Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Wishlist thread

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
HansSchmucker
driver

Wishlist thread

Post by HansSchmucker »

OK guys, here are the rules: There are a couple of good suggestions floating around these boards, but they are spread across various threads, so I thought it would be good to have a single post that has them all. I'm not constantly visiting these forums, but I'll do my best to update this first post every couple of days. Note that this is not about bugfixes, but about enhancements, meaning new features. Items will be listed in no particular order and even if we agree that it's not a particular good idea. This thread is meant to collect ideas, not to judge them.

1. Proper driver's cam with car interior

2. Rear view mirror in first person view

3. Rear view mirror in other views

4. Customizable camera distance for third-person view

5. Disable enemy teleporting (or make it user-selectable)

6. Split-screen map/racing view

7. Multiplayer

8. Free camera control in replay

9. Video export (YouTube or just file) for replays

10. Allow looking around while paused

11. Official modding support

12. Windows Phone port

13. Windows port

14. Splat-pack addon

15. Direct forum access/integration

16. Savegame backup/migration/promo-import

EDIT: These features have been confirmed and are therefore no longer part of the wishlist:

1. Joypad/XperiaPlay support
HansSchmucker
driver

Wishlist thread

Post by HansSchmucker »

Updated: Joypad/XperiaPlay support has been confirmed.
MickiMatsu
turbo bastard

Wishlist thread

Post by MickiMatsu »

I wanna support the interior view, but I can see why it's not in... The original game had a few cars that supported it, any additional cars didn't actually have it, and would just use the eagles interior as default..!

That means that the cars that didn't actually have these would require stainless to create the art and such for every other playable car, which might just be a bit too much work for the moment since stainless are putting resources in their new game for now..! I guess it made sense to leave out the existing interior views, instead of keeping it in and leaving the other legitimately unlockable cars (and not through endgame unlock) not have the interior view, simply because majority of them didn't have any to begin with..!

I'd love to see it but I can see this being alot of work, so I can also understand why it probably won't happen..!

Anyway I would love to see the rest, especially Multiplayer :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
HansSchmucker
driver

Wishlist thread

Post by HansSchmucker »

Hehe, I'm trying to do something about that, although I'm not sure how it will work out with the relatively few visits this forum gets. I've added savegame backup and export sine a couple of people seem to have issues with savegame corruption.

MickiMatsu
turbo bastard

Wishlist thread

Post by MickiMatsu »

Oh yeah, not to mention that the people who visit here also need the artistic skill to make that happen, and the ambition to go that far in the first place, but at least you're bringing it up though so maybe more people will vouch for it to happen..! But I'm honestly not expecting much :D Can't be helped though if that's the case...

Backups saves also sounds like a good idea, never know when the phone gets purged for whatever reason, and the savegames along with it, so saving savegame files to the SD card or something would be nice..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
HansSchmucker
driver

Wishlist thread

Post by HansSchmucker »

Yeah... There are usually a couple of capable people around but they're apparently hiding. :) I know I'm not one of them, but I got two days of vacation and drawing is fun, even if the results aren't perfect.

Check who’s online