Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

SOD to Banger Heat

A place for all things Bangers! Seduction of Destruction! Fun!
Turnip
driver

SOD to Banger Heat

Post by Turnip »

i know that there was a banger heat track created, then it was converted for SOD. is there anyway what so ever of converting a SOD track into banger heat?

any help would be brilliant.

Thanks
timmy76
motorised death

Re: SOD to Banger Heat

Post by timmy76 »

i dont think anyone on here knows what heat is turnip other than me n you
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

lol, who helped TADS get standlake ingame? cos i dont think Tads would have been able to do it as he doesnt play SOD....does he?
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

freddy got standlake in SoD and TADS hates heat.
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

ahhhh.........thats not a good start :L lol. im just wanting new tracks for banger heat, dont htink anyone is making them anymore, apparently you need like £100 worth of programs for it.
Dalags177
driver

Post by Dalags177 »

well to be honest, all you need i think is 3dsmax to build the track

that probably costs stupid amounts of money, but i'm sure you can get it free somewhere if you look *cough*torrents*cough* :cool:

if you get the track made in 3dsmax, i'm sure someone with the software could guide you to get the track ingame

also, to be fair, the tracks in sod are no where nears as detailed as the current banger heat ones, so i dont know why you'd want to convert sod tracks onto banger heat really lol
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

Just some new tracks tbh :smile: for example brampton, sheffield, buxton. mainly brampton tbh because i reckon banger heat on that track would be absolutely spot on.

if husky or coffeycup have the .3ds file somewhere or they give me permission to use it we could ask TADS, Snapper or any other track modeller to help with getting it ingame.

would this be possible husky or coffeycup please? will give all the credits for the original model to you.
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

well i think some tracks in sod are too over pollied for heat
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

Banger heat can handle more polys than SOD. well i hope it can as it was made in 2000, carma has been going on years tbh.

if we can get the .3ds file of a track then we can try it out and find out if it will go into heat. i think heat can handle upto 8000 polys (that could be for a car though) cant remember if its car or not. if we get the brampton .3ds file from husky or coffeycup then we can check to see if it will handle it.
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

think your find its the other way round cause its something like 4k pollies for C2/SoD
Turnip
driver

Post by Turnip »

have to do some research then lol, but tbh i cant see there being a lot of polys in brampton for SOD, no big stands or anything, just the tyres that could be a big problem?
Husky
hit n run

Post by Husky »

I'll come back from the dead for a moment so I can be of help.

The link I'm putting up is to Brampton raceway, but only as I made it. So there are many things missing, because CoffeyCup is the one who added allot of other things. It's a rar file with a 3ds file and all the textures.

http://rapidshare.com/files/404964378/Brampton.rar

Hope that's what you wanted :grin:

Check who’s online