Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Here's a little something I've been working on to replace the rotating question marks, I will release this as a separate mini-mod in case people prefer the vanilla question marks. Big thanks to Errol and Trent for helping me get my head around the particle system and CzechDeath for animating the question mark.

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Random Powerup Holograms v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

Changes to rotating question marks on random powerups to animated holographic question and exclamation marks. Designed to work best with my CUSTOM POWERUPS MOD but will work fine with the vanilla powerups too.

Big thanks to Errol for helping me figure out the particle system and how to attach the sprite to the powerup models, Trent for pro tips, and CzechDeath for creating the sprite sheet for the question marl, and of course Shane for not suing.

What this mod package contains:

• Animated sprites of a question mark and exclamation mark that will replace the default rotating one, uses the particle system instead of models

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zmod_RandomPowerupHolograms_AlexTSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zmod_RandomPowerupHolograms_AlexTSK.zad

Known Issues

Spoiler:

• The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon yet

• The holograms may float a little too far above the vanilla powerups as they are designed to work best with my custom powerup mod.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 12/04/2018

- Initial Release

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

New Powerups Mod v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

Brand new, more detailed, scratch made powerup models to spice up the look of your game and add some variety

Models created, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

• New models for the Oil drums

• New models for the Nitrous Bottles

• A new model for the Tyre Stack

• Replacement models for the Oil drums that were labelled "jerry_can", the new models are actually jerry cans(Fun fact, they were jerry cans in the pre-alpha)

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zMod_NewPowerups_AlexTSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zMod_NewPowerups_AlexTSK.zad

Known Issues

Spoiler:

• None so far

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 30/03/2018

- Initial Release

Screebshots

Spoiler:

hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

awesome mod! brings some kickstarter hype memories. will try only with the new eagle:P
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

"If you could describe the Eagle IV in one word what would it be?"

"Uncomfortable"

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Glad I'm not the one that has to sit in that seat. Great work as usual Alex.

Nice work on the new power-ups. I completely approve of the holograms (Unsurprisingly hehe), especially the distortions and slight color shifting. :)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

AlexTSK wrote:"If you could describe the Eagle IV in one word what would it be?"

"Uncomfortable"

why? quite comfy actually - a typical office place for current race drivers :P

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

AlexTSK wrote:"If you could describe the Eagle IV in one word what would it be?"

"Uncomfortable"

Is eagle IV a remake of the tdr2000 eagle or something new?
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Its a remaster of the scrapped Eagle IV from the pre-pre-alpha, the file was named Eagle IV so i just kept it (TDR isnt canon, we all know this)

Speaking of which, also I'm experimenting with a hawk IV counterpart:

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

A new Carerrasaur is coming, bit of this and a bit of that, some of it is fatcats model but mostly all new surfaces and proportions.

nobby
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by nobby »

You know I'm going to get really picky about this one Alex...
I was in the war.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

nobby wrote:You know I'm going to get really picky about this one Alex...
I can deal with that :P
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Restyled Checkpoints v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

Changes the look of the checkpoints to resemble the pre-alpha checkpoint style, also goes well with my holographic powerups mod.

• Changes the textures of the checkpoint holograms as well as removing the lights attached to the checkpoints.

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zmod_Restyled_Checkpoints_TSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zmod_Restyled_Checkpoints_TSK.zad

Known Issues

Spoiler:

• The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon yet

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 27/04/2018

- Initial Release

CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

Yep...

Was good idea =D

I don't get why they changed it to the red version, this was always better.
shane
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by shane »

Looks great Alex! Awesome job :D
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Alex's Garage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great mod Alex, does look neat.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks guys, the work continues steadily, almos done with all the unwrapping, the smooth undertray probably won't be included in the mod for obvious reasons :)

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Awsome work as usual!

Later Edit: Anything new?
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

MrDeviance wrote:

Nope
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

Nope

...and now? C'mon man! It've been 2 weeks god damit!

Spoiler:

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Maybe the guy lost his motivation again. Let him be.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Haven't lost motivation however the Eagle IV project has grown somewhat beyond the scope of putting it in CMD, it may still happen one day but I'm not promising anything.

Edit : To elaborate, I'm working on the Eagle IV as we speak but I have broken up the vehicle into a more modular setup so that I can also finish the Eagle MK1 by reusing mostly the same underbody, interior, and engine components from the Eagle IV which will save a lot of time. The project is now intended to be showcased in Unreal Engine 4 instead and be used for my porfolio. I can port it to the game but it will more than likely give lower end PCs a really hard time and the only way I could optimize it is removing a lot of the detail. If there's enough interest in that then I can certainly give it a try. The Eagle MK1 is also expected to be finished some time in the next few months but its the same story for that vehicle (a portfolio piece rather than built to the specifications of CMD)

Continuing to make mods for the game is really hard knowing that a handful of people will download and play said mods for five minutes before moving onto something else. If we ever get a patch or news of any kind I will be here to pick up where I left off but for now I must move on :) I will continue to post carmageddon related stuff on this topic as I finish up if the mods don't mind, failing that I can move it over to my dormant fan art topic.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

AlexTSK wrote:Haven't lost motivation however the Eagle IV project has grown somewhat beyond the scope of putting it in CMD, it may still happen one day but I'm not promising anything.

Edit : To elaborate, I'm working on the Eagle IV as we speak but I have broken up the vehicle into a more modular setup so that I can also finish the Eagle MK1 by reusing mostly the same underbody, interior, and engine components from the Eagle IV which will save a lot of time. The project is now intended to be showcased in Unreal Engine 4 instead and be used for my porfolio. I can port it to the game but it will more than likely give lower end PCs a really hard time and the only way I could optimize it is removing a lot of the detail. If there's enough interest in that then I can certainly give it a try. The Eagle MK1 is also expected to be finished some time in the next few months but its the same story for that vehicle (a portfolio piece rather than built to the specifications of CMD)

Continuing to make mods for the game is really hard knowing that a handful of people will download and play said mods for five minutes before moving onto something else. If we ever get a patch or news of any kind I will be here to pick up where I left off but for now I must move on :) I will continue to post carmageddon related stuff on this topic as I finish up if the mods don't mind, failing that I can move it over to my dormant fan art topic.

Man. I think you're too hopeful regarding those patches or news updates.

The way I see it, were not talking about a lack of future patches here but a total lack of Stainless as a whole!

I think this site is all there is and all that will ever be regarding stainless.

They had their chance to inject life into their main franchise and they missed it due to various reasons.

They had that desperate attempt with crashes that failed too. It's done.

Hell, even Cliff Blezinsky failed and shut down his studio a few weeks ago.

The medium is very competitive and there are just too many games put out daily, for anybody to have time to check them all.

Being a medium game dev company is not worth it anymore.

Either you go with the big kids or with the small indies. The medium sized dev companies risk their lives with every new game they put out that doesn't cash in.

Complex games cost too much to produce these days and in the end even when they're good, without enough pr, nobody knows about them and they end up losing lots of potential sales.
Commander E1M4
pedestrian

Re: Alex's Garage

Post by Commander E1M4 »

Some car links are down (Countslash RDX, and others with dropbox links are down).

Can someone reupload them please?

Thank you
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

The Countslash RDX is not a complete mod and I don't want it to be out there in its unfinished state.
Commander E1M4
pedestrian

Post by Commander E1M4 »

Thank you for response
WinterEclipse4
pedestrian

Post by WinterEclipse4 »

The SDT Suppressor doesn't appear to work anymore as the game crashes upon trying to start a match while using the vehicle.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Are you perhaps trying to install this mod on the experimental build? The mod was designed to be installed on the vanilla CMD with Minge, it has to be installed differently for the experimental build. I think you have to use the Carmodgeddon Updater as linked here viewtopic.php?t=9732
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
WinterEclipse4
pedestrian

Post by WinterEclipse4 »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:15 am Are you perhaps trying to install this mod on the experimental build? The mod was designed to be installed on the vanilla CMD with Minge, it has to be installed differently for the experimental build. I think you have to use the Carmodgeddon Updater as linked here viewtopic.php?t=9732
I actually wasn't I tried to do it on the vanilla CarMODgeddon and even without. I would try downloading the mod it would say the wheel garage file isn't a mod then crash trying to load the other wheel file then warn me the wheels weren't installed.

Check who’s online