Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Lost save game slots and Game Center

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
TwistedSandwich
mechanic

Post by TwistedSandwich »

Yeah, what was the problem? I'm interesting too...
joe1234
pedestrian

Post by joe1234 »

Hmm. Doesn't appear to be fixed. After updating yesterday, played, exited, loaded again and game was still there. Exited. Loaded again today and no saves exist.
PanterA
pedestrian

Post by PanterA »

Yep, the update has not solved the issue with save games disappearing.

iPhone 4S 64gb here. It's done it twice now since the update. Only way for the save game to show up is doing to stupid work around posted previously.

Quitting the game, reloading it, and hoping it logs in to Game Centre to retrieve the profile.

The reliance on Game Centre is ridiculous. I'm not always in locations where there is Internet service on my phone, which means I cannot play the game until it can pick up the profile from crappy Game Centre.

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All
Captainred
pedestrian

Post by Captainred »

Hello guys,

On my ipad 2 ios 6, I confirm the update to v1.1 did NOT solve the issue: I've lost again my save !

Still I was able to retrieve it after several start/kill of the Carma application (very random...)

The game is great, and I find all the sensations I had 15 years ago on PC... But this save game issue is likely the WORST POSSIBLE BUG EVER - especially since all the rest seems to run pretty well (I'm at level 70)

Courage devs, waiting for the next *working* fix

Captain Red

PS: by the way, PLEASEEEEEEE add the multiplayer game !!!!!
justforthispost
pedestrian

Post by justforthispost »

Since the update 1.1 I lost my savegame 3 times. First I was only at rank 85 or something but last weekend my savegame was gone while I was at rank 35! This is quite annoying...

I am on a iPad 2 with iOS6.
aveks
pedestrian

Post by aveks »

Lost my saves by playing without internet connection (without connection to game center) after getting next progress in the game was thrown out to main screen with dialog window with error from game center, after game save was lost! Played on version by 1.1

So first time I lost all my progress on ver. 1.0, second time on 1.1! Can you devs finaly fix this?
aveks
pedestrian

Post by aveks »

:(
bhbohoh7
pedestrian

Post by bhbohoh7 »

I am profoundly frustrated with the support on this issue. The initially provided work around ( retrieve save while in airplane mode) worked sporadically at best. The "fix" in the most recent and only update had no discernable impact on the save game issue. Throughout, there has been a very unwelcomed arrogance on the part of the developers... as though the work around was simple and universally effective... as though the update solved the problem so thoroughly that only a numbskull would still have this issue. Here's the deal- you released a profoundly broken product. Own it. Fix it. Find "I'm sorry" in your collective vocabulary. I've lost hours of time that I enjoyably invested in the game. I've lost real life money on IAP. I should be your biggest walking advertisement. I am a university professor who wanted to feature Carmegeddon in my "History of Gaming" class. I wanted to buy one of your very creative t-shirts. In short, I wanted to let the world know what an entertaining and significant product you've got here. If this issue isn't resolved soon and if the attitude there doesn't change, I suspect I may go the other direction... posting in forums and letting people know "great game/lousy support." I can still be won back, however. A brief survey of reaction to this game online would suggest others have already decided they've had enough... I want you to succeed... please do better.
walk000
pedestrian

Post by walk000 »

bhbohoh7 wrote:I am profoundly frustrated with the support on this issue.

Have to agree with you here. I don't play the game anymore. I got the game for $0 on the release day but I also supported the developer through kickstarter for the PC/Mac new version so I still feel shafted.

There seems to be a definite lack of acknowledgment that there is a problem with the IOS game.

PS: Am I the only one that is forced to reset his password every time I try to log into this forum?
piratx
pedestrian

Post by piratx »

Anyone found a solution to this annoying bug? I've had to change my device 3 times and started over each time! :(
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

piratx wrote:Anyone found a solution to this annoying bug? I've had to change my device 3 times and started over each time! :(
Hi piratx - have you updated Carmageddon to the latest version (1.2)? Also if you haven't already please submit a support request using the form on the following link: http://www.carmageddon.com/funsize/support/support-request. We can then grab other information such as the device your using and iOS version.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
piratx
pedestrian

Post by piratx »

Thanks a lot shane! Just completed and send the support form!

Also I've made a thread on our greek Apple forums for everyone in my country with the same issue. =)
Miss T
mechanic

Post by Miss T »

Hello piratx, the following FAQ entry may help you:

http://www.carmageddon.com/funsize/support/carmageddon/21571
TwistedSandwich
mechanic

Post by TwistedSandwich »

Greetings, guys!

I have a problem with Save Data. I upgraded from one iPhone to another and... I have no save games!((( Nothing. Same iCloud account, same Game Center account. New iPhone was restored from a 100% copy of old one... and no save data. I love Carma, but I want to have my save data. How can I have it?

Check who’s online