Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Keep it simple, keep it true to the original formula!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Dead-Lee
pedestrian

Post by Dead-Lee »

Over complicating Carmageddon killed the brand IMO... it's time to get back to the basics that made the Carmageddon brand so legendary.

Three ways to win:

1) Complete all checkpoints and laps!

2) Destroy all competitors!

3) Kill all pedestrians, highest pedestrian kill count wins!

Vehicle Upgrades... why mess with the formula for success?!?

Acme damage magnifier

Bodywork trashed

Bouncy bouncy

Brake failure

Drink driving

Free repairs

Greased tires

Grip-o-matic tires

Hot rod

Instant handbrake

Instant repair

Invulnerability

Jelly suspension

Lead foot

Mega-turbo

Rock springs

Solid granite car

Turbo

Turbo nutter bastard nitrous

Underwater ability

Wall climber

That being said, I cannot wait to get behind the wheel and drive myself into oblivion again! Carmageddon time!
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

I agree.

Just make it Carma 2, with updated graffix, and I will be so super happy.

:D
Handsome Devil
pedestrian

Post by Handsome Devil »

Dave3d wrote:I agree.

This. New levels would be also awesome.
Asphalt Snake
driver

Post by Asphalt Snake »

Carma 1 is better :P

TrolololoLOL
Phen
pedestrian

Post by Phen »

Dave3d wrote:I agree.

Carmageddon 2 with updated graphics can be done by a non-profit group. I'd like to see a full blown Carmageddon 4 game release not just an update in graphics as the graphics weren't its selling point for me.

I'd like to see even more realism in vehicle damage, better physics in both cars and environmental objects, wider variety in abilities, better simpler controls, better grander levels with more stunt aspects and better overall game play with more of a story portion of the game (Free play & story mode).

Of course a graphics update is going to happen, its been years since the last game and there have been leaps of graphic improvements and capabilities in 3d engines, this should be expected! But I don't think that is what will make the coming Carmageddon game stand out and on its own 2 feet.
Batallas
pedestrian

Post by Batallas »

All cars from Carma 1 and 2.

Police!! Supressor from 1!

Missions, 15 at least!!

Excuse my english, i'm spanish :(
magmus
hit n run

Post by magmus »

Definitely agree with this. I think we should have all cars from carma 1 and 2 but also some of the amazing custom cars that modders from the community have made.
Bumpy
mechanic

Post by Bumpy »

Asphalt Snake wrote:Carma 1 is better :P

TrolololoLOL
True. Keep it like Carma 1 please.
Cat_Bow
driver

Post by Cat_Bow »

I like carma 1 too but don't you think that if they were doing a remake we would be here having fun fantasizing about the new carma?

I do agree on keeping the key formula 3 ways to win and vehicle uprades as said by Dead-Lee.
derailedition
pedestrian

Post by derailedition »

Phen wrote:Carmageddon 2 with updated graphics can be done by a non-profit group. I'd like to see a full blown Carmageddon 4 game release not just an update in graphics as the graphics weren't its selling point for me.

I'd like to see even more realism in vehicle damage, better physics in both cars and environmental objects, wider variety in abilities, better simpler controls, better grander levels with more stunt aspects and better overall game play with more of a story portion of the game (Free play & story mode).

Of course a graphics update is going to happen, its been years since the last game and there have been leaps of graphic improvements and capabilities in 3d engines, this should be expected! But I don't think that is what will make the coming Carmageddon game stand out and on its own 2 feet.

Nice post. The original post is good as well. I want the new game to be both a completely new game and back to basics like the original post guy said. Of course, back to basics doesn't really mean basic in the case of Carmageddon as there are quite a few areas were it really set itself apart at the time. The incredible vehicle physics, and damage system. The ridiculously huge levels with all those weird secret areas and a crazy amount of pedestrians everywhere. The huge roster of ai cars / character who were mostly all really fun and inventive, not to mention the actual ai of those cars at the time was something really special and very fun to race against/into. The zany powerups. The quite dark mood and feel of the game/art style and world with the really weird over the top crazy humour injected into it. Pulling off the basics of Carmageddon already is a huge undertaking hehe.

Hm, I'm just rambling. But if I can point to one concrete thing from each of the games, I do not want to see the level progression from Carmageddon 2 again, and I do want to see the random cop cars from Carmageddon 1 back. Not as part of the grid start group of cars but as they were in the first game; hidden monsters lurking in the shadows of the levels ready to leap out and plow you in the tailpipe the first chance they get. MERCY!

At least this newly launched site has the right idea and heart. This certainly feels like Carmageddon again. So I'm hopeful the Stainless guys still know what they're doing.
Mintydog
hit n run

Post by Mintydog »

I loved Carma 1 and 2 and am so excited that tis coming back! I really miss this game. Both games were brilliant, I just hope its more of the same and a lot of extra new stuff. New power ups, new cars, much better physics and damage models, new stunt bonuses and I really hope they can re-release both games to work on modern Operating Systems.

The replay cam used in the games are brilliant too, i love how they follow the action when someone is about to be run over, should be able to save them and upload to youtube and what not.

Oh, and I hope the game is as difficult as fisting a velociraptor!
Security
pedestrian

Post by Security »

I am a massive fan of the very first Carmageddon game, I did like the upgraded car destruction in 2 but keeping it simple (not too many strange power ups or very little like in 1) has my preference as a old school Carmageddon player. :)
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Security wrote:keeping it simple (not too many strange power ups..1) has my preference
I posit to you, sir, that are under the influence of some kind of therapy. No more 'strange' power-ups? Are you mad? :) might aswell just drive on the road and not the pavement, stop at the lights, let the old lady cross, mght aswell just leave the computer, get in a car and go shopping. No point playing the game if you're going to avoid the weird and wonderful and all those cathartic things you can't normally do/see.
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

I think some people didnt get what I was saying.

I didnt say 're-make the new game into a carma 2 clone'.

I just want the feel of carma 2, the open world, the destructibility, the powerups, cars, etc, of carma 2 to be in the new carma.

Although, a total remake of carma 1 and carma 2 in HD would be great, this is about the new game.
BattleMetalChris
turbo bastard

Post by BattleMetalChris »

I agree with what has been said so far. The 'feel' of the game should recapture Carmageddon 1 (although I still rwally enjoyed all the others, even TDR2000), but I think that, as with Carma 1, that the physics and the world should be the star of the game. I want my car to crumple and break if I fall off a cliff, or if a bulldozer hits it at 150mph. SCi should take a look at GRiD's damage, I think that's probably the best car damage model out there at the moment.

I also want the world to react properly. If I see a building with a plate glass window, I want to be able to drive through that window. If I see something that *should* break off if a 3 tons of car hits it at 200mph, then it should break off. There's nothing worse than an open-world game where though think 'wouldn't it be cool if...?' and then you find you can't see whether it would be cool as the game won't let you.

As far as car handling goes, I'd like a little realism. It doesn't need to be Live For Speed or iRacing, but having grip levels react appropriately according to the car's situation and the wheels' slip angle would be nice - GTA IV I thought got a nice balance of arcade, play with a pad handling, with the car also reacting well when it lost control.

So, in short - Carmageddon 1's style with 2011 graphics, GRiD's damage model, GTA IV's driving model and Havok physics :)
Espyo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm Let me check when was the last time explosions weren't awesome. Never!
carnifex
pedestrian

Post by carnifex »

when a mate told me about one of the best games ever made being resurrected, i got a nerdgasm.

that being said, i will return to the topic. dark atmosphere from carma 1, defintely NOT that cartoony crap from the other games, crazy tracks, even crazier power-ups, screaming pedestrians, splattered bodies, blood on the windshield, swearing, cool creative stuff like track names from carma 1, customisable cars...if you devs are reading this, then please. for the love of all that is (un)holy, i beg of you: NO MISSIONS!!! those damned things ruined the games for me, i uninstalled carma 2 after 20 minutes of play, never installed it afterwards, and i din't even bother playing TDR2000. to be honest, i doubt i'd bother downloading the game with missions let alone buy it.

so to close this little rant, good luck to the devs, i sincerely hope they don't screw up. let the race begin :))
GFACE
pedestrian

Post by GFACE »

Please, don't do any ragdoll to pedestrians, because it is sux... carma 1 was perfect in many ways, you can easily kill any pedestrians without any speed. And most perfect car physic's was in carma 1 and damage model, because broken part in carma 2 and 3, was so heavy that they can stop you and even broke your car! please go to the first cama and make game in that style without stupid and boring missions, tell the story through the gameplay and maybe dialogs! and make charismatic persons, like max damage and dye anna, with their comments and reaction to the action!))

P.S. sorry for my english i am from Russia and love Carmageddon from my childhood
Betty_Swallocks
pedestrian

Post by Betty_Swallocks »

BattleMetalChris wrote:
So, in short - Carmageddon 1's style with ........ GTA IV's driving model :)
Please God . NO!! GTA4 driving physics? You've got to be kidding.

That had no level of precision in the driving at all. You just pointed the car and hung on for dear life. I want the handling to be exactly the same as the original Carmageddon and C2. Can you imagine trying to do the airfield control tower mission with GTA4 physics. You'd be lucky to hit the tower let alone get the peds on top of it. The driving horribleness was what made me lose interest in GTA4 way before I got halfway through the game.
Peter1989
pedestrian

Post by Peter1989 »

The best way i think is a Carmageddon 1 HD (just like Serious Sam HD) with the original & the splat pack cars & maps. No missions! No zombies!
Owhora
pedestrian

Post by Owhora »

Peter1989 wrote:The best way i think is a Carmageddon 1 HD (just like Serious Sam HD) with the original & the splat pack cars & maps. No missions! No zombies!
This one!!!!
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

In my humble opinion, Reincarnation should not be a remake, nor a new game. I think it should be a remix of both concepts, something like Twister Metal Black, a glorious mixed return of the franchise which was not a remake, but sort of a new beginning (now that I recall, Twisted Metal's Ip went through similar issues like Carmageddon)

For me, the best way to achieve a nice reboot and comeback of the franchise would be doind the following:

- Decide the best selection of cars among the three titles, and bring them back, and update their design so they math with the game's new art direction.

- Carmageddon2 Physics are amazing, even under nowaday's standards. Try to improve it and implement it on the new game, so thr cars may actually loose wheels, or even making the wheels not turn at all due to them being crushed into the bodycar. Further to this, adding "scratches" to the paint, ala Burnout Revenge from Xbox360, I believe this would make Carmageddon Reincarnation the definitive car damage physics ever done.

- Improved graphics, don't make them the best of the best, just add some HD textures to make it look cryspi.

- A thing I would've always loved to see is some good lightning. Since Carmageddon's 2 ads I would have loved to see some nocturnal levels, or levels in which the headlamps would enlight your way.

- Rainy levels perhaps would be interesting.

- Ped count should be similar to Carma1's amounts, higher than 2. Tdr was shit in this point (and everything else hah)

- Ped physics and gore levels: can't tell. That is up to Stainless, I believe they wont disappoint, Carma2 peds weren't ragdoll, but they were very advanced by the timr. I am sure they will deliver.

- Maps, they should be new, made from scratch. They should not be remakes, but visions of the old maps remade to fit the new game. Magnachem, Blood on yhe rooftops, etc...

- bring back the old combat modifiers, and add some crazy new ones: I recall one of them was able to shrink the pedestrians, there could be another one which would actually shrink CARS, it would make them deal half the damage and take twice from hits from the other cars. There could be a meteor storm (was this modifier alrrady in Tdr? Can't remember) make your car turn into a steel gonad o'death (hehee). There are many possibilities.

- Multiplayer: Online options may offer a widr variety of multiplayer modes: car combats, team combat, carball (soccer with cars!). As with the gore and peds physics, I believe this is up to Stainless, i am sure thry can deliver.

That was a hard writting, I hope my broken english wont make you squeal in pain heheheh.

I believe these small additions, and the general feeling that the game is the perfect mix of the previous games would please both the old fans and newcomers equally. What do you think?
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
GFACE
pedestrian

Post by GFACE »

As i think, there must be Carmageddon: Resurrection, and two previous games with him in HD.
Cat_Bow
driver

Post by Cat_Bow »

Carmageddon collectors super ultimate HD battlechest

Check who’s online