Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[Tool] Minge: The CarMODgeddon Mod Installer

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Cool, glad that fixed it!

I'll look into the metadata issue and hopefully get a patch out tonight or tomorrow!
a.k.a. Brent
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

Thanks man, great news, bugs and all!

If only i could add to the modding pile but my skills end at skins!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

V5.1 released!

Just a minor update which fixes some issues people were having with v5: http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/tools/MingeV5.1.zip

• Mod preset fixes

• Mod packager fixes

• Scaling fixes

• Changed requirements in readme to .NET 4.6

a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks again for this Trent :)

Almost there, but every time I try to make a 'MingeBag', I get a warning of 'Incomplete details', and cannot proceed further, despite all of the details being filled in.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

ffs, that was dumb of me. V5.11 should fix it: http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/tools/MingeV5.11.zip
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks, that fixed it. :)

One other issue, when installing a mingebag: if any of its' contents are already installed, such as a shared wheel, then Minge will crash. Although, any content that wasn't already installed seems to install fine despite the crash.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Hmm interesting... I'll have to look into that one, I'll try to get v5.12 out this weekend!
a.k.a. Brent
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Trent upload some screenshots FFS!

Nobody gonna care if you don't have any screenshots!

Spoiler:

starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Just like when they came out with new consoles hopefully got the bugless version .11 :P

Good Job Trent ! Thanks !
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

And that's v5.12 released: http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/tools/MingeV5.12.zip

Added a new "overwrite mod" dialog and installing mods or Mingebags shows the dialog if an existing mod with the name is installed.

Hope that is the last of the pressing bugs!
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Awesome work Trent. That does the trick!

Only 'issue', albeit a very minor one, is that 5.12 seems to think that it is still 5.11 (Version No. under 'About' still reads 5.11) and prompts to download 5.12.

I'll try to get Part 1 of my releases out tonight. :)
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Doh! Forgot to increase the version number in the build. Just stealthily ninjad a new build in its place with the correct version number!
a.k.a. Brent
superwizzman
mechanic

Post by superwizzman »

Good job for the new version compatible with the CMD ! :) I think you should put your v5 in your first message. The people will see in the first page.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Superwizzman wrote:Good job for the new version compatible with the CMD ! :) I think you should put your v5 in your first message. The people will see in the first page.
Yeah I lost my operating system and googled it. Thats how I found out about version 5.12.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

I've added a link to the front page for the people who couldn't find the link on, up until yesterday, the last page of the thread and who don't want to use the built in version checking which lets them download the latest version if they have an old version.
a.k.a. Brent
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Hey thanks for a great job :]

I wanted to wait for workshop, but I decided to use this finally.

Do oponents use addon cars in freeplay?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Not by default, you need to manually select them for the opponents on the Grid screen. My old UI mod for Reincarnation made them pick form mod cars too, but I haven't updated it for Max Damage yet.
a.k.a. Brent
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

When packaging a mod for distribution I get an error when I enter a version number with multiple full stops Eg 1.0 works but 1.0.1 causes an error that the string is in an incorrect format.

Edit : also when importing a mod that has multiple full stops in the version name causes minge to crash

My .mingebag file is called Alpha_Eagle_IV_1.0.mingeBag, if I rename it to Alpha_Eagle_IV_1.0.1.mingeBag and try and install it Minge will crash.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Perhaps the GOG version is a little bit of an issue since the GOG folder is in the folder Program Files (x86) directory ? I cant get it to start without crashing . Any workaround ?
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Try installing the GOG version somewhere other than program files and see if it works, might need an update though.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

AlexTSK wrote:Try installing the GOG version somewhere other than program files and see if it works, might need an update though.
At first couldnt even see the "cog" settings icon. Trying that now.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

AlexTSK wrote:Try installing the GOG version somewhere other than program files and see if it works, might need an update though.
Changed the GOG folder to something else (C:\games). Tries it again still a failure "Not a Carmageddon Reincarnation folder" even under the Administrator settings even though Minge is in the C:\games\ directory. Maybe because there are no spaces in the c:\gems\CarmageddonMaxDamage folder like the Steam

one that says "{Carmageddon Max Damage".

Weird tried to choose the Steam folder of CMD and yet it gave me the same error. Now I am confused.

Its been so long since I ran a mod. Perhaps I am really getting old.

I selected the ACTUAL Carmageddon Reincartion folder in Steam and it worked ?
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Hmm, I'm guessing then Minge probably needs a small update to make it work with the GOG version.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

AlexTSK wrote:Hmm, I'm guessing then Minge probably needs a small update to make it work with the GOG version.
I hope so because the GOG version is so much fun. It seems like the game dosant lock you out of Multiplayer. I added your "any opponent" mod and didnt get an error message. with it in the ZAD folder and went back into the regular game.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Change that . my old age is showing thru.

I busted my tail looking for a link to download version 5.21. With THAT version selecting the GOG Carmageddon directory showed up with no errors or crashes.. But it seems that version doesnt save a new LUA file

It does say "this does not seem to be a CR direstory , please select another"
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

After some fiddling around it seems we cannot play this game in CarMODgeddon mode. I had that error show up about saving , etc but I can so far see no listing for CarmMODgeddon mode.

I will try further.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Sorry for the extra post.

To launch carMODgeddon mode add this line in properties ""C:

Games directory )\CarmageddonMaxDamage\bin\Carmageddon_Max_Damage.exe" -carmodgeddon
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Yes it makes sense you would start the game with the same command line switch as the steam version to start in carmodgeddon mode.

I havent got the GoG version yet so i dont know if theres any differences, but if you're getting the message saying it's not a Carmageddon: Reincarnation folder then that is working exactly as it should be as it's not a Reincarnation folder and you are running Minge in Reincarnation mode. You need to change it to Max Damage mode and then it should find the correct exe file.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

I posted the command line post because my previous post said it did not have carMODgeddon mode. in the GOG version your checkbox "Enable Carmodgeddon" does not work. The Launch Game does not work or crashes Minge.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Trent, it looks like the GOG version needs to have the WorkingDirectory set to the C:MD folder when shelling out the exe. You can't run the game by double-clicking the exe even, nor does a manually created shortcut work (you have to edit the Start In and remove the \bin).

Assuming you're using Process, you'll want to set the StartInfo.WorkingDirectory to the C:MD path and StartInfo.UseShellExecute to false.

Also worth noting is that Steam seems to intercept your attempts to shell the steam version and asks do I displays a popup asking do I want to allow the game to run with the specified parameters. No idea if this is something new or whether it can be fixed.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Not that it is a problem but when restarting Minge the folder that shows up is the Steam MD folder even though you previously selected the GOG folders directory before .

Trent if its "financial troubles" you are having when wanting the GOG version (etc) I can help you out, I love the gog version better , perhaps its because it runs smoother, so I would like an example mod (directory examples)to test even if I manually have to add the mods.

To me not running the Steam version (which I hate)and having to choose the GOG version (which I so far love)that might "kill" all of Alex's hard work. At least going from CR to CMD sort of was one big fustercluck :) Now we have GOG to deal with.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

PS assuming you are back into the modding game welcome back.

I was hoping to see the old Carma maps as an Xmas present
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

starbuck, please don't double/triple post. Just edit your previous post to add your latest thoughts.

Also, "financial troubles"? Really? So poor he can't afford to claim the free GOG key he got as a Kickstarter backer?

The intention is admirable but even momentary thought would rule it out.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

The reason I hadn't grabbed it was because I've got a slow internet connection and was in no rush to bog it down with a 10gb download.

Thanks Errol for pointing that out, I've fixed it up for the GoG version and I've also fixed the bug with the game directory not saving. New version is available through the updater or from here: http://carmatools.com/downloads/tools/MingeV5.20.zip

There's no difference between Carmodgeddon in the Steam version and the GoG version, mods will work without needing any changes.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Errol wrote:starbuck, please don't double/triple post. Just edit your previous post to add your latest thoughts.

Also, "financial troubles"? Really? So poor he can't afford to claim the free GOG key he got as a Kickstarter backer?

The intention is admirable but even momentary thought would rule it out.

People jump down my throat when I edit my posts. Besides his "financial troubles" he does have a new child doesnt he ? I did not know he was a backer, just trying to give away MY free key to someone. Besides I am getting real old :P

Thanks for the update Trent !

EDIT The file was detected by AVG as having a virus and was "sent to AVG for analysis" but started fine.

EDIT EDIT the report came back and said it was clean. Just FYI in case others report it.

Check who’s online