Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

80s Time Warps Used Cars. [Old Topic now locked]

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
MasterOfPuppets
pedestrian

80s Time Warps Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles. Texture update now out.

Post by MasterOfPuppets »

I solved it by using Chrome, but thanks anyhow.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Damn'it, Starbuck beat me to it.

Anyway, I mean't to post this a few days ago when I added this to the news section, but never got around to it.

Here's a selection of screens taken using the in-car camera, now that it's configured correctly.

Spoiler: Show Images

Also, some more images from testing custom trailers. Unfortunately CarMODgeddon doesn't support trailers at the moment, so that will delay the releases of the big rigs.

Spoiler: Show Images

The final tow-bar attachment has been fitted to most of the regular vehicles and aligns nicely with the camper/caravan trailer hitch.

Otherwise, there's still some more work to do, but things are progressing.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

'80s Time Warp wrote:This still leaves paint-jobs & wheels without any real UI text, but I guess you can fudge the localisation entry code to resemble the name.

Yes

Spoiler:

AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Okay LuckyMike? once again just random screenshots can we please have some context? At least explain what you did...
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Nice job Luckymike, but i'm curious too! How did you achieve that? =D
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

some contex? ;-)
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

LuckyMike wrote:some contex? ;-)
Yeah, any info will help us all, it's been a hurdle that we have yet to overcome and you hold the keys to the gates of knowledge!!! Oh mighty Luckymike! Indulge us in your wiseness!
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

right now I will die
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

It's rather simple. You know in the vehicle_config.cfg where you define skins & wheels you have a line which is meant to define which piece of text from the game's text database to use? Just call that whatever you want the thing to be called. It's not perfect because you get the ugly square brackets but it's a good enough work around for the time being.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Trent said "It's rather simple. "

To YOU maybe :D

The thoughts of adding trailers is amazing guys. Great find ! One more step closer to that Holy Grail !
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Trent wrote:It's rather simple. You know in the vehicle_config.cfg where you define skins & wheels you have a line which is meant to define which piece of text from the game's text database to use? Just call that whatever you want the thing to be called. It's not perfect because you get the ugly square brackets but it's a good enough work around for the time being.
Thanks Trent, its a good temporary solution :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

LuckyMike wrote:
'80s Time Warp wrote:This still leaves paint-jobs & wheels without any real UI text, but I guess you can fudge the localisation entry code to resemble the name.

Yes

Spoiler:

It really wasn't necessary to caption my comment with images, as it is a statement, not a question.

Either way, I am still looking to see if there is a proper way of setting the names for paint-jobs & wheels.
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

Heh. Ok. Good luck with all your hard work.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Heh. Ok. Good luck with all your hard work.
Thank you.

After considerably more digging around the vehicle_setup section in the .exe, I haven't found anything else relative to UI text (that I could make sense of). So, it looks like it will be improvised paint-job & wheel names for now. At least the most important vehicle text can be set.
MasterOfPuppets
pedestrian

I figured out what the '70 Pug Sack Pit is, though if I could figure that anagram out I'm guessing everyone else did too.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I figured out what the '70 Pug Sack Pit is, though if I could figure that anagram out I'm guessing everyone else did too.
Yep, anyone familiar with that franchise should have got that one. To be fair, I didn't think anyone would really take notice of that list hehe.
MasterOfPuppets
pedestrian

I actually went and tried to figure out the entire list, but I'm not good with anagrams, to be honest.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I actually went and tried to figure out the entire list, but I'm not good with anagrams, to be honest.
It's nice to know at least one person tried :) Some of those anagrams will become clear soon enough. I am on the verge of having release candidates for the Wave 1 vehicles ready.

General News Update:

All vehicles in Wave 1 are essentially ready for release. There are some minor adjustments that still have to be made, and once the new C:MD version of Minge is available, I can look at getting Wave 1 out there. Recording & editing of the promotional video is now under way. The other release waves include vehicles with trailers, so those will be held back until further notice.

Spoiler: For anyone who is interested, here's the rough change/update list that applies to most of the vehicles in Wave 1:

• External Asset references updated for use in CMD (Engine sounds, exhaust VFX, etc)

• Configured Dashboard Camera position

• Added five new wheels to the 'Custom Muscle' wheel pack

- CM-13 Cracker Super Stokes

- CM-14 All Meshed up '80s Style

- CM-15 Interceptor

- CM-16 Pursuit Special

- CM-17 Keyslot Klassics

• Added a basic 'Custom Off-road' Wheel Pack (Hick Pickup is the only vehicle in Wave 1 that uses it)

- CO-01 Rug-Head Specials

- CO-02 Mc-Fly Specials

- CO-03 Off-Road Mags

- CO-04 Cracker Super Stokes

• Added two colour variations of Police Steelies for Squad Cars (Blue & White)

• Updated Shaders referenced by the following Materials - Misc, Interior, Lights + damaged vers', Glass + damaged vers', Lights_On

• New PBR-Derived Tire Textures for all wheels

• New PBR-derived damage textures for Paint material on all vehicles

• Added Custom Trailer hitch with tow-bar model

• Amended SFX sub-cat for windows/lights

• All antenna animations are now linked to SPEED_OVER_TIME only

• Added basic UI text for Driver Name, Driver Bio & Vehicle Name

• Added 'hack' UI text for Paint-Job names & Wheel Names

• Updated shrapnel reference

• Small increase in grip factor (around 5%) on all muscle cars over previous releases

• 'Toughness' value printed to garage now includes base offensive value in calculation

MasterOfPuppets
pedestrian

Is the Do Gas Card Quest '47 gonna be based on the

Spoiler:

Modified Plymouth that the Glendale Police Department used to have?

Because I'll be honest, that'll be goddamned amazing.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Is the Do Gas Card Quest '47 gonna be based on the

Spoiler:

Modified Plymouth that the Glendale Police Department used to have?

Because I'll be honest, that'll be goddamned amazing.

Nice guess, but nope.
HEX1GON
turbo bastard

Post by HEX1GON »

Thought I'd chime and say "bravo" 80s Time Warp.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Hex!

Those driver scans that you sent over have turned out pretty good. :)

Mini progress update:

• - All 'older' vehicles have had optimization of engine parts, more specifically the removal of dedicated structure part entries for all pulleys/fans. Parent parts now make use of the relevant 'NamedIn' Functions that my newer vehicles are using

• - Rear bumper on the Monty Carnage has been updated, and is now parented to the chassis instead of the c_body

• - Split up 'Misc' Engine parts (Radiator, Brake Master Cylinder) on the Leadpumper, and re-parented parts where applicable

• - Electric fans are no-longer linked to ENGINE_RPM, but are now linked to CONSTANT_OVER_TIME instead

• - Promotional video for Wave 1 is now complete

• - Despite repeated attempts, I have been un-successful in setting up user controllable police lights/sirens. I did manage to get the police lights on the squad car turning on/off with the horn (no siren SFX though), but that messes with all of the regular car lights. It also means the squad car cannot be chosen as an AI opponent due to the vehicle being declared as a 'Cop'. For the time being, the light/siren setup is the same as in CR

I've also dug up a few alternative V8 start up sounds to take the place of the stock ones used by the 'SUV' & 'Drag' sounds, these will be made available as optional extras.
HEX1GON
turbo bastard

Post by HEX1GON »

'80s Time Warp wrote:

Thanks Hex!

Those driver scans that you sent over have turned out pretty good. :)

Mini progress update:

• - All 'older' vehicles have had optimization of engine parts, more specifically the removal of dedicated structure part entries for all pulleys/fans. Parent parts now make use of the relevant 'NamedIn' Functions that my newer vehicles are using

• - Rear bumper on the Monty Carnage has been updated, and is now parented to the chassis instead of the c_body

• - Split up 'Misc' Engine parts (Radiator, Brake Master Cylinder) on the Leadpumper, and re-parented parts where applicable

• - Electric fans are no-longer linked to ENGINE_RPM, but are now linked to CONSTANT_OVER_TIME instead

• - Promotional video for Wave 1 is now complete

• - Despite repeated attempts, I have been un-successful in setting up user controllable police lights/sirens. I did manage to get the police lights on the squad car turning on/off with the horn (no siren SFX though), but that messes with all of the regular car lights. It also means the squad car cannot be chosen as an AI opponent due to the vehicle being declared as a 'Cop'. For the time being, the light/siren setup is the same as in CR

I've also dug up a few alternative V8 start up sounds to take the place of the stock ones used by the 'SUV' & 'Drag' sounds, these will be made available as optional extras.

Nice to hear, glad I could help.

The siren will always mess with lights, it happens with the cop cars I noticed. After a instant repair you find they work again until you use the siren.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Nice to hear, glad I could help.

The siren will always mess with lights, it happens with the cop cars I noticed. After a instant repair you find they work again until you use the siren.

Hopefully I'll be able to get all that lovely stuff out soon. :)

Interesting, it didn't screw around with the head/tail/brake/reverse lights that one time I was messing around with the APC. I could of just got lucky hehe, either way it doesn't really matter now.

Amusingly, when using the lumped continuous sound FXs, the pitch & speed now increases as the car accelerates, so the siren sounds like it's going hyper over 125 miles per hour.
MasterOfPuppets
pedestrian

Yeah, as far as I know only cop cars can have sirens for now.
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

Logged in here again after ages!

I got all your awesome C:MD updated mod cars downloaded, oh man that blood riviera and hevy impaler wooo! Now waiting impatiently for a new minge so i can get em to work. I can prob download the C:R files from somewhere and get em to work by changing foldernames etc but i've been very frustrated from unsuccessfully trying to install mods on multiple games since i got a new pc, and i'm not even gonna bother for now. So i'll wait for Trent to do his thing.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

panic wrote:Logged in here again after ages!

I got all your awesome C:MD updated mod cars downloaded, oh man that blood riviera and hevy impaler wooo! Now waiting impatiently for a new minge so i can get em to work. I can prob download the C:R files from somewhere and get em to work by changing foldernames etc but i've been very frustrated from unsuccessfully trying to install mods on multiple games since i got a new pc, and i'm not even gonna bother for now. So i'll wait for Trent to do his thing.

I haven't released my updated (C:MD version) vehicles yet, the only releases currently available are the old C:R versions. The new versions will not be released until Minge has been updated (applies to Muscle Cars & Full-size Cars only). All other releases (Vigilante 8 & Heavyweights) will have to wait until after CarMODgeddon support has been expanded to include trailers.

The current C:R uploads can be used in C:MD, but almost all vehicles will be without engine sounds, as one of the many little changes between C:R & C:MD was the renaming of four engine sounds.

If you want to use the old C:R versions in C:MD, the easiest way to do so is as follows:

1. Install the C:R versions to C:R using the current release of minge

2. Move the whole CarMODgeddon folder from C:R to C:MD

Thank you for the kind words. :)
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

Weird, i got em from some site that said something about updated for C:MD (coulda been a hallucination). Also i don't have Reincarnation but doesn't matter now since Trent did that glorious update! In the weekend im crashtesting these babies for sure
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Weird, i got em from some site that said something about updated for C:MD (coulda been a hallucination). Also i don't have Reincarnation but doesn't matter now since Trent did that glorious update! In the weekend im crashtesting these babies for sure
Weird indeed. Either way, enjoy, but there may be some 'issues', as whatever versions you have, are not the official ones I'm working on for C:MD.

Anyway, updated versions of the following:

• - Blood Riviera

• - Hevy Impaler

• - Hick Pickup

• - Leadpumper

• - Quarantine Cab

• - Monty Carnage

• - Paralyser Grand Prick

• - Paralyser Trash-Em

• - Stodge Barger

• - Stodge Squad Car '78

plus four new vehicles:

• - Do Gas Card Quest '74

• - Rio Grade Draft run

• - Sat Near Wig

• - Call haba Can

will be coming soon. Only one hurdle left to go. :)
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

Great work 80s Time Warp I can't wait to give these a go.

Quick question i haven't kept up to date with whats, what on this section of the forum but is the 3DSMax tool up to date to support Max Damage?.

Also is the AMC Gremlin on your website gonna make an appearance on Max Damage? ;)
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Congrats on the releases and re-releases 80s Time Warp :)

Just a side note, a video in at least 720p would be nice ;)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great release!! Digging the video as well!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Great work 80s Time Warp I can't wait to give these a go.

Quick question i haven't kept up to date with whats, what on this section of the forum but is the 3DSMax tool up to date to support Max Damage?.

Also is the AMC Gremlin on your website gonna make an appearance on Max Damage? ;)

Thanks. Enjoy wrecking them :)

The current release version of Trents Maxscript tools is the 'Reincarnation' Version, but the models that the Maxscript will export can be used in Max Damage without issue. Some of the newer CMD content may not import into max due to updates made to the MDL format. I know Trent has done a lot of work on the Maxscript since the last release, things like support for vehicles with & gt; 4 wheels & tracks, checkpoint placement & race routes, but it is still heavily in development.

As for the Gremlin, I've got no plans to bring any of the old Background car-pack models from my website background to Max Damage. However, if I ever manage to rebuild/re-create/re-incarnate all of the original Vigilante 8 vehicles, then the '76 Leprechaun covers the Gremlin.

Congrats on the releases and re-releases 80s Time Warp :)

Just a side note, a video in at least 720p would be nice ;)

Thanks Alex! :)

"720p!? What is this 720p? Is this some sort of super high quality VHS Tape I don't know of? All I have access to is 180 HQ VHS Tapes."

Period VHS jokes aside, I forgot to upload the original widescreen HD version of the trailer. EDIT: It's online now ;)

Spoiler: Attack of the V8s Part 1 Muscle Cars & Full-size Cars - HD Version

Great release!! Digging the video as well!
Thanks Tosh!
Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine
hit n run

Post by Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine »

I'm having much fun with those, 80s Time Warp! The damage model really shines on them, too. They deform nicely, while still being tough to bring down. Can't wait for the next bunch! :)
panic
hit n run

Post by panic »

Somehow i got the old versions working with new minge, not sure how, changed engine names. Worth downloading the new ones instead?

Anyway that cop car gave me nostalgic flashbacks of the handling in DRIVER back in the day, the only game that made cars drive like they did in 80's action movies, man it slides and jumps and lands just right.

Then i tried Hevy impaler (favorite carma car) and didn't get to try the others yet cause damn its good.

I wish i could fiddle with the damage and speed settings like in carma2 though, sometimes it's so hit&miss, like your car is cardboard and theirs is solid granite. Also want to replace that v8 sound with a real roaring one.

Check who’s online