Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

For JP, Re: bikes

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

For JP, Re: bikes

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hey, I figured I'd start a new topic so you and ADR could continue w/o interruption on the other one. I've just started working on a couple bikes-one remake of my hardtail Harley and two others. Question- are ya looking for plain ol' badass nasty lookin' everyday type bikes a la "Hell's Angels", or are ya lookin' for beaters and abominations of the 2 & 3 wheeled variety? Some bikes I make are all nice and shiny and evil chromey-looking ('cause the plain truth is, most hardcore bikers will polish and tune the ride before they'll feed their kids). And some are gonna be all bare metal and sloppy welds and obviously battle-scarred. (Let's face it-bikes ain't that big or tough). I'm picturing some kinda rides owned by outlaw biker gang leftovers that ride around and raise hell just 'cause they don't know how to do anything else. Pure banditos. Any input on this?
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Re: For JP, Re: bikes

Post by Junkpile »

You got it right... Just go with what you feel. But, try to keep the really shiny stuff to a minimum. Unless the character/rider is supposed to be from the Fortress Cities. The Wastelanders most likely wouldn't have acess to good quality parts or body/paint shops. I feel you described it best with this... "I'm picturing some kinda rides owned by outlaw biker gang leftovers that ride around and raise hell just 'cause they don't know how to do anything else. Pure banditos." Just let the creative juices flow, my Friend.Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

You got it, man. Coupla shiny ones headin' yer way. The first one is a '68 Harley hardtail (one of my original bikes with improved physics). Driven by a dude named Spider (Blurb included says-"A member of the Satan's Disciples M/C club- Trouble is most of 'em died in the apocalypse. He's trying to find the ones that are left.) The second one is a remake of the original "Hackster" now called the "Stinger" -an '80 or so HD Superglide decked out like an Army desert camo recon patrol bike with an M60 mounted in an enclosed sidecar. (Blurb about characters (2X including sidehack gunner) included says:"Bach", as he is known, used to save lives as a medical corpsman during the 1991 Gulf war. With an affinity for classical music and an uncanny ability to maneuver his machine, together with his gunner, Slash (a psychotic bandit who, when they first met tried to rob and kill Bach- but now they depend on each other to survive), he now thinks nothing of taking lives on the road. Bach was disillusioned by the military's failure to destroy the dictator that they were sent to oust and has since decided to follow his own twisted orders. Now a deserter from the army and piloting a stolen army recon patrol bike, many are the days the two can be seen speeding down the highways blazing away at whatever crosses their paths while Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" blares from the Stinger's cassette deck.)Stinger: Gotta dull the skin a little. Remeber- some chrome hasta be there as bikers and chrome are synonymous. Still trying to keep it sorta beat looking. If you'd like you can beat it up some as well once ya got it. Sound OK so far? Both bikes use a new Harley engine.wav which pretty much captures the loud, raucous attitude that goes with the vehicles and riders. Sounds like the real thing. They'll be in the mail tomorrow most likely. Next up-the mutant scrap bikes.....EDIT- Here's another one from the bad side: Here's the character blurb: "Baz" Bazzarelli was once an aircraft mechanic in what is now a Fortress City-back when a workaday job mattered. Also an avid motorcycle racer- He has modified his old GP racer using parts, ordnance and sheetmetal he cobbled together in the machine shop at an abandoned airbase. Nowadays, survival of the baddest and fastest is what really matters. Baz is a scrapper and is right at home in the wastelands. Free from the drudgery and constraints of City life and with a salvaged T700 fighter jet engine tucked into the GP's frame rails and enough firepower to annhilate a small town- Baz gives new meaning to the phrase "Bad news travels fast!" OK so far? Lemme know which ones work and which ones don't. (So ya know-the Banshee is gonna be a general public release as I don't have any bikes up anywhere except my C1 Harley and that doesn't get much play I don't think as not too many people have C1 anymore but a few. Lemme know if this is gonna be a problem.) EDIT once again: Banshee's done and should be in the mail now. (Nice! Has it's own jet engine sound.)[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Everything looks quite good so far. I'll let you know more later,OK? As far as the public release of the Banshee; I've got no problem's with it. I can't wait to get things straight here so that I can play with these! LOL Dean
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Hey DB... that Banshee looks awesome, great work... oh... almost forgot... Dean, do you want me to make the profile of the driver of the Sektoneer?
PumaY2K out.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Thanks, Puma. Dean's got me in scooter mode nowadays...Look for a bunch more funky C2 2-wheelers to show up around these parts
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

lol... just dont overdo it
PumaY2K out.

Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by PumaY2K:oh... almost forgot... Dean, do you want me to make the profile of the driver of the Sektoneer?Yes. In fact, I would like all of the modeller's that have built cars for this project to do that very thing. I'm long overdue on saying that anyways. Thanks Puma! Dean
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by PumaY2K:lol... just dont overdo it When it comes to motorbikes, is that even possible? LOL Dean
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Deep_Blue:OK so far? Lemme know which ones work and which ones don't.It all works so far. Though, I do have a couple of concerns with the Banshee... The nose of it just doesn't appear to stick far enough out & the front wheel seems to be floating up off of the street. The shadow also doesn't cover the whole area it should but, that's easily fixed. Dean
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K, the nose isn't s'posed to be anywhere else than where it is. It's the shape of the thing. But if ya feel ya need to ya can stretch it. The front wheel? Mebbe I didn't ground it good enuf. (I didn't zoom it when I positioned the wheels. ust gotta make sure ya adjust the wheel positions in the text file (They're exact alla way to the end) so the wheel doesn't wobble funny 'cause the brake disc is part of the wheel and it'll look weird otherwise. BTW-are you basing that front wheel position on the above pic? 'Cause the bike was slightly airborne when I tookj the screenie. Don't go by that. It appears all right in-game on my comp. (Just my cheap graphics card mebbe?)[ September 01, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

NM... After a better look, Irealized I was wrong about the Banshee excepting that I still feel that the nose looks a bit off (Just my opinion.) The shadow problem is actually with the Stinger. I know an easy fix for it if you want it. Just let me know.Dean
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

I havent downloaded the Banshee yet (I will,I promise, I've been sick lately), but from the pics, the front looks like an ass. Now that's allways good in my book.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

i see it too, it al ost looks to short for its hight
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Well, Buzz, that comin' from a guy that I have yet to see actually BUILD anything-I'll take that into consideration. Y'know, if you'd been the first person I had run into when I joined this board just by your posts, I prolly woulda got discouraged and never attempted to build another Carma vehicle ever again.(As it was-I ran into Rave, but he's got a lotta my attitude ) You don't usually seem to have a decent thing to say about anything. And if I sound like I'm firing from the hip here it's cause I'm remembering your other posts on the Harley's I just finished. No "Hey, cool bike" or "Commendable effort" or even "Meh, I don't like bikes but that must have taken a while." No, it was just "gimme the obj. *unspoken:*(so I can bend it a little and call it mine)" The bike is exactly as it's s'posed to be. It's an old-style GP racer with a half-assed bare metal texture on it. That "ass" Beast is referring to is one a them sloppy welds I told JP about previously. If I was making it for anything other than this project it would have alla the appropriate brightly colored graphics on it. Ya can't have it both ways-either it looks sharp and factory-built or it looks like it was cobbled together by a demented gearhead who didn't think paint was an issue. If you've ever seen an older Ducati or Moto-Guzzi-they're short bikes made for goin' to beat hell on a twisty track where a long bike would wipe ya out on the first turn. They're also high-sitting bikes with a higher center of mass made for leaning into curves at high speeds where a lower-slung bike would spin out from under the rider. (Jeez...do I hafta explain EVERYTHING??) Believe me-if I stretched it out it would look truly and unbelievably stupid. (Mebbe even more than it does now with missiles and crap hanging offa it. But what the hell, I figured with the medium weight of the GE powerplant (Which with a smaller, multistage compressor would fit nicely into those rails (The compressor is where the size comes from diameter-wise-hence the smaller multi). It could easily carry and launch modified versions of the Stinger shoulder-fired AA rockets-(after all, troops CARRY them in the field. No recoil either as the thrust would push against the air behind it-not the vehicle (which is also why I mounted them outboard on the engine air intake nacelle-far enuf away from the rider to avoid exhaust burns to keep it believable. Same with the 25mm guns. Plenty of recoil, but enough forward velocity would more than compensate for that-all's ya'd feel would be some heavy vibrations. And if equipped with spring buffers-not even that.JP, If ya wanna stretch it to fit yer concept that's cool with me-it's yours now. If ya don't like it-don't use it- simple enuf, eh? [ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ][ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

D_B, mind if I borrow the shotgun? Got some rats to take care of.Oh, and sorry if it was a boo-boo to mention the ass thing. Kiss,Beasty
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

DB, I was simply expressing my opinion. Nothing more. Just relax. I really do like this Banshee you created. In fact, I'm considering using your concepts to replace some of my own. I just wanted to express my opinion. I may have done it too negatively... If that is the case, I apologize. I do love your ideas, though. I can't wait to run these latest creations of yours through C2 once I get my own computer again! Keep up the great work!!! Dean
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

lol... DB... dont get angry... that never works. How many times people have make fun of my creations, naming them as "total crap" or "it needs more work"... and I never get angry, I get the constructive criticism and use it good... If people say that it sucks, I dont care cause it is my car and most of the people that dislike my stuff do not know how to make 3D models... and people that makes constructive criticism almost always are people that know how mo make 3D crap... so nevermind that comments... Buzz may be a son of a bitch sometimes but hes always been like that... "dont listen to people all the time... listen to them when they help you with their comments, good or bad comments"Look! Im quoting a phrase I did... lol [ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: PumaY2K ]
PumaY2K out.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hey, guys- I'm not pissed. it ain't worth gettin' pissed over. I just express my feelings.. "colorfully" so there usually ain't no doubt where from I'm comin'. Beast. I wasn't knockin' yer obseravtion there, man. I was explaining the look of the skin on the front of my creation there. And BTW- ya c'n borrow the scattergun, but ya gotta pick up some shells on accounta I ran out yesterday chasin' a dude I did a favor for that stiffed me on a repair bill. (Good thing I install insurance on my work- Just lemme get within 100 feet of that car and it'll stop deader'n a doornail with just the push of a garage door transmitter...(Gotta love ignition-killers ).--Heheh, you pay-you play, you don't-ya walk.JP, don't worry about it bro. Ya either can use it or ya can't-makes me no never mind either way. Buzz just happens every so often to stand on the one nerve I got left. Never have I encountered such a pushy stranger. (Well, here anyways-anywhere else that stranger woulda got four knucklebones inna chops before any further discussion.) Just so happens my modem is only 56K and my fist is broadband. I'd also just once like to see 'im go ahead and build something from scratch-even if it sucks. Really. He does such a good job straightening stuff-I bet he could crank out some righteous shit. 'Steada swipin' other people's stuff and callin' it his-like that's some great accomplishment. I've always been under the impression that until you've done the shit-keep yer yap shut 'bout other people's. Otherwise it's obvious ya dunno what yer talkin' about. Don't even ask-just "Gimme" Screw that sideways with a wet torpedo. Oh-BTW in case ya haven't noticed by now, Buzz- "Gimme" will only get ya told off and handed a pageful of grief-From me anyways, dig? I think I'm gonna redo that Banshee as another mutation 'r two and see what I come up with. Got 3 tanks full and a new deck a smokes. Lemme see just how demented I can get with that thing.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

"Just so happens my modem is only 56K and my fist is broadband."*bows down*B.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh.. ya liked that one didya, B.? Ya know-sometimes I wish some of us lived a lil' closer together. Judging by some of the personalities on this board, I bet if we all got together and went out drinkin' and raisin' hell somewheres-we'd prolly have a helluva time I notice ya can pretty much tell who's like what here just by the first coupla words in their posts. Ya can tell 'bout how old they actually are (Kop, frinstance), what kinda background they come from, Almost how they think. There's not so much the anonymity and "I'm gonna talk like somebody I wish I was" and shit like in chat rooms on this board. I kinda like it and other than a common interest in Carmageddon-that's kinda what made me decide to join. I know some of you guys live close by each other in my country or whatever country yer in-some of ya are even related. There's a cameraderie here.(mentioned by me eons ago)-much as you guys laugh about it-it's here-no doubt. Me? I was an outsider back when I was a nOOb, and you guys accepted me for who I was. Mebbe I'm still an outsider-but considering my current position here-I guess I was a likeable one. I'll try to keep it that way Anyways-I'm just rambling..Keep yer eyes peeled 'cause I'm currently screwing around with these bikes-I don't even know what I'm gonna come up with-
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Yeah, people around here can be harsh, but once you get to know us, and learn to avoid the pricky ones, we're all quite cool. Even when we've got our heads stuck wayyyy too up our asses we're usualy a happy bunch. And as you said, if we ever manage to get together in some form and organize a drinking fest, it would be one heck of a party. I think people got to like you because you got that 'fuck with me and fuck with my shotgun' attitude, your honest opinions, and pretty much realistic views towards stuff. Plus, you've got expirience with life and with cars, and cars count here. I know that I'd definetly like to share a few beers with ya. I'd definetly have a lot to learn from you.Dang, I'm getting mushy again, and I am trying to build a 'tough-guy' image for meself. Meh.Ding-dong,B.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Oh-OK. *Slaps ya upside the head just in case anybody's lookin'*
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heya, JP. I came up with a fairly radical mod of the Banshee. No pic yet but soon. I'm still skinning the model. Got's lotsa tube-y framework on it, a straight 6 cyl engine, and three goodly sized nicely detailed mud tires. All apropriately rusted up and generally looking worse for wear. I call it a 'Radigator. (sounds like "Eradicator") Soon as I get it skinned I'll post a pic for ya.EDIT: Here's the pic- [ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

damn
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Hey DB!... that bik... erm... thing is absolutely awesome!... great work man!... your stuff rocks
PumaY2K out.

Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Wow! Look's like I can dump my crappy Wild Thing now. That "thing" look's absolutely awesome!!! I love the name as well. Dean
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heh.. "AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!! Welcome to de SWHOMP!"Sorry... I just had that ol' Cajun guy's words stuck in my head when I was puttin' this together...Cool-I'll send ya the working model prolly tomorrow. You can tweak the physics if ya'd like-I started and then got started on my "signature" vehicle, so it's still a little rough in the handling dept. It's s'posed to be kinda bouncy/lean-y like the old C1 Screwie. Got's big, boingy tires on it so it wouldn't make sense to have a smooth ride. Mebbe ya could find a way to make it shake a lil' when it's rollin' too as those tires got big-ass high treads [ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Whoopla! That looks A M A Z I N G! Great work D_B! I'm definetly looking forward to giving this a go. It's definetly gonna be a popular download if you release it to the public.B.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Deep_Blue:I'll send ya the working model prolly tomorrow.I got it. I'll give it's physic's a look as soon as I possibly can. quote:Originally posted by Beast:It's definetly gonna be a popular download if you release it to the public.I couldn't agree more... We need to have download counters on these monsters coming from this project...Dean

Check who’s online