PC? Anything you can report on, Shane or Nobby?

Ta!
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

This was from a twitch made the 1st of july
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0LS-CzPSxk

- Physical KS rewards - to avoid the costs of shipping bankrupting stainless, KS rewards are bundled into single shipments for each backer, which means unfortunately the higher tier backers, who will be getting the most stuff, will have to wait the longest as some of the rewards don't exist yet. It will still happen though

- The Steam release will be some time after console release. It will be months, not years

It seem they are already at work on the PC version of Max Damage
https://mobile.twitter.com/carmageddongame/status/760498186943340544
Jemimus
pedestrian

Post by Jemimus »

Tonrac wrote:This was from a twitch made the 1st of july
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0LS-CzPSxk

- Physical KS rewards - to avoid the costs of shipping bankrupting stainless, KS rewards are bundled into single shipments for each backer, which means unfortunately the higher tier backers, who will be getting the most stuff, will have to wait the longest as some of the rewards don't exist yet. It will still happen though

- The Steam release will be some time after console release. It will be months, not years

It seem they are already at work on the PC version of Max Damage
https://mobile.twitter.com/carmageddongame/status/760498186943340544

The frustrating, and frankly, infuriating thing about this for me is not even the waiting. Its the lack of communication. The great periods where we hear absolutely nothing. No updates.

I am not surprised this came up during a twitch stream, and thank you Tonrac for fishing this info out of it. But why cant they update this thread, or the Kickstarter mailing list, with that same update?

And we are still more or less in the dark here. Which physical rewards dont 'exist yet' , still after all these years. When will they be 'created'. What is the plan for the next 6 months regarding this? etc.

How many years does it take to take get such a thing organized? There is a point where you have to wonder about basic competency in executing on your commitments. There are reasonable time-periods to have to wait on a promised crowdfunding reward, and at some point it starts to become unreasonable. I think we crossed into unreasonable territory some time ago. But this is subjective of course. There appear to be people in this thread with endless patience ;)

And what of the promised Mac and Linux port. Even if it they don't have the resources to work on it, ( which I could understand, it is a small dev team after all) they should at least then tell us so. But I would hope, and expect they should at least have it on a roadmap somewhere.. some kind of target date, even if only as a soft goal, for themselves, but something that at least they could share with us. If they actually don't ..well again, that tells you something about competency in executing on your (stated) goals.

This whole thing gives the overwhelming impression they they simply do not have their shit together in many ways. That in itself one might find excusable, but the lack of transparency and communication about this (or perhaps self-reflection; developer know thyself?) I find a lot less forgivable. I think its a great shame that it has soured my feelings about a company I was, at some point, quite a fan of.
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

Which physical rewards dont 'exist yet' , still after all these years.

The physical reward that don't exist yet is the game ... it's impossible to make a physical version of a game that don't exist yet.

Indeed, the final version of the game is Max Damage not Reincarnation and Max Damage is not available yet.

There appear to be people in this thread with endless patience ;)

People that seem to have endless patience are people that come in that forum daily, that follow the twitch and the twitter.

So we had news that unfortunately a lot of you don't have. I try to spread the news on french forum and other do the same on that site.

For example '80s Time Warp do report of the news we got during the twitch: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/29495

In fact even the "years of waiting" are quite subjective. We don't buy a final product but fund a project. But like you said the lack of communication was the best enemy of Stainless... For example : With the kickstarter they plan to release an episodic game ... but the extra fund (Less Edgar) had modified the scope. Stainless want to release a more complete game ... so the estimated release date (2013) that concern the episodic game couldn't be right. They work hard but are overambitious and release a game in 2015 that suffer for performance issue. http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Interview-How-Carmageddon-conquered-the-car-combat-genre

"With funding secured, Carmageddon Reincarnation was released to the public on Steam Early Access in 2013. Unfortunately, however, the team was overambitious with their resources. Aptly, the release was something of a car crash. Severe performance issues meant that Carmageddon Reincarnation was virtually unplayable for the majority of players – even if their PCs should have been more than capable of running the game.

“Carmageddon: Reincarnation turned into a bigger project than originally intended, took longer than intended and cost a lot more than intended!” says Barnden. "The result was far more content and far more game than we originally intended. Which sort of hints at a pattern in game development – particularly when the project is one dear to your heart.”
"

So if we take the release date of reincarnation, we are in fact waiting for one year (and not 4 like i read before) ... but with Max Damage it will become silly to offer a physical version of Reincarnation to bakers ... So if we consider that the final version of the game is Max Damage, then we have to wait the PC version release before we have our rewards. But like You said, they never communicate all that news in a clear way, or we need to build a puzzle with pieces of informations we got on a twitch or in a topic or on an answer on twitter.

And what of the promised Mac and Linux port.

They said in a twitch that they are still committed into the Mac and Linux version of the Game.

But i agree, if they communicate on their difficulties etc ... some of us will just offer them our patience and they didn't need asking for that.

Sorry if my answer is unclear, english is not my native language.
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

Regarding both posts above, I have to agree with the lack of communication.

Regular visitors here have been members for in excess of 5 years and seem to readily accept there is an ebb and flow of interest, naturally, that swelled around the various stages of releases and announcements.

For me personally, being a forum member for over 5 years (I think?) I have always lamented the lack of blog updates and general communication. There was a period during C:R's development, presumably when work was at it's most frantic and a resource was attributed to facing the general public to build interest in the product, when there were weekly / fortnightly updates. I can appreciate the team numbers have probably changed since and also the fact that there is less to talk about being that there have been two final products presented on various platforms.

I say it again though, if Carmageddon is to be a brand that is to survive, go further, have additional content, be developed into a sequel, gain strength as a franchise (strike through depending on your level of optimism), the game needs better communication and marketing.

Now I'm quite lucky in that I've been able to enjoy C:R on PC and am not frustrated about waiting for C:MD so my comments maybe diluted slightly. However, I want to know, out of love for Carmageddon, Stainless, and the future of the brand, what is going on...?

I'm really trying not to sound pretentious, or that my words are the be and end all, and must be heeded, not at all, I'm going to make the following suggestions, as I have before, as a fan, as a member of the fan base giving honest feedback.

Regular news / blogs / competitions / events needs to be posted such as:

• An announcement on C:MD for PC

• An honest update on MAC / Linux development - people are getting pissed off... give them a real update with actual progress update, I think people will really appreciate that.

• Multiple general good natured / informative updates akin to Rosarios graphics updates - I, for one, loved the regular updates way back, I'm interested in the goings-on behind the scenes.

• An update / teaser blog on prospective DLC, vehicles, maps etc - Keep us excited in the brand, work must be going on somewhere, but drip feed it... keep it tantalising. Part of the charm of the original carmageddon was racing and unlocking cars you'd never seen. With C:R's release and C:MD's to some extent, all the new content was presented in videos and pics before the game even released. There was little surprise when unlocking new stuff. The game need FRESH new content.

• An update on the EVILC10 tour - You've got a fuck off insane rat rod. Post some pics and videos of expo's where people are loving it, I haven't even seen it since the reveal. Use it for publicity online rather than whilst parked up at an expo.

I can't think of anything else to add, but people feel free to comment and make suggestions. I write this message with the best of intentions and from the heart.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Anything other than pointing a camera at themselves while they play the game is too hard to do to keep us informed. Many of us would rather spend our time doing other things than watching twitch videos to get information.
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

REALY???

What is that, you continue to give out GAMES without pay us out?

Stainless He has managed to bring out the second game and again don't have give at us the first Physical Things?

Incredible, all that with us money.. Thanks Stainless, that is very professional ...... "Thief"
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

RiOrus wrote:Regarding both posts above, I have to agree with the lack of communication.

Regular visitors here have been members for in excess of 5 years and seem to readily accept there is an ebb and flow of interest, naturally, that swelled around the various stages of releases and announcements.

For me personally, being a forum member for over 5 years (I think?) I have always lamented the lack of blog updates and general communication. There was a period during C:R's development, presumably when work was at it's most frantic and a resource was attributed to facing the general public to build interest in the product, when there were weekly / fortnightly updates. I can appreciate the team numbers have probably changed since and also the fact that there is less to talk about being that there have been two final products presented on various platforms.

I say it again though, if Carmageddon is to be a brand that is to survive, go further, have additional content, be developed into a sequel, gain strength as a franchise (strike through depending on your level of optimism), the game needs better communication and marketing.

Now I'm quite lucky in that I've been able to enjoy C:R on PC and am not frustrated about waiting for C:MD so my comments maybe diluted slightly. However, I want to know, out of love for Carmageddon, Stainless, and the future of the brand, what is going on...?

I'm really trying not to sound pretentious, or that my words are the be and end all, and must be heeded, not at all, I'm going to make the following suggestions, as I have before, as a fan, as a member of the fan base giving honest feedback.

Regular news / blogs / competitions / events needs to be posted such as:

• An announcement on C:MD for PC

• An honest update on MAC / Linux development - people are getting pissed off... give them a real update with actual progress update, I think people will really appreciate that.

• Multiple general good natured / informative updates akin to Rosarios graphics updates - I, for one, loved the regular updates way back, I'm interested in the goings-on behind the scenes.

• An update / teaser blog on prospective DLC, vehicles, maps etc - Keep us excited in the brand, work must be going on somewhere, but drip feed it... keep it tantalising. Part of the charm of the original carmageddon was racing and unlocking cars you'd never seen. With C:R's release and C:MD's to some extent, all the new content was presented in videos and pics before the game even released. There was little surprise when unlocking new stuff. The game need FRESH new content.

• An update on the EVILC10 tour - You've got a fuck off insane rat rod. Post some pics and videos of expo's where people are loving it, I haven't even seen it since the reveal. Use it for publicity online rather than whilst parked up at an expo.

I can't think of anything else to add, but people feel free to comment and make suggestions. I write this message with the best of intentions and from the heart.

I'm bumping my own post because I'm selfish and would actually like some feedback.

Kind Regards.
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

But Why you post here that about information.

That part of forum is for "

You are here

Home » Forums » Carmageddon: Reincarnation » Kickstarter » [BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment"

BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment, when the Stainless don't see that post because don't want send us the benefit for have give at their us money. so here, Stainless don't see your post, because don't want see.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Yeah as it is now I don't see another way out but asking Kickstarter for the money back, question is will they even do that after 5/10 years.

It's not that I mind waiting for longer, it's just that I now started to doubt wether we'll ever get anything at all.
akashi.kurogane@gmail.com
pedestrian

Post by akashi.kurogane@gmail.com »

Hello there!

I'm with all of these people. The lack of communication make that at 1st of september 2016 I didn't receive neither of my physical rewards, neither an e-mail about the shipment.

When I'll receive any information?

Thanks in advance.
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

Atarugolan wrote:But Why you post here that about information.

That part of forum is for "

You are here

Home » Forums » Carmageddon: Reincarnation » Kickstarter » [BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment"

BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment, when the Stainless don't see that post because don't want send us the benefit for have give at their us money. so here, Stainless don't see your post, because don't want see.

I'm not quite sure what you mean so i'll respond to my interpretation of it.

I posted it here because it suited the natural progression of the thread. I've posted similar elsewhere with no real acknowledgement and figured it was worth a shot.

It seems I was wrong so apologies for hijacking the thread (if that's how some see it).
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Cool stuff, great devs, nice game.

Read that as sarcastic as possible.

Seriously, what the fuck is this? No update, DEFINITELY NO REWARDS and the ship has been abandoned. Is there anything we can do?
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Fireman and those others, Please be aware that Dev's made C:MD for consoles first, and have a restriction on when the PC port can come out, I very much doubt there sitting there waiting to tell us that everything has been done and organized but Honestly, sit back and Enjoy the Silence until the release of the PC game comes out in a couple more months time, So play other games and forget about it.

We all will get what is coming when its due time when did kicking and throwing tantrums ever get you anywhere, It just gets people to look at you like your a total frigging moron Is that how you wish to be seen ?.

Sit back and enjoy what information you get if any. Bye bye.
Wolfhart
pedestrian

Post by Wolfhart »

Another month, another nearly 31 days without any actual info of whats going on.

Early access, kickstarter.. never ever going down this route ever again.
AluminumHaste
mechanic

Post by AluminumHaste »

The game is running well now, so that's a good thing.

However, I did back the physical rewards, 4 copies plus the game in a box, 150$.

I've given away all my extra copies and my friends have enjoyed the game, so there's that.

That was 3 years ago? No June of 2012 is when I backed the game. Over 4 years now!

Still waiting on the manual and box with DVD.......
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

For me is even worst: I don't use steam so I actually have no copy of the game.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Well it's coming now Judicator! Hopefully.

The game is released at least!
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

Really?

Th e devs said they are shipping our $150 rewards now that the game is out?

And, where did you see this post?

Yeah, thats what I thought.
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

Hi All Backers

We need to understand here Stainless Team don't enter anymore, so he don't see our post.

I don't like when he ingore us, because without us, the game It would have remained just a dream, with our contribution they managed to achieve it, and more after.

It very sad.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Atarugolan wrote:Hi All Backers

We need to understand here Stainless Team don't enter anymore, so he don't see our post.

I don't like when he ingore us, because without us, the game It would have remained just a dream, with our contribution they managed to achieve it, and more after.

It very sad.

hah dude do you realise that he (assuming you ment nobby) is dealing with activity on THIS WHOLE FORUM on top of his job as the developer ? they would need 50 nobbys to keep track with all of us man... just chillax and dont assume the worse...
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Fireman wrote:Well it's coming now Judicator! Hopefully.

The game is released at least!

Yeah right.

I'd just like to play it.
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

So, its been over 2 weeks since C:MD came out.

What was said so far:

After Carma Reincarnation PC we will get our rewards.

After the console release of C:MD we will get our rewards.

After C:MD PC we will get our rewards.

So, what will it be next?

After the next Carmageddon game?

Stainless really needs to address this.

Ignoring us is not a good way to do business.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Still waiting, years and years.

Nothing updated, nothing changes, game's been finished for a few months now.

Well played.
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Where is the information about a timeline for rewards for the people who gave you at least $150. Does it really take this long to plan things out? We know you tried getting the cars done once upon a time and that turned into a disaster. As Forrest Gump once said, shit happens. What about the 3 exclusive bumper stickers, The game on DVD in a box, exclusive t-shirt, goody bag, The retail box with a usb key of the game inside, splatted granny collectible models, and hand signed concept art?
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

https://twitter.com/carmageddongame/status/806444173964574720

But i agree that some news could be great
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

That's still more than the absolutely nothing we got in this thread on the official forums.

I wonder how many people have moved or died since the Kickstarter ended.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

to who or where i should write about my phone number change? i wrote to Shane in pm but he didn't answer me yet.. =(
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

I'd say just Tweet it, they seem to respond to that, or leave a reply on a Stream
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

Fireman wrote:I'd say just Tweet it, they seem to respond to that, or leave a reply on a Stream

thanks! but i don't have twitter and if i'd go steam way where to write exactly?
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Stream, it's their YouTube page basically.

Since the old terms of service still count, you could also simply ask for a refund and they should give you your money back, since they haven't delivered the products (yet).
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

got it, thanks!
nemmi69
mechanic

Post by nemmi69 »

Well I still have not received anything of the rewards. Have they all been sent?
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

nemmi69 wrote:Well I still have not received anything of the rewards. Have they all been sent?
No, nothing has been sent except pre-$150

Check who’s online