Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

drive through

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

Hi people,

is there a possible fix for this frozen flying opponents?? you can completely drive through. (above) Also you can drive through trees, road signs, lights, etcetera and other scenery.. which normally was bashing and crashing, breaking. this occur sometimes.

First I thought it had something to do with increasing yon settings, and in the game with opponent repulsificator and pinball mode

Only, it also occurs with freshly install with no yon tweaking and other tweaking

Running windows 10..

it is very annoying. I cannot remember in the windows 98 era that this sort of problems occur..

any suggestions for a fix?
Espyo
road raged psycho

drive through

Post by Espyo »

That's so bizarre... AFAIK, Carmageddon 2 and Windows 10 don't get along well, so that could be why. Does this always happen? It also looks like you're at the start of the game, but already facing off against Mother Trucker. Is this the vanilla game, or did you apply any mods?
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

drive through

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Carmageddon 2 runs really well on Windows 10 (well, in my experience), you just have to keep an eye on the wrappers :) (old winmm.dll...).

It's been a long time since I last encountered that glitch, but I've known about it for the longest time. Especially the Big Dump in the junkyard mission. Nowadays I always use the regular YON (35) so I thought it might be related to it (as it does have a severe impact on the AI beheaviour), but you mention playing the game with the default YON as well so I don't have a clue either...

However you also say that you can drive through level accessories and that doesn't ring a bell to me. AFAIK, if the YON is low enough you can just drive to the other side of the map and the frozen opponent should be properly respawn out of sight. Might be mistaken though.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

I only did some blood patches. and edited amount of opponentd but that could not be the problem

Yes indeed I am in the first level since i reinstalled carma to get away this ugly bug.

It is since a couple of days i got aware of it.

about the yon;

in carma2/data/options.txt they write the yon as 35.000000 (and what about the yon factor in this file)

while at carma2/data/general.txt it is 35.00

what is the best yon setting for both files?

to be short, game runs perfectly fine except that opponent freeze bug sometimes

I run at windows 10 and use nglide for 3dfx .. but as i say even at original installed c2 with no fix the problem occurs
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

drive through

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I've never seen that going-through-accessories bug :| I'm also surprised it happens this often to you.

35.000000 and 35.00 are the same value (35). No need to touch it. Have you tried patching the game as suggested in the other thread?
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

Which patch is the best to use?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

drive through

Post by Toshiba-3 »

SUPERPATCH V3 (aka. GOG Patch): https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/PC/GOGPatchV3.zip

If you untwatted DATA.TWT, this patch will restore it (as it is made for untouched installs).
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

Thank you. It looks as if (hope that is correct english) the problem is gone and solved.. even the tab mapview works a lot faster!

I'll drive some more around to see if all problems are gone finally :)

This far, so good!

Cheers! :)
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

I have played "Nice Beaver" level 1, without problems.

But, in level 2 "Rocky Too" the problem as with mother trucker (see above) do show up again, only this time a bit shorter, now for a few hanging seconds, earlier it could hang minutes..

(it doesn't have to do with e.g mothertrucker as 1 of the opponents, problem is there too when i do not edit amount of opponents)

it annoys me .. since with such flaws the gameplay isn't nice

Does it have to do with the Nglide (v 1.05) in combination with windows 10?
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

as here hangs a part of the buggy..

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

drive through

Post by Toshiba-3 »

The recurrence of that bug on your system is outstanding. I think it might not be related to your C2 install and rather be an influence of your system config or a program running in background..!

To be sure about this, could you simply give the Vanilla C2 pack a quick try? You can download it at this address: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/PC/vanillac2_r1b.zip It just requires a glide wrapper to run, if you already have nGlide installed on your system you should be good to go. If the same symptoms appear, then I'd say the bug is triggered by another process running in the background or something like that.
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

I could give the vanilla c2 a try, but do i loose my blood settings / patches? it gave me much work to get that going.. ;)

And is the vanilla c2 like as original with no already saved games or some like that, without tweaks and beginning at group 1?

Or short: I'd love to play with original settings ;)

cheers.

ps: I cannot believe a fast windows 10 pro machine with a few little processes could be the culprit..

6G ram, quadcore processor..Intel Pentium E5300

CPU clock frequency 2.6 GHz

onl y important thing what runs is kaspersky a.v.. besides that the computer is quite empty.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

drive through

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Ah, the vanilla pack is a standalone and not meant to replace your current installation. You can extract it on your desktop for example and launch the game right away.

There's no savegame and no particular tweaks. It's usually just an easy way to quickly have a clean and modding-friendly install.

BTW don't forget the speed of current processors may (and do!) run old games with faulty beheaviour. Infamous bugs induced by fast processors include desynced ped animations, timer going to fast, player car steering in jerky fashion, ...

Trying to run C2 with the antivirus temporarily completely turned off is a good idea IMO. Just to be sure. Would be nice to find the culprit :)
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

Bug is still here.

* i have checked all my startup options at windows 10, nothing is starting up what can interfere

* i have setup the most maximum performance settings at my nvidia card gt9600, disabled onboard video

* i run dx 12

as in Queen terms, i am going slightly mad ;) (from the album innuendo)

i ll try now vanilla
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

vanillapack seems okay right now.. :)
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

sorry for the bad .. quality

after quite a time .. with vanilla this time :(
CzechDeath
kill boss

drive through

Post by CzechDeath »

YES WE GET IT! You have HP monitor -> you are rich! NOW download some screen cap software already ´=D
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

seems to be a glide bug..?. i have tried so far some emulators..

nglide

zeckandzack

dgvoodoo

only i am playing now with the options... e.g. for dgvoodoo2 vrs 2.54 i don't know what are the best settings, and the program crashes .. if i set it for example to dx11 feature level 10.1 .. and what to do with settings like

progressive scanline order

enumerate refresh rates

at general tab

and the misc ptions at the glide tab

and the tyoe 3dfx card to chose

and direct x settings
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

drive through

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Damn...

Have you tried running C2 in Direct3D mode rather than Glide? You can do that by launching it with the command:

CARMA2_HW.EXE -D3D

Or by selecting Direct 3D from the carma2.exe launcher.
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

i have been playing around with settings. e.g.

dgvoodoo , nvidia

and carma 2's general.txt ... splitting options changed.. from 2.5 to 1000

yon set to 99 (in fact the "real" yon edges stops at 85..) set it higher looks useless..

so far so good..

in overall dgvoodoo keep better results for me than nglide
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

problem solved with:

only the dll of the glide (from dgvoodoo) in the carma 2 folder (so no real nglide program)

i use nvidia settings

standard yon

and for fun, all cars set to 0.125 softness factor (hard tough cars) and all 35 tons.
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

For a while it went well, but the problem reoccur somehow... it drives me very very crazy..

Tried all possible Nvidia settings

and all kinds of Glide Wrappers which are available..

Could windows 10 be the culprit.. or my 'old' core 2 duo processor..

today the game freezes and in the level .. rocky too (2nd level 1st group) i can even race through solid rocks) and gives 0x0000005 error.. i have updated nvidia drivers and checked several times my 8 gig. ram

build all from scratch up again, with in this case to choose not to install the high polygone ped-pack

tested rocky too with now on this moment good results
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

pinball mode is so nice :)
Chimieltje
mechanic

drive through

Post by Chimieltje »

Check who’s online