Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Half-dozen new C1 items

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Econobrick
Stucco

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Econobrick »

Vehicular grab-bag!
Three mid-sized '73 Pontiacs: a base LeMans, GTO and Grand Am.
Three "Twisted Metal" relics replicated: Sweet Tooth, Darkside and Pit Viper.

All items feature dashboard views with animated steering wheels (not just the hands) as well as analog speedometers and tachs (on the Pontiacs, that is).

Many Thanks to Toshiba for his excellent custom PIX file tutorial (among other things)!

Place for to gets!

Tags:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Brillant!

Those Pontiac dashboards are fantastic!
This is extreem Econobrickness, even animated "mug" menu images.
Sweeth Tooth is beheaving (physics I mean) awesomely, damn fun to drive.

Still have your blue Grandam wip textures. Potential addon skin?

@hazardic: Even though I bet the Pontiacs won't work correctly in Glide, can you test nonetheless? (they use large custom textures)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by TTR »

Excellent items i say!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Harmalarm »

time for me to install c1 again and add custom cars for the first time! maybe even make one? :p

nice work eco!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Razor »

WOW! Epic.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
hazardic
motorised death

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by hazardic »

@Toshiba ofcourse I'll test them all asap will be free just a little =)
hazardic
motorised death

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by hazardic »

Ok tested in glide! Damn I dunno how you guys did it but your work is amazing. Cockpits are beatiful and have photorealistic quality. And these working gauges... in fact it's possible to add any car into Carma! damn again if I could do the same - the first thing what I did was porting Econo's Eagle mk1... damn me...

as you can see all muscles work good in glide

Ofcourse it's good to see 8 cars redone - Limey, the Beast, new Suppressor, Borgnine, Red Bat, BN bus, the Machine and Jaws which texturless in glide. but maybe it's impossible because nobody will do this only for my wishes due of loss time and in fact nobody wants it except me..
Nice work though, I'm glad that Carma lives.
Doritos
driver

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Doritos »

I so wish I could get my Carmageddon to work again *shakes fist furiously at XP service pack 3*. These look beautiful least in pictures maybe I can find the disk again and hijack the Win2k laptop we recently aquired to run Carma...
hazardic
motorised death

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by hazardic »

[quote=Doritos]maybe i can find the disk again and hijack the win 2k lap top we recently aquired to run carma....[/quote]
Well so go and find it =) I play carma on powerful laptop with specially installed XP for this. It's worth it. I have 3 laptops and one of them only for Carma.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Razor »

These look bloody nice.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Doritos
driver

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Doritos »

[quote=hazardic][quote=Doritos]maybe i can find the disk again and hijack the win 2k lap top we recently aquired to run carma....[/quote]
well so go and find it=) i play carma on powerful laptop with specially installed xp for this. it's worth it. i have 3 laptops and one of them only for carma[/quote]

Wish I could have more than one computer but every time that happens and Carma actually runs on it it gets scraped for parts for a family friends computer :(
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Toshiba-3 »

@Hazardic: Thanks a lot for the review! It seems strange to me that Glide C1 loads the Pontiacs' textures correctly but not the ones from Limey, Red Bat, etc.
Though Pontiacs have texture sizes like 404*60 and 132*352. This is actually far from the 512*512 surface used by that previous C1 cars pack.
Unless I split the 512² texture in pieces, there's no way to fix that. And ofcourse it takes a lot of time as I must go back into MAX. For the Borgnine however it's either a problem within the C1 glide API or within the glide wrapper, as I'm using a vanilla C1 feature. If you can wait until Jeff releases his OpenCarma, you won't have to worry about that anymore ;)
About Econo's Eagle remake, I guess we could port it rather quickly to C1.

@Doritos: Have you tried running C1 in hires mode with D3D Windower?
It should work with both XP and Vista.
Tutorial here.
D3D Windower here.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
hazardic
motorised death

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by hazardic »

@Toshiba: i would be greatly appreciated if my dream becomes true about Econo's eagle..
yep OpenCarma will open a huge space for modding, i'm waiting this event with patience=)
@Doritos: i confirm that software hires mode works great on xp and vista - even on vista it's much better than on xp=)
Doritos
driver

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by Doritos »

yea ive tried the software mode... although i thikn i might reinstall any way to see if it might work this time lol
juozas
hit n run

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by juozas »

Carma runs fine in dos box... To have glide there you nead to copy glide2x.dll and glide2x.ovl from dgVoodoo (older version preferred) or any compatible glide wrapper. On windows it runs fine too but it likes to crash on the middle of play with the newest version (other versions not confirmed)...
Сделано в СССР
hazardic
motorised death

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by hazardic »

@juozas: i've tried to play carma on vista with dosbox and dgVoodoo dll. all what i got was 15 fps in normal gaming situation in 640*480 window. it's funny but i have very powerful pc - so i decide go to hell all this crap, installed vista on anothe pc and now playing with 1920*1200 with yaon whatever i want and with dgVoodoo dll. so i dunno what result you got - but anyway dosbox doesm't work for me well
juozas
hit n run

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by juozas »

Well you have to tune up it's settings first: Increase the emulated memory to at least 32 Megabytes, Faster processor emulation (increase it's cycles before running game) would be good. Yes, it's limited only to 640x480 resolustion as it is, but then game runs pretty fast and almost stable (except from crash on exit). On windows i made sure that dgVoodoo would run but for some unknown reasons on some maps it just freazes after a while...
Сделано в СССР
hazardic
motorised death

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by hazardic »

@juozas i did all actions what you said long time ago. lol i'm not so stuipid. even if i get 25 stable fps current 640*480 is crap for me anyway
jeff_1amstudios
driver

Half-dozen new C1 items

Post by jeff_1amstudios »

damn econobrick those pontiac cockpits look awesome - i'm going to have to see what they look like in OpenCarma :)
OpenC1 - Open-source Carmageddon engine! http://www.1amstudios.com/projects/openc1

Check who’s online