Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Installed from play store but game wont load (GPD XD / LegacyRom 1.8Ghz / Nexus 5)

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
RpT
driver

Installed from play store but game wont load (GPD XD / LegacyRom 1.8Ghz / Nexus 5)

Post by RpT »

Just got a GPD XD handheld (comes in a rather fetching shade of blood-and-guts red). Love it so far and was hoping to try android carma on it... I can install it from the play store but the game doesn't load past the initial stainless splash screen. The intro vid loads as well as the splash screen of max but then it gets stuck on the stainless splash screen. When i tab out and back in i get the red loading bar which completes but then its back to being stuck on the stainless splash and I can't get past this point (i gave it about 2mins... assuming that was a reasonable time to wait).

It's a bit of a weird setup as have flashed the device with the LegacyRom image so it's spoofing a Nexus 5 (see link below, running the 1.8ghz version)...

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/(rom)-legacyrom-kitkat-for-gpd-xd/

Am i just shit-outta-luck for running the game on this setup or is there something i can try? Pretty much every other game i have thrown at this thing has run without any many problems but not Carmageddon for some reason. I'm more a PC guy than mobile platforms so not really sure what to try.

Device has a RK3288 processor running kitkat 4.4.4 i guess (if that's relevant)....

Cheers,

-R
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

A few people are having this problem, it seems. If you could report this to the Helpdesk along with those specs, it should help speed up the fixing process. Thanks!
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
RpT
driver

Post by RpT »

Will do that now, thanks!
Vykyan
pedestrian

Post by Vykyan »

Found a solution, if you enable Airplane Mode and start the game it works!! Must be something wrong with the ad-server?

(GPD XD here on LegacyROM)
RpT
driver

Post by RpT »

Vykyan wrote:Found a solution, if you enable Airplane Mode and start the game it works!! Must be something wrong with the ad-server?

Fix confirmed. NICE WORK SIR!

Thank you!
Vykyan
pedestrian

Post by Vykyan »

RpT wrote:
Vykyan wrote:Found a solution, if you enable Airplane Mode and start the game it works!! Must be something wrong with the ad-server?

Fix confirmed. NICE WORK SIR!

Thank you!

Thanks mate, super happy to be playing Carmageddon on my XD, tried in Dosbox but it runs at like 5fps on low :(

If anyone from Stainless reads this, I would be happy to pay for an Ad-less version to both give you money you'll miss from people having to play in Airplane mode AND to make it so I don't have to use Airplane mode to play.

Check who’s online