Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Is it possible to make an unstoppable car?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
HaveANiceDay
mechanic

Is it possible to make an unstoppable car?

Post by HaveANiceDay »

I think of making the bus from Speed (I saw Econobrick's model) always accelerating or at least with no brakes (txt editing doesn't turn the brakes off)

P.S.: off-topic, but it's interesting that another car with zero speed parameters can't be moved by the player but AI drive it quite well
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Is it possible to make an unstoppable car?

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I don't think it's possible, IIRC it's been tested several times in the past :investigate:
What have you tried so far? You can check C2S' physics tutorial for more insight: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/TUT/PhysTut/
Gave it a quick try, nullifying brakes etc. Tested negative value too. To no avail.
Closest you can get is a very heavy bus with very poor brakes and a lot of acceleration.

Sadly, there's no leadfoot (always accelerating) powerup in C2, and AFAIK no way to create one.
And yes, AI physics are taken over by the game. Though I think Maxine had a way to work around this? In her Truck Me mod.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I mean RIKUSYO's BIGHAMMER was pretty unstoppable, that's a fact!
image_2022-04-01_220228.png
image_2022-04-01_220228.png (42.95 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
HaveANiceDay
mechanic

Post by HaveANiceDay »

Thank you. I have one more idea of the most true movie car: relentlessly heavy and unable to survive a single hit

And yeah, Rikusyo's cars sure are cruel)

Check who’s online