Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

AlexTSK wrote:Once I finish the job I'm working on now I should have some more time and get to completing the Eagle MK1 which I do intent to put in the game, maybe as one last mod in case there is no more updates on CMD.

eagle mk1 - yes! but no countslash, eagle proto (which externals are almost done) or rod?..
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I have pretty much run out of motivation for making mods out of my cars .I'm still very much excited to finish the cars that are on the list like the proto eagle, hawk, countslash, and cleaver but they will just have to remain artworks for the time being and not actual playable cars. As much as I'd like to see them in the game the process is too time consuming for me personally and takes away from other things I could be doing

If there is news that CMD will get the modding tools that we were told would get released some years back Id be happy to get back to modding. Until then I'm helping '80s Time Warp with some level props and getting back to other cars and projects that I've started that aren't Carmageddon related.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by helomyname »

Anywhere we can follow your other work?
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Yeah sure you can, here's all the places I'm active

Twitter : @AlexTsekot

Facebook

My Portfolio

Artstation

Deviantart

Add me on Steam : AlexTSK

If you feel like having a chat about anything/have questions I'm usually available on my Discord server : https://discord.gg/jYpVuqs
flykas
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by flykas »

Not so great news, but I understand.

Juts to let you know that I try out all new mod vehicles and your mods are really great, I was hoping for Bare bones hotrod to be in CR:] also cannobal looks sick.

Well lets see what future will bring, I really hope that carma modding will be still resurrected:]
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

flykas wrote:Not so great news, but I understand.

Juts to let you know that I try out all new mod vehicles and your mods are really great, I was hoping for Bare bones hotrod to be in CR:] also cannobal looks sick.

Well lets see what future will bring, I really hope that carma modding will be still resurrected:]

Thanks a lot :)

I'm not going anywhere, just taking a bit of a break from doing in-game stuff for a bit.

I hope we get some news about CMD, even if they are bad news I'd take anything at this point just to know where I stand.
ZeMantras
mechanic

Alex's Garage

Post by ZeMantras »

Really like your vehicles! , hope to see more in the future
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

AlexTSK wrote:I have pretty much run out of motivation for making mods out of my cars .I'm still very much excited to finish the cars that are on the list like the proto eagle, hawk, countslash, and cleaver but they will just have to remain artworks for the time being and not actual playable cars. As much as I'd like to see them in the game the process is too time consuming for me personally and takes away from other things I could be doing

If there is news that CMD will get the modding tools that we were told would get released some years back Id be happy to get back to modding. Until then I'm helping '80s Time Warp with some level props and getting back to other cars and projects that I've started that aren't Carmageddon related.

yeah, that's fair=) i do understand you perfectly. but i hope eagle mk1 will be released in nearest future?
RoRo
mechanic

Alex's Garage

Post by RoRo »

AlexTSK wrote:I have pretty much run out of motivation for making mods out of my cars .I'm still very much excited to finish the cars that are on the list like the proto eagle, hawk, countslash, and cleaver but they will just have to remain artworks for the time being and not actual playable cars. As much as I'd like to see them in the game the process is too time consuming for me personally and takes away from other things I could be doing

The art's still sick to look at. You got a ton of talent. Do whatever makes you happy, dude. :)
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

AlexTSK wrote:

I'm not going anywhere, just taking a bit of a break from doing in-game stuff for a bit.

I hope we get some news about CMD, even if they are bad news I'd take anything at this point just to know where I stand.

I fully encourage your attitude towards this game. You have done so much to please my eyes and my classic carmageddon car remake lust.

I won't deny, I was counting the days until you quit and I secretly hoped you are crazy and won't ever quit, even though it was clear that it was about time you do so, in the light that Stainless has completely lost almost every drop of respect and credibility that they have gained in the past.

I wish you the best of luck and I wish you to be hired and become a top dog 3d artist for some triple A studio that will pay you huge sums and treasure your talent!

As for Stainless.... Congratulations, you... yoouuu... "extremely smart" chaps! Your modding policy and your interest in this community has costed you the patience of maybe one of the most patient and talented 3d artists that I've seen in a long while, that was freely and single handedly making extremely high quality car mods for your unpopular game, that could potentially get a few more copies of your game sold and also keep this game alive a bit more.

You did exactly jack shit to support modding, something that could have repaired and given a new life to your jumbled mess of a game.

If this forum wouldn't have been your property to which I am allowed to post, I would have insulted you big time...

Frankly, I threatened many times that I will leave this place but right about now, I feel really fucking livid seeing your "don't give a fuck" attitude to everything lately.

As bad as it sounds from a guy that waited so much and hoped so much for a new carmageddon game, I really think Stainless is dead and deserves it in full based on the way they have handled this and are still doing so.
flykas
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by flykas »

MrDeviance wrote:
AlexTSK wrote:

I fully encourage your attitude towards this game. You have done so much to please my eyes and my classic carmageddon car remake lust.

I won't deny, I was counting the days until you quit and I secretly hoped you are crazy and won't ever quit, even though it was clear that it was about time you do so, in the light that Stainless has completely lost almost every drop of respect and credibility that they have gained in the past.

I wish you the best of luck and I wish you to be hired and become a top dog 3d artist for some triple A studio that will pay you huge sums and treasure your talent!

As for Stainless.... Congratulations, you... yoouuu... "extremely smart" chaps! Your modding policy and your interest in this community has costed you the patience of maybe one of the most patient and talented 3d artists that I've seen in a long while, that was freely and single handedly making extremely high quality car mods for your unpopular game, that could potentially get a few more copies of your game sold and also keep this game alive a bit more.

You did exactly jack shit to support modding, something that could have repaired and given a new life to your jumbled mess of a game.

If this forum wouldn't have been your property to which I am allowed to post, I would have insulted you big time...

Frankly, I threatened many times that I will leave this place but right about now, I feel really fucking livid seeing your "don't give a fuck" attitude to everything lately.

As bad as it sounds from a guy that waited so much and hoped so much for a new carmageddon game, I really think Stainless is dead and deserves it in full based on the way they have handled this and are still doing so.

I don't understand why they are silent about the future of carma, but apart from that you can't be really angry at them. I mean this is a huge business and they cannot just go and do what they or we want. Whole development wasn't very fortunate, but I think Stainless still deserves mad respect for buying back the rights to this franchise and make a game that most people of the carma community wanted, while it may not be most commercially clever option. They could also name the game carmageddon, take unreal engine and just made simple arcade game with dumbed down physics like in GTA 5.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks RoRo :) I'll do my best to finish off the remaining cars

The MK1 is still very likely to be a mod, though like I mention depending on whether we get any news about the game it may be my last mod for CMD.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

Thank you Alex for your passion!
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

flykas wrote:
I think Stainless still deserves mad respect for buying back the rights to this franchise and make a game that most people of the carma community wanted

I can't agree with this part of your post.

Firstly, why should Stainless deserve mad respect for buying back the rights to a franchise, when it's obvious that the whole point of them doing this in the first place, was to make profit for themselves.

I don't understand why would this qualify for respect let alone MAD respect...

They bought it because they saw an opportunity to develop a game which they thought it might sell well and start a franchise and get rich with it.

The fact that they didn't manage to reboot this franchise because the game was made like shit and it didn't sell well, is their own problem not ours.

You have to realize that Stainless is not a bunch of Carmageddon fans that just wanted to make this game out of the goodness of their hearts.

They are a business and businesses are cold and dead inside with a fake warm smile on the outside.

As for making the game that the carma community wanted, the reality shows that they did not manage to achieve that.

I don't know what their intentions really were, but making the carmageddon game that the community wanted is clearly not what they achieved.

In my opinion, they didn't have a clear direction of what this next carmageddon game was supposed to be.

It was a remake but not a remake and it was for old fans but it was for new fans too...

They simply didn't make up their minds about what was their target demographic so they went all over the place with it and they basically remade Carmageddon 1 with a cartoony art direction and 2005 graphics and after many delays they released it in a very laggy and buggy state in the year 2015.

When they got shat on by the whole gaming press and by every single kid out there that compared it with gta 5 and with wreckfest and said it had shitty graphics and bad animations, they tried to save their asses by reducing the damage physics model in order to run better, they added a few extra cars and renamed it to max damage, releasing it on the consoles for maximum cash...

Sadly, the console version didn't get them enough money either.

So they got even more desperate and they re-released reincarnation on pc with the max damage name, in hopes that this time the extra car and the "optimizations" would help it get better grades when it would get reviewed again.

Sadly, this flopped too and as one last final desperate attempt at getting some cash, they started developing that ios/android piece of shit called Carmageddon Crashers, which is an all around clusterfuck that nobody likes again.

And this brings us to today.

They most likely have their whole world spinning around their heads, and I bet they are still desperately trying to do something with Carmageddon Crashes which is buggy, laggy and boring as fuck.

I don't hate them and I don't take pleasure in recalling this whole fucked up recent history but then again I also can't say I will cry if they die.

They just did bad decision after bad decision after bad decision and most of these mistakes were so blatant that I could notice them as they happened even before they had financial impact on them, and somehow they couldn't see them.

My prediction is they will drown in debt by the end of this year or by the next summer and they will close up shop or reduce their staff to 3-4 people max.

So the reason why they don't post here anymore is because they know they will get asked questions that can't be answered without first admitting that they fucked up royally and burnt all those kickstarter money + extra on failures.

Back when this game was being developed, all devs and Nobby were all over this fucking place like ants.

You couldn't make a single post without them seeing it and commenting it and now they are just gone, vanished.

I bet Nobby doesn't even want to hear about the Carmageddon name ever again, after this massive flop.

I can't really believe some people here are naive enough to still wait for linux ports of this monstrosity or for that drm free version or for carmodgeddon updates.

You all need to get it through your heads that this was it. They are not going to deliver the remaining toys for the backers, not updates for this game nor any more ports.

This was it, kaput!
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

IF they really did it for the money, they would have changed the handling....
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Fr0nt wrote:IF they really did it for the money, they would have changed the handling....

I think they were more at home with that type of handling, especially since the game's engine is the old one that got it's render rewritten.

It could very well be said that they knew how to do this type of handling and they stuck with it.
legomeaker101
hit n run

Alex's Garage

Post by legomeaker101 »

MrDeviance wrote:
I don't hate them and I don't take pleasure in recalling this whole fucked up recent history but then again I also can't say I will cry if they die.

are you sure you don't hate them? hoping that someone will die is kinda considered hating someone and do I really have to bring up ALL the forums you have created/derailed with your "Stainless Sux" comments?
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Legomeaker101 wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

are you sure you don't hate them? hoping that someone will die is kinda considered hating someone and do I really have to bring up ALL the forums you have created/derailed with your "Stainless Sux" comments?

I am at that bridging point between hating them and being disappointed in them.

I don't hate them enough to want them to die but I dislike them enough to say good riddance if they die.

However, if they magically pulled a rabbit out of their hat, I would be willing to check it out and see if it's worth it.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

Guys cmon: every time i see new replies i hope Alex shows something interesting but.. once i enter i see a discussion about Stainless fails :D

While all of you may be right from your own side, i believe we should not clunk the thread with such discussions - they are not related to Alex and his great work.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

hazardic wrote:Guys cmon: every time i see new replies i hope Alex shows something interesting but.. once i enter i see a discussion about Stainless fails :D

While all of you may be right from your own side, i believe we should not clunk the thread with such discussions - they are not related to Alex and his great work.

They are related to him. He quit because he got tired implementing his cars in the game, because of multiple reasons, one of them being the lack of interest from Stainless in releasing more news or updates to the game.

They are effectively killing the modding community with their lack of interest in helping it in any way shape or form.

Alex's great work will continue, just not in this realm.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I haven't quit, I'm just doing a pretty sizeable job right now for a client so I don't really have much time to fiddle with the cars, once that calms down I will be back.
legomeaker101
hit n run

Alex's Garage

Post by legomeaker101 »

i just installed windows in bootcamp to play c:md and the first thing i tried was your mods i have to say that your supressor is exactly what i was expecting from cmd love it
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks man, glad you're enjoying it :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Well, it doesn't look like we'll see any more updates to the game.

It's been fun guys, but my enthusiasm has waned quite a bit. I'll keep you guys posted on the finished renders of the cars here once they are done. Highly doubt I will be making any more mods though :)

Here's a couple of things I was messing around with a little while ago, just for old times sake :)

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Alex's Garage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Nice stuff :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I wish I could disagree with you Alex, but it's been 13 months since the last update - I can't see anything coming now. It's all a shame since you've had lots of great quality stuff in the pipeline.

Regardless, nice work. I like some of the touches you've got on the De Gory'un there. Although, I'm not a fan of the door vents/gill or the trunk scoop, but then again I don't like them on the official De Gory'Un either hehe.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

oh noo,.. my dream is just breaking noow.. i check this section everyday in hopes Alex will continue his work as promised but oh.. well :(
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

2 bad it is what it is. Those look great.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

All I was really looking forward to was the modding tools to help us out, not even more content patches or paid DLC.

There's basically zero incentive to continue modding if the game is never going to be updated but with proper tools and an unlocked game at least the community would be able to create patches and fix things. C2 is still alive even in a very small way, its sad to see CMD being abandoned. Maybe there will be a resurrection in a couple of years time like what happened with say street legal redline. I'm still hopeful but for now I must move on to other things :)
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

Alex, since seems your CMD modding is over (until further notice), would you be so kind to share your latest almost done work (eagle mk1, rod, etc) with Toshiba maybe, please? In this case he could port them to c1 or c2, in case he will have spare time or a mood or the will to port them..

I just though that your superb work shouldn't be leaved behind after all those efforts and it would be awesome to have it at least in c1/c2 :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Once I finish the cars for my portfolio I will share the models with Tosh if he's still interested :)
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

AlexTSK wrote:Once I finish the cars for my portfolio I will share the models with Tosh if he's still interested :)

great! thank you Alex! love you! (i mean - as a contributor artist :P)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

hazardic wrote:
AlexTSK wrote:Once I finish the cars for my portfolio I will share the models with Tosh if he's still interested :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAj26rVWK14
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

CzechDeath wrote:
hazardic wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAj26rVWK14

love ya too :) as a contributor artist
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Sad to see you go but I understand the situation. I saw it coming miles away. This is no way to treat a game nor a modding community after so much PR that relied in hype...

So many broken promises to us fans and a very mediocre remake with very poor optimization and shitloads of bugs.

R.I.P Stainless

I guess it could have been worse...

Others outright ran away with the kickstarter money and never made anything...

So at least Stainless didn't steal the money but this is a pathetic and bitter reason to cheer myself up...

I am so glad that I didn't donate to Kickstarter. I would have been livid now.

Check who’s online