Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Report your tiny issues here

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

For those very little things that don't warrant their own topic.

Anyway, with the new forum design, I find the "URL" and "Text" fields on the "Insert/edit link" feature to look... really weird when the mouse hovers them. They change from a smooth light blue to a jarring near-black.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Toxic
motorised death

Post by Toxic »

I have a tiny issue :-P
blehz
pedestrian

Post by blehz »

Toxic wrote:I have a tiny issue :-P

I'd call that big issues :-P

I was wondering if there could be a subscribe/unsubscribe button for your own posts on the thread view itself.

Now you have to edit your post to disable it.

And could there be also some default options for subscriptions? (default thread and reply subscribe options)
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

blehz wrote:

I was wondering if there could be a subscribe/unsubscribe button for your own posts on the thread view itself.

And could there be also some default options for subscriptions? (default thread and reply subscribe options)

There is a tab within your account settings which enables you to manage your subscriptions and also see a list of threads you are currently subscribed to, as well setting options to auto subscribe to your own posts etc. To get to it, click on the 'My Account' option at the very top of the site, and then click on the 'Subscriptions' tab.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Espyo wrote:For those very little things that don't warrant their own topic.

Anyway, with the new forum design, I find the "URL" and "Text" fields on the "Insert/edit link" feature to look... really weird when the mouse hovers them. They change from a smooth light blue to a jarring near-black.
Just noticed this myself as well - it's not intended to look like that so I'll get it updated asap!
blehz
pedestrian

Post by blehz »

shane wrote:
blehz wrote:

There is a tab within your account settings which enables you to manage your subscriptions and also see a list of threads you are currently subscribed to, as well setting options to auto subscribe to your own posts etc. To get to it, click on the 'My Account' option at the very top of the site, and then click on the 'Subscriptions' tab.

Yeah I can see it now. It's well hidden under "Settings" :-)

I would expect it on the top, next to "Overview | Pages/Threads".

Thanks for the help Shane.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Espyo wrote:For those very little things that don't warrant their own topic.

This has now been fixed
Kyphros
mechanic

Post by Kyphros »

You can't go directly to the last post of a thread when you've already seen it through the "View X new" button.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

I suppose that on one hand, this is mildly important, but on the other, not so much.

It's impossible to preview when creating a new topic (or editing the first post on a topic). What if someone wants to check if their post is all right before starting a brand new topic?
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Espyo wrote:I suppose that on one hand, this is mildly important, but on the other, not so much.

It's impossible to preview when creating a new topic (or editing the first post on a topic). What if someone wants to check if their post is all right before starting a brand new topic?
The ability to preview when creating topics has now been re-instated. Please let me know if you experience any issues when using this.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Kyphros wrote:You can't go directly to the last post of a thread when you've already seen it through the "View X new" button.
Once you have viewed a thread, the 'View X new' should not be visible. If your seeing it still after viewing the topic, this is generally caused by your browser caching the site, or by hitting the 'Forward' and 'Back' buttons in your browser.
Kyphros
mechanic

Post by Kyphros »

shane wrote:Once you have viewed a thread, the 'View X new' should not be visible. If your seeing it still after viewing the topic, this is generally caused by your browser caching the site, or by hitting the 'Forward' and 'Back' buttons in your browser.

No, it's not visible, that's the problem.

I wish for that button to become "View Last Post" and never disappear. Is that possible?
Csuklyas
pedestrian

Post by Csuklyas »

Hi i find a mistake on the main page

stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

Csuklyas wrote:Hi i find a mistake on the main page

You don't remember the Spat Pack? It didn't add much content, but the peds never looked more dapper.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Spat pack is no more, and 'The Splat Pack' is back in it's place!
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

spoiler tags with a little + button to expand them, also may be a good idea to add a similar "code" tag for when the bug hunt begins, i also agree the view new posts button should stay visible all the time.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Too-DAMN-Much wrote:spoiler tags with a little + button to expand them, also may be a good idea to add a similar "code" tag for when the bug hunt begins, i also agree the view new posts button should stay visible all the time.
I've now added in spoiler tags

Spoiler:

This bit of text should work as a spoiler

Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

awesome, shane you and the rest of the web team are one in a million, keep up the good work!
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

I second that :)

Anyway, Shane I have a request to make. About 90% of my posts here are made using my Galaxy Nexus phone & the text input box is only 5 lines deep. Typing anything more than a brief message can be headache inducing. Is there any chance you could make the default depth bigger? No worries if not, I'll live!
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Another minor annoyance. I've just double posted for the second time. Could you allow us to delete our own posts? If not I will speak to a mod about getting it deleted no worries.
Jon Dumpster
pedestrian

Post by Jon Dumpster »

Is there some kind of lag or maintenance going on, or do some things just take some time? The site will not let me change my avatar at the moment... Anyone else with this really minor issue?
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

The Urban Spaceman wrote:Another minor annoyance. I've just double posted for the second time. Could you allow us to delete our own posts? If not I will speak to a mod about getting it deleted no worries.

Heck, you edit your double posts saying they're double posts. That makes the job of finding them and deleting them so much easier. I could almost say it feels good to delete your double posts, just because you actually care about them.

I personally browse the forum everyday (disclaimer: this didn't apply the last week; vacation), so the next time your Android (?) goofs, edit the post with something a bit flashy, like "-----double post-----". We (or at least I know I will) will be able to notice it quickly, and then it'll be gone in two clicks.

The reason why it's a bad idea to let people delete their posts is because it can seriously break the thread. Classic example.

Anyway, an issue of my own: there seem to be a lot of threads complaining about this, or that. I think we should create a sticky explaining why updates don't show up that often, but I don't know if everyone would agree.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

Espyo wrote:Anyway, an issue of my own: there seem to be a lot of threads complaining about this, or that. I think we should create a sticky explaining why updates don't show up that often, but I don't know if everyone would agree.
Yeah, I think a lot of us are sick of those new topics demanding updates. I'm trying to explain shit to the people complaining but with every post my patience is going down a little further...
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

• Maybe it's just me

• Having these silly problems but

• Whenever I make a list

• I can't do a line break properly afterwards:

See what I mean?
Bet that hurt!
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Your comments have been noted, thanks Espyo.

Also I have literally just this second spotted that there are now plenty of lines for me to work with in the text input box on my phone. SO much easier to type on my phone now :)

Cheers Shane, you may not have said a word but you still fulfilled my request.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

The Urban Spaceman wrote:Cheers Shane, you may not have said a word but you still fulfilled my request.
Ninja updates :)

I'll also take a look at the spacing underneath lists as well.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

On the Topics with new and updated posts page, if a new topic is created, it's marked as new, sure. But if you press the button to read all new posts on that topic, it'll start from the first reply (i.e. the second post, the one after the OP's). Shouldn't it start with the OP's post?
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Im not sure that you are but if your talking about what I think your talking about I actually find that quite handy. For example the fan game topic in the fan art section. I was 30+ posts behind in a topic with over 25 pages but that new posts link took me straight to the last post I had read.

On a completely seperate subject, Shane have you done something with our sigs? Its just before it would only show my sig correctly on the PC but not my phone. On my phone it would appear really low res making it almost unreadable, now its perfect, looks much better :)
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

The Urban Spaceman wrote:On a completely seperate subject, Shane have you done something with our sigs? Its just before it would only show my sig correctly on the PC but not my phone. On my phone it would appear really low res making it almost unreadable, now its perfect, looks much better :)
Not touched anything with regards to Signatures, but if it's looking like it should then that's a good thing!
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Adding an ignore feature would be nice.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

ooh haha that does sound good!

I second that!

:)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Suicide Clyde
hit n run

Post by Suicide Clyde »

I third that!
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Something borked on my post... Now, this wouldn't be much reason for alarm... if it weren't the fact that I can't get the edit/quote buttons on my own post!

(Also, don't check out the YouTube channel on my 2nd tab. Really, don't. You certainly won't be missing out on any orgasming women or anything.)
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Ah, just fixed your post and worked out what went wrong! This will be fixed soon.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Just realized I should've linked to the post for accessibility >_<

At least I like to think it wasn't hard to get there, given the thread name was on the tab's title and all.

Check who’s online