Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Ford Cargo

A place for all things Bangers! Seduction of Destruction! Fun!
timmy76
motorised death

Ford Cargo

Post by timmy76 »

:grin:

atm it doesnt have a simple file but im trying to get one to work once ive made one because atm ive only just finidhe the moddling for the truck yesterday, also how do you get the simple file to work
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Screen Shots

Post by Razor »

Make the wheels on the car uncrushable :thumbsup:
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

heh, nice. For making simple_model look at the tute that came with CarEd (CarEd.html) under section 2.2 THE SIMPLE MODEL
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

ok cc

still trying to get the wheels not to bend not going too well lol
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Hmm, come to think of it I'm not sure you'd be able to do it, as for the entire car to be detachable it'd have to be one whole group, if you were to set the wheels as uncrushable, they're have to be a seperate group, therefore they wouldn't detach properly with the rest of the car...
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Ford Cargo

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, I was think it might not work as well.

If the car in back is a grouped object with wheels seperate, CarEd will create a WAM entry just for the group

and not list out the parts of the group. But you could try manually adding the names of the car tires to the WAM

and make them uncrushable.

<pre>[font class="small">code:[/font]<hr>

// entry

PARTNAMEHERE // actor

uncrushable // softness

boring // crush type "boring" only dent,"detach" falls off, "flap" has a hinge

0 // number of smashable textures

</pre><hr>

Might or might not work.

Actually, the bent wheel didn't bother me that much.
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

your proberly wright razor ive tried all sorts of ways and found the only way to do it is to has the wheels attached the truck but they dont detach but the body does oh and ive got the simple moddle done :grin:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Oh another problem about that car being detachable, it's not going to have any weight to it, just like every other detachable. I don't know if there's a way to alter the weight of a detachable part, I don't think there is.

I have been thinking though, I think it's impossible. Attaching the car to a crane on the rear of the truck and making it one whole group and have the crane as a kev-o-flap door or hood, that way when the truck gets damaged the car will swing around.. It will probably have no collision with the truck and go straight through it but I'm pretty sure it would work.

EDIT: I was thinking something along the lines of this:

The red part being the car and the rope attached to the crane.

The blue part being the hinges on the kev-o-flap

The black part being the truck.

Then again you could pass on the kev-o-flap idea all together and do what SoupaVedg did with his Towmeister, and use funks to make the car swing.

You could even combine funks and a kev-o-flap so that the car swings but if it's damaged enough it will hand off the crane and then eventually fall off like a detachable.

EDIT2: Infact I might give this a go and create some sort of utility vehicle for my DDRAW mod, I'm going to need a few more cars for the mod as I only have 19 at the moment (still half way through completing one of them)

timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

ive been giving this a go with a test car done well got it to pivot but on the wrong bit :lol: but im learning from my mistake

heres what ive done so farneed modding but its a good start

HOOK

not a lollipop

constant

no path

rock

harmonic

0.5 //Speed at which the part rocks

0.1966,0.2333,0.2566//points on the x,y,z axis' where the part swings.

x //Axis on which it swings

25 //Maybe angle on which it rocks

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Yeah, if you keep testing and tweaking you can get it perfect to what you want, if you make that swinging component detachable and a kev-o-flap, then it would hang off before detaching itself.
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

:rockon: been tweaking it for about half an hour (or more lol) with getting stressed with it lol but i managed to get it to rock not 100% but its getting there :grin: this might be a tester but it will get used to doing it when i modify my truck. might release 2 versions one with a hiab and one with out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNaKF4sqenI
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Your problem is the point at which it's pivoting on, take a look at this:

Black box = the crane thats attached to the truck

Red box = the swinging rope attached to the car

Green line = a line directly across the center of the box, you could do this in CarEd. Just go and itterate two of the points by 0.5 across whichever axis and it will be directly in the center and from here you can work on the blue cross.

Blue cross = the exact center of the red box, this point would be your pivoting point for the swing in your funks.

I know that was a bad explanation but it's the easiest way (i know) of how to find the exact center of 4 points in CarEd.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Ford Cargo - download

Post by coffeycup »

The screen shot thread was getting all fucked up. That isn't the place to discuss editing.

I moved this to another thread.

Download Timmy's Ford Cargo here
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

thanks coffeycup
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

thats looks good timmy! always liked big cargo trucks and vans :grin:
running people over.. so many peds so little time...

Check who’s online