Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

80s Time Warps Used Cars. [Old Topic now locked]

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
CzechDeath
kill boss

80s Time Warps Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles. Texture update now out.

Post by CzechDeath »

panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

CzechDeath wrote:
my face when i saw that stock car and then i saw your post it was magic
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks guys, the Sonoma Stocker is quite tame compared to the other new vehicle that will be coming. Normal mad service will be resuming with that one.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

That hell camino!

Tell me if it's ultra obvious but how do you get all those modcars in the race? I only get original cars as enemies.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Tosh :)

That hell camino!

Tell me if it's ultra obvious but how do you get all those modcars in the race? I only get original cars as enemies.

At the grid screen, click on an opponent, and then you can then scroll left/right through the cars to the ones you want as opponents. :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Old Carmageddon: Reincarnation Releases:

These are no longer available for download, as space is needed for the new Max Damage versions.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Post:

I believe HEX1GONs original port folder was named MothTruck with no underscore. I'll add my name to the Zad file name to be sure though.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Nice work 80s Time Warp, some neat additional vehicles there. Going to give these all a spin later :) only thing I can see from the screenshots is the big dump r has the normal intensity a bit too high
Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine
hit n run

Post by Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine »

Those cars are so much fun, '80s Time Warp! They really keep the game alive and bring me back to play it for hours on end. I'm having a blast with the little Jeep, it's awesome!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Nice work 80s Time Warp, some neat additional vehicles there. Going to give these all a spin later :) only thing I can see from the screenshots is the big dump r has the normal intensity a bit too high
Thanks Alex. The normal strength was something I've gone back and forth on for some time, that will get adjusted when the next version comes along. :)

Those cars are so much fun, '80s Time Warp! They really keep the game alive and bring me back to play it for hours on end. I'm having a blast with the little Jeep, it's awesome!
Thanks. Glad to hear read that people are having fun with them. :)
hit n run

Now that we have a Gremlin, how about a Pacer inspired car? Or an old Mercedes or Jag for a change? Would be fun to smash them. ;)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

At the moment, the focus is Big Rigs/Trucks/Heavyweights, although, everything under that category (except Big Dump R) is dependent on trailer support, all of those vehicles have between 1-6 associated trailers each. Even if the modding mode did support trailers, there is a file-hosting issue. Whilst I do have 'unlimited' hosting on my web-host, it is limited to 150 Megabytes per file, which is why 11 vehicles had to be uploaded to dropbox, effectively taking up all of my capacity on there.

For now, I probably won't be releasing any more vehicles, not until things change with the modding mode. Steam Workshop support would make all of this so much easier, but I don't know if SG are still planning on making that a feature or not.

I will be looking into experimenting with an environment or two in the not too distant future.
hit n run

Ah, that's unfortunate. But I'm with you, Stainless should make Steam Workshop available.

Some new environments would be very much appreciated, the game needs more of them! ;)
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

thanks '80s Time Warp your vehicles are Impressive

only trying the v8's so far! (still have loads of your vehicles to try) these are a absolute joy to control :)
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

were can we donate to?

all the best
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Ah, that's unfortunate. But I'm with you, Stainless should make Steam Workshop available.

Some new environments would be very much appreciated, the game needs more of them! ;)
We shall see what the future brings. It's been a while since I did anything environment art oriented, but I've got a few ideas flushed out. Understandably when it comes, I will be starting small(ish) to get to grips with level setup.

thanks '80s Time Warp your vehicles are Impressive

only trying the v8's so far! (still have loads of your vehicles to try) these are a absolute joy to control :)
Thank you very much for the kind words. :)

were can we donate to?

all the best
That is very kind. If you'd like to donate, donations are accepted here.
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

Google drive is a good file hosting site, you get 15GB of space for free.

Its easy to access, faster to download from and the fact you can setup folders for public use makes it so much better compared to sites like mediafire.

Myself and the Assetto Corsa modding community use it for hosting and it makes things 100% better.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks for the info. When the time comes for more uploading I'll take a look at it. :)

I don't usually post WIP shots, especially this early in production. But here's some pics taken while testing an environment that I recently started building. There's still a very long way to go, but most of the paperwork has (so far) been considerably easier than expected.

Spoiler: Images

AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Nice and refreshing to see a new environment, let me know if I can help with modeling/texturing anything for the level to take some work off of you :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Alex, I might just take you up on that. :) Wait and see how things go when I start adding details, for now I'm re-doing the instancing of the base geometry & re-sizing the level.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Awesome, looking forward to it :)
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

Just redownloaded all the cars, i still had the old version. And thanks, i didn't know you could change opponents

Now off to test em all real quick (meaning all night probably)
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

laughed my ass off with some of the characters in 80s Time Warps collection, Burt Recker has to be one of my fav carmageddon characters ever,

hahaha nailed it
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Hope you don't mind, 80s Time Warp, but I've repacked the Plow Bucket mod into a proper ZAD file and updated the instructions on the proper way to install it when using ZAD. It's available from here http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/mods/PlowBucket.zip

Installation instructions are:

1. Rename scripts.zad to scripts_main.zad

2. Put z_PlowBucketMod.zad in the ZAD folder.

Much less confusing for people!
a.k.a. Brent
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Trent wrote:Hope you don't mind, 80s Time Warp, but I've repacked the Plow Bucket mod into a proper ZAD file and updated the instructions on the proper way to install it when using ZAD. It's available from here http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/mods/PlowBucket.zip

=3 Thanks mr Trent sir =D and 80s Time Warp ofcourse =D

EDIT*

80s Time Warp The spoon and some other parts are now weirdly clipping like doing 360 wierdly =D also Plow spins out like fuck with this awesome mode of yours =D
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Awesome, looking forward to it :)
Thanks Alex. Once I've got a list of all props/models that are still outstanding, I'll PM you a copy so you can pick out anything you'd like to do :)

Just redownloaded all the cars, i still had the old version. And thanks, i didn't know you could change opponents

Now off to test em all real quick (meaning all night probably)

Hope you have as much fun wrecking them as I did putting them together.

laughed my ass off with some of the characters in '80s Time Warps collection, Burt Recker has to be one of my fav carmageddon characters ever,

hahaha nailed it
Hehe, Thanks :)

Hope you don't mind, '80s Time Warp, but I've repacked the Plow Bucket mod into a proper ZAD file and updated the instructions on the proper way to install it when using ZAD. It's available from here http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/mods/PlowBucket.zip

Nope I don't mind, that is fine with me. I wasn't actually aware of that trick, so thanks for the heads-up. :) I've re-uploaded your repack and updated the first post accordingly.

With that in mind, I might actually sort out a zad mod for the Rig O Mortis so it possesses appropriate characteristics for a truck.

=3 Thanks mr Trent sir =D and 80s Time Warp ofcourse =D

EDIT*

'80s Time Warp The spoon and some other parts are now weirdly clipping like doing 360 wierdly =D also Plow spins out like fuck with this awesome mode of yours =D

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you mean the bucket is acting backwards and clipping through the body? If so, I've seen others encounter that with the base Plow, sadly, I don't know of any fix for it.

As for the quirky handling, I'm not sure what the cause is, it could be the different centre of mass on the bucket & bucket-arm, or because the buckets collision hull is enabled against cars. I just considered it a trade-off in exchange for getting to literally throw other cars around.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

'80s Time Warp wrote:

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you mean the bucket is acting backwards and clipping through the body? If so, I've seen others encounter that with the base Plow, sadly, I don't know of any fix for it.

As for the quirky handling, I'm not sure what the cause is, it could be the different centre of mass on the bucket & bucket-arm, or because the buckets collision hull is enabled against cars. I just considered it a trade-off in exchange for getting to literally throw other cars around.

Yes the spoon clips bacwards, it is almost always replicateble when running over larger crowds of the peds.

It is now pain to drive that Plow =D I am not happy with such tradeoff =D

I have yet to manage throw any car around. When I get to situation when I push car in front of me and I engage the flaps button, the spoon tries to lift but it cannot, so it just briefly twiches and that's it, so (???)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Yes the spoon clips bacwards, it is almost always replicateble when running over larger crowds of the peds.
Thanks for the info regarding re-producing the result, I see exactly what you mean, but I do not know of any fix.

I have spent the entire day testing different variables, cutting out certain methods - and I cannot stop it from happening entirely. Whilst some variables reduce the chances of it happening, such variables make it almost impossible to use the bucket as a weapon against cars. Furthermore I have re-produced the same effect on jointed/flappable parts (suicide doors) on other vehicles. I don't know why the game is allowing joints to go beyond their maximum & minimum limits. Joint limits are explicitly defined, and it should be impossible to go beyond them. Whether this is a bug, or a side effect from optimization somewhere along the line, I don't know.

If you're wondering why it doesn't happen anywhere near as much on the official version of the plow, it could be due to the joint being closer to the ground, so the front of the plow has to be lifted up more for it to happen. It definitely does happen though.

Unless someone knows of an absolute fix for this issue, which does not compromise the ability to use the bucket against other cars, I will not be spending any more time working on this.

It is now pain to drive that Plow =D I am not happy with such tradeoff =D
The new version has a tweaked 'setup.lol', with more grip for the rear wheels, which largely eliminates this issue.

I have yet to manage throw any car around. When I get to situation when I push car in front of me and I engage the flaps button, the spoon tries to lift but it cannot, so it just briefly twiches and that's it, so (???)
Typcially, you have to press flaps repeatedly.

Spoiler: Warning, boring psuedo-technical stuff

Remember that flaps, of which the Plows bucket is one, have a spring providing the force behind the motion. As such, the force behind the flap dissipates rapidly. To move heavier objects, the force has to be maintained, and that requires button mashing. Whilst the spring force can be increased, it can eventually cause issues in instances where there is no mass/object/prop/vehicle resisting the motion, potentially resulting in the vehicle doing a back-flip. I had this issue with the tipper on Big Dump R.

AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Cool 80s Time Warp, I'll keep popping in and checking my PMs then :)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Sweet thanks for the new version! imma test it ASAP =D

Yeh the backflips with plow, by mashing the flaps button in vanilla were hilarious =D Even more when I told shane about it and he apperently did not know about this =D

*EDIT*

the driving is perfect now!

I love this plow animation to death!

One thing tho is it possible to keep it from lifting during decceleration/braking and backing up? It throws off the centre of mass (which it should) but it kinda feels strange for it to just lift on it's own, when manuvering around...

Other then that I LOVE IT!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Cool 80s Time Warp, I'll keep popping in and checking my PMs then :)
Thanks Alex :) I've sent over the current to-do list.

Sweet thanks for the new version! imma test it ASAP =D

Yeh the backflips with plow, by mashing the flaps button in vanilla were hilarious =D Even more when I told shane about it and he apperently did not know about this =D

*EDIT*

the driving is perfect now!

I love this plow animation to death!

One thing tho is it possible to keep it from lifting during decceleration/braking and backing up? It throws off the centre of mass (which it should) but it kinda feels strange for it to just lift on it's own, when manuvering around...

Other then that I LOVE IT!

Thanks.

As for bucket-arm/bucket lifting under braking and reversing, tweaking the mass & centre-of-mass on the bucket-arm & bucket might reduce that. I won't be making any other adjustments any time soon, as I've got a lot on the 'to-do' list for the new environment.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Just a little update, as things are progressing slowly. There's still a long way to go, but some areas are closing in on presentable.

Testing the breakable pre-fab office, although it still needs damage textures & furniture (CRT Television included). Regardless, the basics work very nicely.

CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

holy wow! 80s Time Warp! That's some nextlevel shit!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

This is unfortunate but I am officially announcing the end of all production related to modding Carmageddon, for now. It's been over a year since the last live-stream or game update, honestly I can no-longer maintain the will to keep working on this. My hand has also been forced due to my licence for 3ds max expiring, so I can no-longer put content into the game anyway.

If things do change, I may come back to resume work and release more content.

With this in mind, I have compiled a special 'Final Compilation' to celebrate everything that has been, and some of the things that could still be. Also, this compilation includes all but one of the heavyweight vehicles that I have been keeping under wraps for a long time now. I've had a lot of fun working on all of this content, but this is it... for now...

Lastly, Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone out there, especially to those at Stainless Games for resurrecting Carmageddon for us.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Aw, first Alex and now you! Thanks for all the mods :)

Both Alex and you mention the lack of game update. Ideally what kind of update would you have liked to see: a patch to remove the locked down career mode, new content, and/or the release of official dev tools?

I feel like it might also be the lack of momentum in the modding community that's getting to you guys (and I'd understand)? As the way I see it, the dev tools and tutorials were made by the community already. Great additional content as well :)

It was the same for previous Carma titles, but the momentum lasted longer...
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online