Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

THANK YOU!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
randomdude
pedestrian

THANK YOU!

Post by randomdude »

I just made this account for a shout-out to all the people who made this game possible:

As a kid i remember playing the original with my older brothers and i was shitting bricks when our dad caught us playing this game (he didn't mind in the end).

Max Damage has captured that same nostalgic feeling of total carnage, absurd humor, gross violence and clever nicknames/personalities of all the characters i had back in the day. It's just plain fun. Period.

I'm really impressed how the game turned out to be (physics, humor, sound-effects, A.I.) and i;m having a blast.

So thank you so much guys, best 30 bucks i've ever spent!

Wrecked 'em!! All the rectums!!!

Peace
CzechDeath
kill boss

THANK YOU!

Post by CzechDeath »

flykas
turbo bastard

THANK YOU!

Post by flykas »

Yeah, I agree. i turned it on after not playing maybe for a month I thought, so great that stainless made it happen, nowadays it is rare that you see non-dumbed down sandbox game with good physics. For it like one of those good old games that you can play forever.
argan
pedestrian

THANK YOU!

Post by argan »

You're quite welcome.

Me, and a horde of other backers, haven't gotten anything (except one key) for the 150$ we shelled out for it in the kickstarter, despite numerous promises to the contrary. I will never spend money on anything with the Stainless logo on again.
tonrac
speed freak

THANK YOU!

Post by tonrac »

You are not completly fair... You got a complete game and not the one level and few cars promise by the initial project. And you got 4 keys and not one. At this point only guys that gave money to the port on linux/mac and the free drm version could complain because they can't play the game. The fact that Carmageddon Max Damage don't sell well doesn't help Stainless to complete the send of the rewards. Unfortunatly Carmageddon project is a failure. Btw, i share your frustration because it also mean that we won't see another Carmageddon game on PC.
argan
pedestrian

THANK YOU!

Post by argan »

Except for the boxed version, t-shirt, stickers etc...but that's perfectly fine, I get it. Sometimes things fall through. What really frustrates me is that they just don't say "We fucked up, you won't be getting your rewards guys. Sorry."

Instead there's just a non-response to any inquiries and silence on their part. If they screwed that part up, just admit it so we can stop monitoring this place for news that may or may never come.
CzechDeath
kill boss

THANK YOU!

Post by CzechDeath »

argan wrote:Except for the boxed version, t-shirt, stickers etc...but that's perfectly fine, I get it. Sometimes things fall through. What really frustrates me is that they just don't say "We fucked up, you won't be getting your rewards guys. Sorry."

Instead there's just a non-response to any inquiries and silence on their part. If they screwed that part up, just admit it so we can stop monitoring this place for news that may or may never come.

Well this is not the topic to spill frustration all over. This topic was refreshingly about something other than how stailness fucked up and assumtions about them ripping people off and other speculations. YES speculations.

If you really care that much, there is plenty of ways to get thru to them. Like for example the chatroom where you can regullary speak to the devs, or the email to which they do respond to, or PMs, or you can fly there, visit their office and talk to them personally.

But no... this is more convinient. Showing up here every few montsh, not reading anything and just blow some steam on random topic.

Good job =D!
tonrac
speed freak

THANK YOU!

Post by tonrac »

You are right Czechdeath ... Like other guys, i let the despair gain my heart ... Hope for some better days for the Carma crew And a big thank to Randomdude because i am sure that your post will give some wellness to the dev.
argan
pedestrian

THANK YOU!

Post by argan »

They have long since stopped responding to queries. This is the only avenue for venting frustration.

And now they are into a new project/mobile game without a any kind of update to us original backers on the status of rewards.

Great form, Stainless.
Lockster4000
pedestrian

THANK YOU!

Post by Lockster4000 »

I have to agree, I'm very disappointed. I could accept an apology (or partial refund) but it's just plain rude to not respond to the people who made the project possible in the first place.

Thanks for the OK ish game I guess
Leon
pedestrian

THANK YOU!

Post by Leon »

Carmageddon on Mac OS in the old days had that 'coolness factor' that no other racing game had. Of course I would back a kickstarter that would bring a new version! Think of what it could look like nowadays, with so much better graphics and the ping time of the internet, big monitors, better resolutions, etc.

But that Mac version was never even started and I'd be surprised if anyone after all these years would try to make a case to keep up appearances that it ever will be.

I never backed a Kickstarter since. I could have understood if they had at least tried, but like Lockster4000 says: Keeping backers in the dark for – 5,5 years now is just being an asshole.

Check who’s online