Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Alex's Garage

Post by Errol »

MrDeviance wrote:Sad to see you go but I understand the situation. I saw it coming miles away. This is no way to treat a game nor a modding community after so much PR that relied in hype...

So many broken promises to us fans and a very mediocre remake with very poor optimization and shitloads of bugs.

R.I.P Stainless

I guess it could have been worse...

Others outright ran away with the kickstarter money and never made anything...

So at least Stainless didn't steal the money but this is a pathetic and bitter reason to cheer myself up...

I am so glad that I didn't donate to Kickstarter. I would have been livid now.
Oh do fuck off.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

Errol wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:Sad to see you go but I understand the situation. I saw it coming miles away. This is no way to treat a game nor a modding community after so much PR that relied in hype...

So many broken promises to us fans and a very mediocre remake with very poor optimization and shitloads of bugs.

R.I.P Stainless

I guess it could have been worse...

Others outright ran away with the kickstarter money and never made anything...

So at least Stainless didn't steal the money but this is a pathetic and bitter reason to cheer myself up...

I am so glad that I didn't donate to Kickstarter. I would have been livid now.

Oh do fuck off.

Spoiler:

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Errol wrote:
Oh do fuck off.

Spoiler:

Errol wrote:Yup! It also has better FBX support (fixed a few annoying bugs too), a proper material editor and a handful of other funky-fresh features.

Hopefully out... soon! (Posted on 10/11/2016)

Says the guy that was THE FIRST to abandon ship after he boasted working on major conversion features just to leave his major project hanging due to losing interest just like everybody else did..

I think you fucked off before I did, partner.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Alex's Garage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

MrDeviance wrote:Says the guy that was THE FIRST to abandon ship after he boasted working on major conversion features just to leave his major project hanging due to losing interest just like everybody else did..

I'm not sure I follow, what did you actually do for the CMD community? One could argue you didn't even board the ship in the first place.

Errol might have put Flummery on hiatus, but not only is it a great converting tool: CMD-modding started with his work.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

he was on a different ship.......a pirate ship.

never forget.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Alex's Garage

Post by Errol »

MrDeviance wrote:Says the guy that was THE FIRST to abandon ship after he boasted working on major conversion features just to leave his major project hanging due to losing interest just like everybody else did..

Not a lack of interest but a total lack of time. Unfortunately some things slipped (pretty much every one of my hobbies has taken a back-burner for the last 12 months).

Amusingly, the features mentioned in the quoted post were actually released in a beta of Flummery late 2016. There have been a couple of betas since then too.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
timmy76
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by timmy76 »

Where is the ban hammer when you need it.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Alex's Garage

Post by Errol »

Hey Alex, I realise I haven't posted here on the subject of your leaving. I'm sorry to see your leaving and feel somewhat responsible due to my "abandoning ship" on Flummery.

You're more than welcome to loiter in #carma should you want.

-Errol
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Hey Errol

You've played no part in me stopping the mods I assure you, if it wasn't for you I would have never started in the first place, I'm sure the same goes for the other few people who used flummery in any way so please don't feel responsible.

I've been quite busy with other work the last few months so I haven't had much time to be on #carma but I'll be back soon :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Also this thread devolved quickly, I don't suppose we can get back on track? I'll be back soon.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

wow good news. i started to forget CMD while playing Assetto Corsa :D
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Alex's Garage

Post by Errol »

hazardic wrote:wow good news. i started to forget CMD while playing Assetto Corsa :D
I lured him back with the promise of Flummery updates and cake.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Lured back indeed :)

I'm hoping to make some videos for my upcoming build, mainly to help Errol identify workflow issues and slowdowns. I'll do my best to narrate these as if it was a tutorial so maybe they will be helpful to someone.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

100 pages of posts! Congrats for sticking with me my dudes, 2018 here we go.

The Alpha Eagle IV just needed some massaging and love that's all, no need to start all over again :)

Coming soon™
Full Resolution
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

amazing work Alex, as always. Looking forward to play that beast!
starbuck
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by starbuck »

Since the release of GOG Carmageddon, are there any guides on how to transfer these cars to work with the GOG version ?

Folder structures and such ?

Let me know if you need anything.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I would imagine it would work the same way as the steam version, copy your steam carmodgeddon folder into the GOG install and run the game in carmodgeddon mode. Haven't had a chance to look at the gog release yet :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

"Be very quiet, there is a spy among us"

Here's a quick little mod I threw together :)

Removed all the black outlines from the powerups, added C1 style circles and desaturated the colors.

Edit : Looks like my memory sucks since the circles on the C1 pups are all black, I'll revisit this soon, probably make some new powerup props instead.
starbuck
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by starbuck »

AlexTSK wrote:I would imagine it would work the same way as the steam version, copy your steam carmodgeddon folder into the GOG install and run the game in carmodgeddon mode. Haven't had a chance to look at the gog release yet :)
For one thing The cars wheels folders are in located in the actual vehicle_carname.ZAD. I love the new barrels you did. the old ones look stupid.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Cool, to see you changed your mind. Looking foward to your work.
Trent
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by Trent »

starbuck wrote:For one thing The cars wheels folders are in located in the actual vehicle_carname.ZAD.
That's not a difference between the two versions, the main ZADs just have them in the same zad, the same as the steam version. CarMODgeddon works differently to the main ZAD folder and requires wheels to be their own mod, the same as the steam version.
a.k.a. Brent
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Game res shell is about 90% complete and I'm cracking on with the engine and suspension before filling in the shell, interior last then textures!

flykas
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by flykas »

Hey! Great to se you back at it.

And nice work.

It really was sad to see people leaving, because I mean while the game is not all what we expected, but there are great improvements and maybe the mods could make it really great.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

flykas wrote:Hey! Great to se you back at it.

And nice work.

It really was sad to see people leaving, because I mean while the game is not all what we expected, but there are great improvements and maybe the mods could make it really great.

Thanks :) Good to be back making things again, got lots of plans, hopefully I can get more stuff released this year. Errol is back with Flummery development too and thats a big reason for my exitement. I love the process of designing and modeling vehicles but getting them into the game is really tedious at the moment so hopefully the new Flummery features help speed things along :)
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

looking good, keep up!
starbuck
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by starbuck »

Trent wrote:
starbuck wrote:For one thing The cars wheels folders are in located in the actual vehicle_carname.ZAD.

That's not a difference between the two versions, the main ZADs just have them in the same zad, the same as the steam version. CarMODgeddon works differently to the main ZAD folder and requires wheels to be their own mod, the same as the steam version.

Then why when I use Minge doesnt the mods from CMD work in the GOG version yet they work in the Steam version of CMD ?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Alex's Garage

Post by Errol »

starbuck wrote:
Trent wrote:

Then why when I use Minge doesnt the mods from CMD work in the GOG version yet they work in the Steam version of CMD ?

Are you having issues with the latest version of Minge released yesterday? The one with the "path save" issue fixed and support for launching the GOG C:MD?
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

Nice =D it looks really great, kinda has very oldschool wheel arches, but other than that nice =D
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

lookin good and sexy=)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Hey guys, turns out the textures on all my mods were not looking correct due to GibbedTools being a bit broken. Thanks to Trent its been patched and I'm happy to report that textures are not looking correct!

Old Suppressor (Notice how washed out the textures are)

Here's what the colors are SUPPOSED to look like:

I'll reupload the fixed version soon :)
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

AlexTSK wrote:Notice how washed out the textures are
Hard to tell as those two comparison shots have very different ambient light sources.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Here you go, same map, same lighting

Broken Version :

Fixed Version:
starbuck
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by starbuck »

Errol wrote:
starbuck wrote:
Trent wrote:

Are you having issues with the latest version of Minge released yesterday? The one with the "path save" issue fixed and support for launching the GOG C:MD?

Ramblings of an old panhandler of the west. It works fine now. Three different versions of "Carmageddon" will do that to you :) Wrong directories in the same game, stuff like that.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Alpha Eagle IV v1.6

DOWNLOAD LINK

The Eagle IV from the early Carmageddon Reincarnation pre-alpha (cut before public release)

Model created by : Stainless Games

Extra UV mapping, tweaking, textures, in-game rigging, by AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Install with Trent's Minge Tool

Changelog

V1.6 28/01/2018

Fixes:

• Textures re-converted to use PBR flags (Thanks to Trent fixing GibbedTools). Textures finally appear as they were authored.

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

SDT Suppressor v1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK

Changelog

V1.1 01/28/2018

Fixes:

• Textures re-converted to use PBR flags (Thanks to Trent fixing GibbedTools). Textures finally appear as they were authored.

Check who’s online