Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[BACKERS] Kickstarter Rewards Shipment

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hey Carmafans!

We are currently in the process of getting the first batch of Kickstarter physical rewards out to Backers. To help you identify what tiers have been sent out this thread will be updated with the latest tier to be shipped. Please keep an eye on this thread for changes.

For digital reward backers our friends over at Humble Bundle have provided reward pages to access your digital rewards and Steam keys as well as any gift keys you're entitled to. If you don't already have access to your Humble page please use the The Humble Key Resender found on the following link and enter your email address you submitted in your survey information for your digital goods to be sent to: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

Physical Reward Tiers sent:

• $45 POSTCARDS FROM THE (NEAR) FUTURE

• $50 CUSTOMIZATRON

• $75 SHIRT HAPPENS

• $100 4-WAY ACTION

• $100 POSTER PAINTER

Next Tier sending out:

• $150 KICK IN THE BOX

• $150 STICKY MESS

• $150 BEEN THERE DONE THAT

• $150 Double Eagle!!

Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
fifteentypesofgoat
pedestrian

Post by fifteentypesofgoat »

I moved house after the 18th of April, and I can't change my address on the backers page. What should I do?
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

When were those post cards sent? According to my overview on the backer site, the post cards should have been sent to me, but I can't see when the status was changed to "green" (fulfilled).

As of today, june 22nd, I haven't received anything.

If these physical goodies are sent from England, I'm guessing it shouldn't take much more than a few days (a week tops) before they arrive on an adress in the Netherlands, right?

EDIT: The same goes for the T-shirt from the $75 tier. Well, with the difference that in my backer overview, that reward is still "white" (not fullfilled), when you guys posted above on june 10th that this reward has been fullfilled (for everyone?). When can I expect the T-shirt to be sent out to me, and how long will that take?

Thanks and greetings.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

They're shipping all items for a given tier at once. You won't receive postcards and then later a tshirt and then later some more stuff.

If you backed for one of the crossed out tiers you should have all your stuff. If you backed for a tier not yet listed then they haven't shipped anything yet.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

Errol wrote:They're shipping all items for a given tier at once. You won't receive postcards and then later a tshirt and then later some more stuff.

If you backed for one of the crossed out tiers you should have all your stuff. If you backed for a tier not yet listed then they haven't shipped anything yet.

That does sound logical, yes.

But even though I have a higher tier that is isn't listed here yet, in my reward overview the postcards are marked as green ("fulfilled"). So a) I don't know when they sent them and when I should expect them and b) apparently they are not sending all of my physical goodies at the same time.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Or c) your reward overview is wrong and they haven't dispatched anything to you yet.

My overview is also incorrectly states the 4 postcards have been fulfilled.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

Errol wrote:
My overview is also incorrectly states the 4 postcards have been fulfilled.
Ah, so at least I'm not the only one.

I have full confidence in the guys at Stainless that this will all be solved sooner or later. Still, it would be nice if Shane or someone else could respond.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hey guys,

Yes, the Backer site does incorrectly display which tiers have been sent - when we tick which rewards have been sent unfortunately it ticks it for all. Please refer to this thread for which reward levels we have sent out.
RagingR2
mechanic

Post by RagingR2 »

shane wrote:Hey guys,

Yes, the Backer site does incorrectly display which tiers have been sent - when we tick which rewards have been sent unfortunately it ticks it for all. Please refer to this thread for which reward levels we have sent out.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I'll just try to relax now and be (im)patiently looking forward to all my goodies. ;)

Just a suggestion, maybe post a reclaimer under the reward overview on the backer site? Or just remove it and replace it with what you just said, with a link to this topic.

Because I'm sure sooner or later this is gonna generate the same question from other people.

Greetings and keep up the good work @ Stainless. I think your no-nonsense approach to both making the game and communicating with fans is really cool; I appreciate your quick reply here.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

RagingR2 wrote:
shane wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I'll just try to relax now and be (im)patiently looking forward to all my goodies. ;)

Just a suggestion, maybe post a reclaimer under the reward overview on the backer site? Or just remove it and replace it with what you just said, with a link to this topic.

Because I'm sure sooner or later this is gonna generate the same question from other people.

Greetings and keep up the good work @ Stainless. I think your no-nonsense approach to both making the game and communicating with fans is really cool; I appreciate your quick reply here.

We'll look at making the Backer site much clearer as to which rewards have been shipped.
shimmy
pedestrian

Post by shimmy »

I didn't get anything till now :(
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Hi folks, I just moved and can´t find the link where I have to change my shipment adress... please let me know where it is! I backed with 350 $, is it normal that I haven´t recieved any gifts so far? Thanks for helping
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

Dark_Pontifex wrote:Hi folks, I just moved and can´t find the link where I have to change my shipment adress... please let me know where it is! I backed with 350 $, is it normal that I haven´t recieved any gifts so far? Thanks for helping
Backer site

Possibly change your address on the Kickstarter page? Quoted from the first post in this thread.

shane wrote:Physical Reward Tiers sent:
  • $45 POSTCARDS FROM THE (NEAR) FUTURE

• $50 CUSTOMIZATRON

• $75 SHIRT HAPPENS

• $100 4-WAY ACTION

Next Tier sending out:

• $100 POSTER PAINTER

Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

wiski wrote:
Backer site

Possibly change your address on the Kickstarter page? Quoted from the first post in this thread.

unfortuantely it says: "Unable to modify this field"
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Dark_Pontifex wrote:
wiski wrote:
Backer site

unfortuantely it says: "Unable to modify this field"

Hey Dark_Pontifex - use the contact link in the menu on the Backer site to submit a message with your new address details and we'll get them updated for you.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Darn... I clicked on no physical goods when I pledged... to save you work =D and now, I see flaws in my thought process =D

Oh well...
Kaos2K
pedestrian

Post by Kaos2K »

Wooohooo! $150 tiers are being sent out!!! Can't wait to get my hands on those lovely miniature cars!!! (And on the rest of cool things of course)
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

ARE BEING sent out or ARE NEXT to be sent out?
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

wiski wrote:ARE BEING sent out or ARE NEXT to be sent out?
Next to be sent out
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

thanks for the update shane but i dont expect mine at 150 before the end of the year when whole game is done.

But thanks for the update :)
tchernobog11
pedestrian

Post by tchernobog11 »

The information used is on the backers site, and not the kickstarter page, right?

Seems that my kickstarter page still had older info, but the backers site has my correct address. Being at the 150$ backer level, I just want to make sure it's sent to the right place :)
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

tchernobog11 wrote:The information used is on the backers site, and not the kickstarter page, right?

Seems that my kickstarter page still had older info, but the backers site has my correct address. Being at the 150$ backer level, I just want to make sure it's sent to the right place :)

Hi tchernobog11 - yes your correct, we will only use the data from our Backers site due to the issue with Backers not being able to update survey information on Kickstarter once submitted.
SteveOB
pedestrian

Post by SteveOB »

I logged into the backers site and my reward tier is $150 KICK IN THE BOX.

But below in the items with will be shipped to me the

reward Game in a box The GAME. On a DVD. In a BOX! - is not green. Meaning it will not be available to me.

Also i have not received a T-shirt. Should i get that as well? because it was a "Pledge $75 more" offer.

There something wrong??

Steve OByrne
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

I believe it was said somewhere in this post that for people with higher level pledges, they are holding all the rewards back until they can send them all out at once, so even though it shows things like the t-shirts have been shipped, they haven't yet been shipped for the people with the $150+ pledges.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

SteveOB wrote:

reward Game in a box The GAME. On a DVD. In a BOX! - is not green. Meaning it will not be available to me.

If it's listed on your rewards page it means you will be getting it. If a reward isn't listed it means it's not available to you. If it's in green it just means it's ready to be shipped, which as Wiski said they're trying to as many rewards out to each individual as they can in one go to save on postage and logistics. Obviously they can't have sorted out the Game In A Box reward yet because that requires the game to be finished.
a.k.a. Brent
SteveOB
pedestrian

Post by SteveOB »

Many thanks for your help. Steve
argan
pedestrian

Post by argan »

So, any news on this? To be frank, I'm not expecting much anymore.
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

Hi all . I don't understand, but if I'm a backer with 500$ I have right to receive all other level? Why i didn't have receive nothing?
wiski
turbo bastard

Post by wiski »

Atarugolan wrote:Hi all . I don't understand, but if I'm a backer with 500$ I have right to receive all other level? Why i didn't have receive nothing?
Read the first post. They aren't sending everything out to the higher level backers until everything is finished, otherwise they would have to ship stuff multiple times, once for the stuff that is ready and has been shipped to lower level backers, and then again when all the rest of the stuff that the lower level backers are not getting is finished and ready to ship.
Atarugolan
pedestrian

Post by Atarugolan »

wiski wrote:
Atarugolan wrote:Hi all . I don't understand, but if I'm a backer with 500$ I have right to receive all other level? Why i didn't have receive nothing?

Read the first post. They aren't sending everything out to the higher level backers until everything is finished, otherwise they would have to ship stuff multiple times, once for the stuff that is ready and has been shipped to lower level backers, and then again when all the rest of the stuff that the lower level backers are not getting is finished and ready to ship.

Ok now Understand... Is necessary wait much time.. :(
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

Those other people won't have the cool splatted granny collectible. I sure hope Sim already painted all 12 of them.
suj999
pedestrian

Post by suj999 »

Hello,

I'm kind of really confused...

I backed this game with 'DRM THIS!' level at KickStarter, should I have access to the game now? Or are we still waiting??

I seem to get random overexcited emails but nothing that's actually useful.

Thanks
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Yes everyone should have had the game months ago, they sent out a number of emails to backers about when it would've available to you back in like march. There is a sticky thread at the top of the general discussion forum about what to do if you haven't received your key yet: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/26417
a.k.a. Brent
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Is this still being updated?

It's been 4 months now since last update and almost half a year since packages started being sent out.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Fireman wrote:Is this still being updated?

It's been 4 months now since last update and almost half a year since packages started being sent out.

Hi Fireman, yes we are still working on the rewards. Since most of the remaining tiers include a boxed copy of Carmageddon: Reincarnation it is most likely they will be sent out once we hit final release. We'll keep you updated on this here and on Kickstarter when we have more info.

Check who’s online