Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

What do you Really Drive??

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Jordamn
mechanic

Post by Jordamn »

My "Little Bastard"

Mundano fan 01
driver

Post by Mundano fan 01 »

My current daily.

1984 and yeah, that's sadly not the real plate but ALMOST.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

I had one of these.

Ford Focus '98 2.0 130bhp Petrol-fueled

Nice car, good handling, comfortable. A the gas mileage was a bit crappy but I didn't care. I loved how it sounded at 6000rpm

But one day...

Recked'em!

I now own this one.

Ford Focus with a crappy 1.8 TDCi 115bhp Lynx engine. Recently had it remapped to 100 and 30-something bhp (I think it's sitting around 135bhp atm). Piece of crap engine, but it has good handling and it's quite comfortable. Quite spacious too.

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

So ok if we are talking cars and specs again. I now drive.... a... Modern... car? wait what?

I know, I havent owned a modern car in... well I havent owned a modern car. and it feels unusual driving something thats not 25 years old. or more.

These are Google images, refs, not actual pics... Just so ya know... you probly do.

So ya, I now drive an 06 Cadillac CTS

Since its spec time.

3.6 255 bhp 5 speed auto. (progress in tecnology I only got 180 BHP from my 30 year old V8)

It uses less fuel than my previus car, is much more comfertable, I cant drive non luxury cars nomore :P I guess I turned into an old person, But still.. I have chrome wheels now.. I like chrome. I polish every week, some may call it obsessive, but I cant stand dirty cars. even when I used to do the whole offroad thing I used to cleane everything down... wich I did hear some bypassing comments of ig being a 'fake offroader' but ah.

And what happend to the chevrolet you wonder?.. well Actully I know you dont.. but still rather than end up in my collection of things that dont work It has actully been sold on To be restored. I could have sold it for more.. But I like the idea its now going to continue its life.

So what now? I was thinking of dark window tint, And maybe some slight exhaust alteration, I still want quiet but you cant hear anything on accelration, and all that stuff is easily reversable. Its a less than 40k mile car owned by old people.. so I think were in for a long time togeather yet. heh
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

... =/

This kind of ford ... only very very dirty and with basic rusted rims and trollface sticker on it's ass =D

It is my girlfirend's who is too afraid to drive her self -_-

I would like to buy this
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

CzechDeath! My man!

No later than yesterday was I rambling about wanting a 4x4 Niva with a bull bar.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Toshiba-3 wrote:CzechDeath! My man!

No later than yesterday was I rambling about wanting a 4x4 Niva with a bull bar.

=D really ! hehe I'm sick of shiny clean city shit cars =D .. one day ... such niva will be mine!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

hmm, odd you guys, I been wanting to get back into the whole offroad thing too.. but probly in a jeep.

anyway Psyrgery Im curius what did happen there?

I ended up crashing my first car man :B but uh, yeah that was a wall, so I drove it for months after that.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Mad_Maxine wrote:anyway Psyrgery Im curius what did happen there?
Does "driving your car like an asshole" count as an answer?

Luckily noone was harmed (there were two of us in the car) but someone told me that the crash was pretty heavy, the car stood on its front part (doint a stand-up is called?) for a split second. The lower part of the car got destroyed (it was dragged along a side of the road).

Messy accident, but nothing serious.

Also Mad_Maxine, your new drive is awesome. Anybody can tell you're american by looking at those specs :P i'm in love with those big american cars, here we have to set for the more economic cars because fuel prices are sky high.

I am sure someday i'll own a muscle car, that's my personal dream :P
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

deadsheep
hit n run

Post by deadsheep »

Not my picture but it has the same wheels, color, etc.

Mercedes-Benz A 170 CDI 1998

Terrible suspension which is pretty uncomfortable and a weird 1st gear!
mlder1
pedestrian

Post by mlder1 »

My beast that I bought at the start of the year. A 2010 Ford Falcon XR50 Turbo ute. So far, I'm loving this thing. It drives well, has lots of power and is very comfortable.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Fr0nt wrote:
Front take another picture of your ride without that boring civil car in front of it! =D
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

CzechDeath wrote:
Front take another picture of your ride without that boring civil car in front of it! =D
took you long enough to came up with that ;)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Fr0nt wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

took you long enough to came up with that ;)

But still I was the first =D

Spoiler:

Toxic
motorised death

Post by Toxic »

The new Deathmobile!
Toxic
motorised death

Post by Toxic »

Oh yeah, so I did this...

And I have some warning beacons to go on the roof...
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

Thats amazing.
Toxic
motorised death

Post by Toxic »

Lights fitted...

Barbed wire added...

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Now you just need to drive that around town a few times and make sure everyone knows who you are :P
Mundano fan 01
driver

Post by Mundano fan 01 »

Welp, I just bought this baby... this wasn't done by me. XD

Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Earlier this year I got a new car and got rid of my Focus Diesel.

It's a new Opel (Vauxhall for you guys in the islands!) Astra, Petrol engine 4L 1.6 Turbo with 200bps.

It's been quite the jump over my crappy Diesel 1.8 with 115bhp. This thing is fast.

A friend of mine calls it "The Red little eagle" lol

Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Funnily enough I also got rid of my Ford Focus (petrol) earlier this year and bought a Vauxhall! Though the one I went for was a diesel Zafira. Not the most exciting car in the world, but it was exactly what we needed with two kids and a dog, so much room inside! It was a very reasonable price compared to the other options we looked at and, really, the best of them too as it was pretty much top spec when it was new.
a.k.a. Brent
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

As I now live in the mountains, I sold the Spark LTZ and now drive a beat-up 2004 Nissan Almera:

(featuring dog on the roof)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

typically at home - this one :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_JzoRDo_E

and sometimes - this lol

DZimmy
hit n run

Post by DZimmy »

Trent wrote:... it was exactly what we needed with two kids and a dog....
Darn it, you have a second baby? That was pretty fast. We have just started going to a kindergarten. :P

EDIT: To stay OT, I drive Citroen...Saxo.That's exactly what you do not need for two kids and a dog.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Haha, baby Saffron was born in April, she is now almost 5 months old. We found out we were having a second baby a week or two after we got the dog, having decided to get a dog instead of having a second baby any time soon...

Is Kindergarten like a nursery or more like pre-school? Jasper was going to nursery for a while after Hannah went back to work, then the good one he was going to shut down and another nursery accepted all the kids from that one, but where his old one was relaxed and personable and let kids from the different age groups mingle and play together, the new one was followed strict policies and school-like and kept each age group separate, which was shit. Jasper was quite advanced for is age so, despite being under 2, he used to play with the older kids and learnt a lot from them. In the new place he was kept with the under 2's, the oldest in there so no friends on his level, and they were awful with properly telling him off as if he was a 3 year old misbehaving on purpose. Add to that the fact it was more expensive as well as being awful and in a horrible location and we just decided to pull him out of nursery.

We found a nice child minder who lived fairly close and looked after a good number of kids, it's much more like his old nursery so he goes there now. She has some pre-schoolers and some school drop off/pick up kids too which is great for Jasper. When the childminder has been doing the alphabet and counting with the pre-school and school age kids he's been able to join in and is really picking it up nicely. It really shocked us a couple of months back when he just starter reciting the alphabet without help and only missing one letter as we hadn't tried teaching him the alphabet yet!

... But yes, cars. They go brum and vroom and crash. Cars are good.
a.k.a. Brent
DZimmy
hit n run

Post by DZimmy »

@Trent: Haha, the situation was quite opposite for us. We bought a dog (well, a pug) two weeks after we found out we do not need another baby anytime soon. :D

The kindergarten is something between, they are mixed up with some older kids. It has been two weeks not and I think they are quite happy there. Here in Czech republic, kids are usually accepted to the kindergarten after they reach 3rd year. They will be 3 y/o in late November, so we were pretty lucky.

That alphabet thing sounds he's pretty gifted. I think our kids have great sense of music. They have a way better sense of rythm than I do. :D
DeadPhoenix
pedestrian

Post by DeadPhoenix »

Lovely Honda Civic... but nowadays I am thinking to purchase some BMW model.. Any BMW fanats here? :P
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

We have an '04 BMW 320D but I wouldn't say I'm fanatical.

It has done 180k miles, I can fit a sofa in it without issue and most repairs are easily achieved by someone with no mechanical skills what-so-ever (just last year I replaced the alternator and some sort of bush arm things behind the wheels). An endorsement of sorts.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

What a coincidence. From tomorrow I'll be driving '08 bmw 530d manual, they're pretty rare with manual transmision. Worried about the cost of maintenance though.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

I drive a CU:NT, i guess
Mundano fan 01
driver

Post by Mundano fan 01 »

Don't ask me how it happened lmao, I didn't actually lose control and drive off the road... I actually reversed out of it and got stuck. :x

Check who’s online