Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I'll be posting all my released mods and WIP on said mods in this tread :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex's Garage

Restyled Checkpoints v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

Changes the look of the checkpoints to resemble the pre-alpha checkpoint style, also goes well with my holographic powerups mod.

What this mod package contains:

• Changes the textures of the checkpoint holograms as well as removing the lights attached to the checkpoints.

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zmod_Restyled_Checkpoints_TSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zmod_Restyled_Checkpoints_TSK.zad

Known Issues

Spoiler:

• The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon yet

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 27/04/2018

- Initial Release

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Powerup Holograms v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

Changes to rotating question marks on random powerups to animated holographic question and exclamation marks. Designed to work best with my CUSTOM POWERUPS MOD but will work fine with the vanilla powerups too.

Big thanks to Errol for helping me figure out the particle system and how to attach the sprite to the powerup models, Trent for pro tips, and CzechDeath for creating the sprite sheet for the question marl, and of course Shane for not suing.

• Animated sprites of a question mark and exclamation mark that will replace the default rotating one, uses the particle system instead of models

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zmod_RandomPowerupHolograms_AlexTSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zmod_RandomPowerupHolograms_AlexTSK.zad

Known Issues

Spoiler:

• The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon yet

• The holograms may float a little too far above the vanilla powerups as they are designed to work best with my custom powerup mod.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 12/04/2018

- Initial Release

New Powerups Mod v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

Brand new, more detailed, scratch made powerup models to spice up the look of your game and add some variety

Models created, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

• New models for the Oil drums

• New models for the Nitrous Bottles

• A new model for the Tyre Stack

• Replacement models for the Oil drums that were labelled "jerry_can", the new models are actually jerry cans(Fun fact, they were jerry cans in the pre-alpha)

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zMod_NewPowerups_AlexTSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zMod_NewPowerups_AlexTSK.zad

Known Issues

Spoiler:

• The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 30/03/2018

- Initial Release

Screenshots

Spoiler:

SDT Suppressor v1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK

A Reimagining of the Suppressor, this one is part of the State Defense Tech lineup

Model created, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Install with Trent's Minge Tool

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The tyres are offset from the rim in the garage, this is due to the car using legacy code for non-scrolling tyres (The Suppressor has actual geometry for the tyre tread rather than just a texture), nothing I can do there sadly. Works fine in-game

- Minge doesn't support the extra wheels that are supposed to show up in the garage so I've left them out for the time being, once again only a garage issue, the extra wheels are set up and work fine in-game

-The siren doesn't work because the vehicle is not set as a cop, however unlike cops, you can select the car as an opponent without any special scripts.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.1 01/28/2018

Fixes:

• Textures re-converted to use PBR flags (Thanks to Trent fixing GibbedTools). Textures finally appear as they were authored.

V1.0 21/04/2017

- Initial Release

Alpha Eagle IV v1.6

DOWNLOAD LINK

The Eagle IV from the early Carmageddon Reincarnation pre-alpha (cut before public release)

Model created by : Stainless Games

Extra UV mapping, tweaking, textures, in-game rigging, by AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The primary and secondary driveshafts don't rotate, this is currently a bug in the game where parts that use post IK snapping to each other refuse to rotate, this happens on the official cars as too.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.6 28/01/2018

Fixes:

• Textures re-converted to use PBR flags (Thanks to Trent fixing GibbedTools). Textures finally appear as they were authored.

V1.5 10/07/2017

- Added:

2 new Rim Styles

- Reduced the size of the hub bolts as well as changed the position of the brake caliper, this should allow the Eagle IV to be compatible with most of the CMD vanilla rims without the hub bolts poking through.

V1.4 29/04/2017

-Fix: Flipped normal maps

V1.3 28/04/2017

- Adjustment: Overall weld strength, wheels will not fall off so easily

- Adjustment: Slight handling/grip adjustment

-Fix: Texture error on the bottom of the front clip has been addressed on all skins

V1.2 27/04/2017

- Added: 5 new skins

- Adjustment: Adjusted emissive map brightness

- Adjustment: Garage names for skins/rims

-Fix: Re-Compressed all textures correctly

V1.1 25/04/2017

- Fix : Reverse body texture had the normal map and spec swapped around causing the reverse side to be very shiny

- Fix : Damage texture normal map dents toned down about 65%

- Fix : The car was classified as the Eagle so it couldn't be selected as an opponent

V1.0 21/04/2017

- Initial Release

Screenshots

Spoiler:

REDTECH Eagle v1.2

DOWNLOAD LINK

Custom, scratch-built Eagle design courtesy of me, AlexTSK

Model, textures, in-game rigging by AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The primary and secondary driveshafts don't rotate, this is currently a bug in the game where parts that use post IK snapping to each other refuse to rotate, this happens on the official cars as too.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.2 31/01/2018

Fixes:

• Fixed a long standing bug with damage textures showing up in the garage

• Fixed windscreen dithering improving in-car cam visibility.

• Fixed impossibly large light beams

• New Strings for the vehicle, skins, description and wheelnames.

• Added a driver image in the garage.

• Removed - Proto wheel set.

• Balancing - Adjusted overall toughness , should be easier to be wasted and split.

Eagle R (Pre-Alpha) v1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK

The Eagle R from the Carmageddon Reincarnation pre-alpha. Pretend like you time traveled with this historical piece!

Model created by : Stainless Games

Texture conversion and release by AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The sideskirt has a strange flicker in action-replay mode

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.1 28/01/2018

Fixes:

The game is a bit restrictive with certain vehicles and cops cant be used as opponents at all so this script will allow just that, thanks to Trent for the code :)

AnyOpponent (Script Mod) v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

V1.0 01/08/2017

- This little script allows you to select any vehicle to be an opponent in freeplay as well as letting you play solo without any opponents.

- Career and MP are locked by this, but I still find it useful for testing purposes since you can load into a level very fast if you don't select any opponents

Installation

- Place into your Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD folder, then rename your scripts.zad folder (I like scripts_original.zad, but feel free to use whatever name you want)

As usual, enjoy and let me know if there is any serious problems.

Work In Progress:

Concept Artwork:

Spoiler:

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Can't wait, your stuff is top notch.

Good thing you took the modding section out of rotting because it looks like nobody is posting around here anymore.
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

MrDeviance wrote:Can't wait, your stuff is top notch.

Good thing you took the modding section out of rotting because it looks like nobody is posting around here anymore.
Sorry.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Alex's Garage

Post by lemonrev »

Loving the detail in the car where the driver sits.

Nice work as always :)
shane
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by shane »

Looking good Bloodstability! Can't wait to check this out in game when it's ready - that dash has some lovely detail in it.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Testing Maxine's pickup in game for artifacts and crushyness :)

Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

FatCat wrote:

Sorry.

Sorry isn't good enough, get back to work. Mr. D. expects moar stuff.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Good work man, looking forward to seeing them when it's all finished. Although I'm slightly jealous that you're able to get stuff setup in-game and I'm not, hehe.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

'80s Time Warp wrote:Good work man, looking forward to seeing them when it's all finished. Although I'm slightly jealous that you're able to get stuff setup in-game and I'm not, hehe.
If it's any consolation, I won't be able to load any of the current levels till I get a new PC so I'm stuck in Errol's test map for a while, at least till I make my own test map xD
Southpark2010
hit n run

Alex's Garage

Post by Southpark2010 »

Damn, these car designs are really cool, especially the Eagle's dashboard. Also looking forward to seeing them finished.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Fr0nt wrote:
FatCat wrote:

Sorry.

Sorry isn't good enough, get back to work. Mr. D. expects moar stuff.

No, really it's ok...
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

This junk runs and drives pretty good! I'm having a look at how the downscaled textures for the engine and chassis are working out, actually doesnt look too bad even without proper materials :D

This will probably be my first release once this pile is all completed, looking forward to banging it up even more! CR needs more pickups :)
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by KakkaHousu »

Bloodstability wrote:CR needs more pickups

And more Maxine!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Bloodstability wrote:
'80s Time Warp wrote:Good work man, looking forward to seeing them when it's all finished. Although I'm slightly jealous that you're able to get stuff setup in-game and I'm not, hehe.

If it's any consolation, I won't be able to load any of the current levels till I get a new PC so I'm stuck in Errol's test map for a while, at least till I make my own test map xD

Ouch! I might be able to help out with a test map, I've got a riverbed/flood control canal/sewer level mockup lying around on my PC somewhere (in the style of the Interstate '82 level Sewer Rats). If you're interested, I'll have to dig it up and send you some pics. Hopefully I will have a new PC within the next few months, and can join in then, hehe.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Nah don't worry, I'll probably make something simple with a few bigger ramps and drops for test purposes :)
flykas
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by flykas »

Wow that pickup is looking goood :] Well, I'd perfer diferent wheels, maybe something more old school, but it's very cool. I hope you'll give it good physics :]
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

flykas wrote:Wow that pickup is looking goood :] Well, I'd perfer diferent wheels, maybe something more old school, but it's very cool. I hope you'll give it good physics :]
It's still using my eagle's wheels :) it's actual rim style is like such :

AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Not much but It's a start!

Privata
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by Privata »

AlexTSK wrote:Not much but It's a start!

I like it ! It looks sleek and deadly
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

Daaayum, it looks so MEAN, i love it! That rear end is perfectly shaped.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Not much but It's a start!
And a good start it is. My field of vintage big-block muscle will soon have some competition hehe :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks guys, busy testing the basics still, the scale isn't quite correct :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Still on jack stands but the body has been filled in and with that out of the way the bulk of the work is now finished! Time to move onto detailing and interior. I'll probably be testing the scale and such in-game before texturing :)

Full Resolution
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

You've put so much work into this Cleaver, and so quickly too! I love the direction that you're going with this model, it looks fabulous Alex, keep up the great work!
shane
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by shane »

That's looking really good AlexTSK! Love the jack stand detail ;)
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks very much guys :)
nobby
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by nobby »

Lovin' this one. Want to see the Sled next... ;)
I was in the war.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

nobby wrote:Lovin' this one. Want to see the Sled next... ;)
Thank you! That's still definitely on the to do list :)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Alex's Garage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Heh nice presentation of your wip :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
starbuck
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by starbuck »

AlexTSK wrote:Still on jack stands
dont want to damage the car body ?? :)

Glad you had them laying around your virtual garage . Good work so far.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Heh nice presentation of your wip :)
Thanks! I eventually want to make UE4 full blown garage scene :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Wondering what monster of an engine that hoist will be lowering into that engine bay :)
starbuck
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by starbuck »

'80s Time Warp wrote:Wondering what monster of an engine that hoist will be lowering into that engine bay :)
I still keep expecting to see a car from CARtoons showing up as a mod. :)

Check who’s online