Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Lost save game slots and Game Center

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Carmageddon version 1.1 is now available! This new version addresses an issue where save games appeared to be lost. It can be downloaded via the Updates section in the App Store on your device or via iTunes.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
DutchBastard
pedestrian

Post by DutchBastard »

First time ever that I'm not that annoyed by losing a savegame, because Carmageddon is always fun to start over with. :D
Tigerr
pedestrian

Post by Tigerr »

through the workaround i got my savegae back :)

but as stated by Dutchbastard at first i was like ... "ow well lets start over, dont really care" :D

i have two seperate saves anyway ... one on iphone and one on ipad.

having to start over would has never been so easy ;-)

Carmageddon is like McDonalds ... tadatatataaaa i'm loving it (tm) :D
jeffburg
pedestrian

Post by jeffburg »

Is there a plan to fix this bug? It has happened multiple times to me and the solution is hit and miss. I don't log in and out of game center for other users either. I hardly use game center at all. I just have it signed in.
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

This workaround has not worked for me, yet, and I've lost my saved game twice, now.
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

In fact, I have not yet had it go overnight without losing my save.
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

Rebooted the iPad and my save is back.
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Pro tip guys - don't play so much you run down the battery and it shuts down in the middle of a game. This does somehow delete your save. Tried all the tricks and can't get it back :-/
Krisp
pedestrian

Post by Krisp »

It seems that i permanently lost my savegame, after i tried booting the game from my iPhone today. I normally played it from my iPad only.

I experienced the issue before, but then restarting the app solved the problem. Now i both tried restarting the app, restarting the iPad and iPhone. Nothing works. Really frustrating. Just reached Rank 60 and put a lot of effort into it. :-(
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

This is might have just been a fluke but I lost my saves too. Rebooted game, still gone. Went to Game Center, was already logged in, clicked Carmageddon saw my rank and achievements still there so click through a few. Restarted Carmageddon and saves were back!
Krisp
pedestrian

Post by Krisp »

Just tried this. Didn't work for me. :-(. I hope some miracle happens and my save will be there tomorrow.
joe1234
pedestrian

Post by joe1234 »

Try as I might, this workaround has not worked for me thus far. I've restarted several times before learning about this workaround, and this latest lost game will not restore from Game Center. I have a rock solid wifi connection, and the GC welcome always appears when I start up the app. I hesitate to start yet another game. Very disappointing. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

After losing and recovering saves many times, now, I can say that the solution is to simply force quit the app, start it again, and there is a chance that it will be back. If it is not, try again. Seems about 50/50 in my experience. Airplane mode, rebooting, and Game Center don't seem to have any effect on the rate of success.

Hope this helps.
walk000
pedestrian

Post by walk000 »

Workaround won't work for me. Both iPhone and iPod missing save game. Very annoyed.
King Mustard
pedestrian

Post by King Mustard »

Ditto. I have lost it many times now :(
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Same here, have lost my savegame. Unfortunately I have overwritten my save with a new one, because I wasn't aware I wasn't supposed to. Why... :(
TwistedSandwich
mechanic

Post by TwistedSandwich »

Method fror taht topic has didn't heleped me. I've lost my savedata (but not Game Center progress). Bad bad and sh*tty annoyind frustrating bug. Please fix it! I'm really upset with that. Really upset.

PLEASE FIX ISSUE WITH SAVE DATA.

PS: Great Game! Super Game! But Save Data(((((((
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

After finishing a race with all three win conditions, I got the error "you have been returned to the start of the game because your Game Center status has changed." I checked and was now logged in as guest. After going back to the main menu, it gave me the error again, and now I was logged in as me, and got the achievement. However, the save data is missing and none of the fixes are working.
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

And now Game Center lost my achievement. I even have a screen shot of getting it, with the Game Center status error on the screen.
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

Logged out of Game Center and found that my save is now on the guest profile.
Krisp
pedestrian

Post by Krisp »

I tried this also Uglysquid. No luck. :-(. I'm really starting to fear that my save is gone for good. And i didn't even try to make a new one, since i lost the original one.

My save loss seemed to happen after i booted up the game on my iphone. I played it on ipad until then. But i didn't create a new game save on the ipad, when i saw my original save wasn't there.
Einion
pedestrian

Post by Einion »

Just posting to add my voice to the folks experiencing this issue. I've tried the proposed fixes, restarted my iPad multiple times and tried restoring... no dice. My saves never show up when I restart the game and not once have the OP's instructions worked for me unfortunately. The only evidence that appears to exist that I have played the game is that I have achievements in my Game Center account. Otherwise, nada. Super frustrating, all the moreso because its the kind of bug that actually means you can't play the game if you actually want to make some progress in stages rather than in a single sleepless Mountain Dew fueled session...
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Another suggestion: after you have completely exitted the game, before you start the game again, open up Safari/Chrome/your web browser app of choice and access any website to make sure the WiFi/3G connection is active and then open the game. This may help as the issue is from the game not connecting to GameCenter before looking for the savegame and when the internet connection is asleep it sometimes takes a few seconds to reestablish it.

One thing which could be useful to know is what devices are it doesn't work for using? And what devices are being used for people it does work for? And what versions of iOS? I've got a wifi 32gb iPad2 running iOS6 and the workaround works for me. If there's some correlation between device and/or iOS version it may help Stainless with a solution.
a.k.a. Brent
Krisp
pedestrian

Post by Krisp »

Trent wrote:Another suggestion: after you have completely exitted the game, before you start the game again, open up Safari/Chrome/your web browser app of choice and access any website to make sure the WiFi/3G connection is active and then open the game. This may help as the issue is from the game not connecting to GameCenter before looking for the savegame and when the internet connection is asleep it sometimes takes a few seconds to reestablish it.

One thing which could be useful to know is what devices are it doesn't work for using? And what devices are being used for people it does work for? And what versions of iOS? I've got a wifi 32gb iPad2 running iOS6 and the workaround works for me. If there's some correlation between device and/or iOS version it may help Stainless with a solution.

I always get the Welcome Game Center message at the start of the game, so i'm connected for sure and i never had any connection issues on my iDevices.

I'm using a 16gb iPad 3rd Gen with Wifi.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

The Game Center welcome message appears even if you're not connected, it just means you've logged in on the actual device not that you've connected to the Game Center servers.
a.k.a. Brent
Krisp
pedestrian

Post by Krisp »

Trent wrote:The Game Center welcome message appears even if you're not connected, it just means you've logged in on the actual device not that you've connected to the Game Center servers.
Ok then, but even though i check for internet connection first, it doesn't work. :-(
adidragan
pedestrian

Post by adidragan »

lost all my saves when synched up phone with computer. none of the workarounds worked.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Please read the OP for information regarding our recent update on this.
Adam2012
pedestrian

Post by Adam2012 »

Installed update still no saves, what's the OP?
evilpeacock
pedestrian

Post by evilpeacock »

Updated to 1.1 and I still have no save even though achievements, etc. show up in Game Center still.

For shits and giggles I rebooted my iPad 2 but nothing changed.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

OP=Original Post/Poster.

Maybe your previous saves are lost for good but now you won't lose the upcoming ones anymore?

Thinking out loud.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Adam2012
pedestrian

Post by Adam2012 »

Thanks for clearing that up, So yeah I wonder if its supposed to give our saves back or fix the problem from happening. Need to know then I can start playing again.
TwistedSandwich
mechanic

Post by TwistedSandwich »

I think, update will prevent from future save data loss...
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Yes, this update will prevent the lost save issue for occurring. If you have already lost your save and the previous fixes didn't work you may need to start again.
Uglysquid
pedestrian

Post by Uglysquid »

So what was the problem, in simple terms? Something to do with the sync?

Check who’s online