Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Trent

Zoli
pedestrian

Post by Zoli »

Since Stainless is hungry for sales, why the fuck they don't release the game on GOG? The multiplayer excuse fdrom the kickstarter campaign doesn't hold anymore, see GOG Galaxy. Oh wait - it would mean to give a fuck.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

It would be a great idea if they could somewhat port the classic Carmageddon 1 and 2 to Xbox and Ps4 for a quick buck.

How difficult it would be to use the new engine and use the old content from previous games? After all, the new engine was ported to consoles.

Mind sharing some of your magical tech savyness, Trent???
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

If getting those games onto PS4 and Xbone was easy and profitable they would have done it already.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Oof
RIKUSYO
driver

Post by RIKUSYO »

I still waiting $1000 rewards (´・ω・`)
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Aye still waiting, getting older, almost dying.
Nisei
hit n run

Post by Nisei »

All most of us wanted was the original Carmageddon updated to today's graphics right?

They could've done that in way less time, with way less people, costing way less money.

But noooo, they had to make it BIG! Wasting way too much money and time and this it what happens.
Necro1983
pedestrian

Post by Necro1983 »

So still waiting. Can we only get a statement that we wont get the rewards? At least give me that. I really don´t care anymore about getting anything but an apology that you failed your backers. it is free and for me I will take that above nothing.
TheCandyMan666
pedestrian

Post by TheCandyMan666 »

Already nearly forgot that there is still something missing from the rewards...

Ages ago. Very disappointing.
loopingz
pedestrian

Post by loopingz »

151$ still not enough for physical reward?
Maxmageddon
pedestrian

Post by Maxmageddon »

I make a dangerous bet on this with more than 150 bucks, at least the game was here and everyone got it for free. But still we need some official statement.. I always wanted to have a Carmageddon Tshirt. Or bumper sticker...
zikzak
pedestrian

Post by zikzak »

Same case here. Buy the time they answer I will have move to another place again, and I just noticed you can't update your address in your account.

Like they expected to send anything when they created that...
Licky Webster
driver

Post by Licky Webster »

Hard to believe it's been nearly 4 years since this thread was started.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

THREE NEW POSTS?

Oh....
faust82
pedestrian

Post by faust82 »

I remember it a couple of times a year, and check. Still no reply or feedback :p

First post in thread says they still haven't shipped the $150 rewards, which is where I am.
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

Hi everyone, it's been a while! Randomly remembered that it's been a couple years since I checked on this thread to confirm we still haven't gotten our rewards.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

How can they ship shit to you guys, when they are bankrupt?

Why would they even bother? Their dev studio image doesn't matter to them anymore because they know they are done for good.

Why invest their last remaining retirement money to 3d print plastic toys for you people?

I wouldn't do it.

Coming here and crying on this forum won't get you heard.

You have 2 options.

1.You forget about it and accept you were scammed due to Stainless going bankrupt.

2.You all gather and all sue them.
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

Whoa, wait up, where did that "bankrupt" talk comes from? I can't find any news about it, and Stainless seems to be doing great with Carma Crashers, Magic Duels and so on and so forth.

While I do agree with option number 2, I have no idea how that would come out for me for two points: 1- I live in Brazil, not in UK where they're based and; 2- Kickstarter doesn't guarantee anything, how suing them would accomplish anything beyond spending money on lawyers?

Also, I think there's no one pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to read this thread, is there? So let us mope our lost money in peace, leave us to it, man =)
Zoli
pedestrian

Post by Zoli »

To give you(and everybody) a proper answer: let it rust in piece(pun intended).
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

yuske wrote:Whoa, wait up, where did that "bankrupt" talk comes from? I can't find any news about it, and Stainless seems to be doing great with Carma Crashers, Magic Duels and so on and so forth.

While I do agree with option number 2, I have no idea how that would come out for me for two points: 1- I live in Brazil, not in UK where they're based and; 2- Kickstarter doesn't guarantee anything, how suing them would accomplish anything beyond spending money on lawyers?

Also, I think there's no one pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to read this thread, is there? So let us mope our lost money in peace, leave us to it, man =)

They are bankrupt mate, you are just in denial.

The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief.
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

MrDeviance wrote:They are bankrupt mate, you are just in denial.

The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA ok, hey, nice joke =D unless you've got a link for news or the bankruptcy process - I google and couldn't find anything.

I'd agree if you said that they just moved on and are completely ignoring us, though.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Imune
yuske
pedestrian

Post by yuske »

"The requested page "/comment/90436" could not be found."

I'm wondering, did MrDeviance himself deleted the reply, or a mod did? Anyway, I'm just wondering, if that last comment I received on the email is his thoughts about Carma and Stainless, what is he doing around these forums? O.o
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Yup cant find anything on the internet

https://kotaku.com/backers-livid-as-carmageddon-kickstarter-mentions-tiere-1399549666

First page I found. Took what ? all of 2 seconds ?

EDIT this is called EVIDENCE not FACT

In this forum you cant DELETE your own reply , but you can change it. Only MODS can delete

edit plus all the hate threads all over this forum. Pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Companies only admit failure when its in the best interest to do so.
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

starbuck wrote:Yup cant find anything on the internet

https://kotaku.com/backers-livid-as-carmageddon-kickstarter-mentions-tiere-1399549666

You linked an article from 2013. With some updates added later, yes. But I don't see anything about bankrupcy, or wasn't that the point you were responding to?
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

yuske wrote:"The requested page "/comment/90436" could not be found."

I'm wondering, did MrDeviance himself deleted the reply, or a mod did? Anyway, I'm just wondering, if that last comment I received on the email is his thoughts about Carma and Stainless, what is he doing around these forums? O.o
No need to wonder, because here's what's going on.

As sad and pathetic as it might sound it has reached a point where Shane is kept hired in order to delete everything being said about Stainless that is less than stellar, even when nobody gets insulted in those said posts.

In the missing reply I wrote my views on the way I see Stainless as a company right now and I did an analysis on their recent history and on how they managed to go from awesome devs with great games to this point in time where they are most likely bankrupt and they have failed.

I dared to say why I think they really don't have what it takes to pull out proper games anymore and what I think the core problem is at their studio.

I wrote a very polite critique and I was very direct but Shane couldn't take it so here deleted it.

One of the points that I touched was that after closely following Stainless's work since this forum was put online, I've come to the conclusion that they just never had a chance considering their low budget and the fact that their entire team was made out of young coders and artists that really don't have any nostalgia for the old carmageddon games.

I also said that Stainless doesn't seem to have any grasp on today's gaming landscape and they just thought they could come back and reactivate the Carmageddon franchise and get rich fast just by doing things the way they used to do it 20+ years ago.

And lastly I said that when you have a team of young devs that have no real nostalgia for Carmageddon, that receive outdated advice from old men such as Nobby that used to work at Carma 1 and Carma 2 20+ years ago when shit was so much simpler and now they have no grasp on how to make a modern game that can both work great and look great, you have a recipe for destruction.

I even mentioned in that deleted post that I think Nobby loves the franchise and probably put as much heart into it as he could, but that is not enough for a great respectable game in today's overpopulated gaming landscape.

I said they came arrogant with the Carmageddon franchise and thought they could easily pull off a remake and get rich but instead they got treated to a cold environment devoid of the fanbase they thought they had.

The little of us that were still left after 20 years of no sequels, were treated with a buggy, slow, and uninspired and incomplete remake of Carma 1 in the form Reincarnation and then a Max Damage that they hoped would save their broken image.

When they saw that Max Damage couldn't repair their tarnished image from Reincarnation, they threw their last drop of money they had left and made that Carmageddon Crashes abominations that totally blew in their faces and now they are flat broke.

Apparently by writing this you get censored around here by Shane.

Let's wait and see how negative opinions and critique is not tolerated in these forums because apparently the truth hurts and instead of admitting failure, they much rather shut any rumor of it down.

The clear sign of any collapsing empire only on a much smaller and unimportant, trivial scale in this case...

If Stainless closes up show tomorrow, I bet nobody will even write an article on it...

So it's been 3 times I wrote my personal opinion on this matter and 3 times that it got deleted as if they fear my power of expression or something.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I wouldn't call keeping someone like you around spreading lies and insults for 7 years "censorship". Once again this last wall of text is nothing but complete fantasy. It boggles the mind how you can come up with all this stuff.

Also, if Mr.D has got anyone confused: Stainless is definitively not bankrupt.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

i want...no i need those drugs mrD is taking... that has to be some wacky shit. omfg.
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

Indeed, the toxicity levels are rising here. No need to get snarky or hostile towards each other guys.

That being said, I agree that a lot of wat MrDeviance is saying, is speculation or personal opinion.

The point remains that there is no official news about a bankrupcy, and if there were a bankrupcy, no doubt some source on the internet would write about it sooner or later. Bankrupcies are public affairs after all. You cannot succesfully file a bankrupcy secretly, not even if you are a relatively small company like Stainless. Also: if the plug got pulled on Stainless figuratively, don't you think plugs would also be pulled literally? The servers that host both the game and these forums, are still up and running, so...

Which, in turn, doesn't change that I think the chances are very small that we'll ever recieve any rewards that have not been sent at this point. As shitty as that maybe, we all knew that risk existed when we jumped on board the Kickstarter train for this ride.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

RagingR2 wrote:
starbuck wrote:Yup cant find anything on the internet

You linked an article from 2013. With some updates added later, yes. But I don't see anything about bankrupcy, or wasn't that the point you were responding to?

Even if was from 2013 or 2000 or from 1980 before there was an internet That still SOMETHING. Consider how much time has passed since this game was officially released. If you want specifically a page saying "stainless officially is going bankrupt" in those exact words, you are asking for something TOO specific. Thats like being mad cause they didnt recieve their gifts but at least "asking for some kind of reply" which they DID 10 pages ago or so.

The writings on the wall, if you dont see it. Thats on you. The "deadness" of this forum is answer enough. I only came back here to mostly read serious replies from Trent that actually mean something.

But the last line in your reply I agree with
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Toshiba-3 wrote:I wouldn't call keeping someone like you around spreading lies and insults for 7 years "censorship". Once again this last wall of text is nothing but complete fantasy. It boggles the mind how you can come up with all this stuff.

Also, if Mr.D has got anyone confused: Stainless is definitively not bankrupt.

If a million monkeys takes a million swings with a hammer will one of them hit a nail into a piece of wood ? :D

Or was that monkeys with typewriters hitting a piece of wood something having to do with monkeys.

I am just glad these monkeys released a console game
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

starbuck wrote:
If you want specifically a page saying "stainless officially is going bankrupt" in those exact words, you are asking for something TOO specific.

(...)

The writings on the wall, if you dont see it. Thats on you.

(...)

But the last line in your reply I agree with

I know people throw the phrase 'bankrupt' around very easily, but it's a very specific thing. If a company files for bankrupcy (because that's how it works), then that's a matter of public record, and yes, you will be able to find info about it, or read an article by someone who found the info, sooner or later.

So yes, I was asking if there is specific proof that they are bankrupt. Which as of yet, still doesn't exist, so no, I don't think they are bankrupt.

Which doesn't mean that I "don't see" that their company, and the Carmageddon project, could be in much better shape, and the chance of additional rewards being sent out are becoming quite small.

...like I said in my last post.

...from which you referenced the last line that you agreed with.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Again, they are ok: https://companycheck.co.uk/company/04297229/STAINLESS-GAMES-LIMITED/financials

All the info you need is available online, guys.

Let's get back to never getting our backer rewards :D :D :DDD
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Raging you DO realize that at first I wasnt talking to you, right ? Unless you and yuske are the same person

The butthurt is strong in this one, Seriously why or how would I reply to a post you made a day later ? Where did you accuse Mr D of deleting his post for example ? Try reading the WHOLE post instead of responding to a couple of words in it then you would realize who the post was to.

The forum does not revolve around you. Especially when you never posted to this thread in a while if at all.

Its pretty obvious who I was replying to and FYI the word "bankrupcy" has a T in it.

You talk of toxicity in this thread, you might want to consider if you have a hand in it, cause I wasnt responding to you at first. I would have expected to see this from Fr0nt

Check who’s online