Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Video's 'N Screenshots!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Sa1cor
turbo bastard

Post by Sa1cor »

Some more pics again:

Spoiler:

LittlePuppet
mechanic

Post by LittlePuppet »

Bloody brilliant pics Sa1cor :)

Sa1cor
turbo bastard

Post by Sa1cor »

Might be the last video for a while, so put some extra love into this one.

LittlePuppet
mechanic

Post by LittlePuppet »

Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Nice flappy kill puppet :D

CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

HAHAH nice to see the LittlePuppet's kill from Fr0nt's perspective =D

Keep em comming guys! We gonna overshadow the COD frag vids yet!
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Post by STShotgun »

C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Wow the dark city with intensly red sky is atmospheric as fuck !´D

Nice vid I love the fact that u frequently play with all sorts of custom cars!
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

CzechDeath wrote:Wow the dark city with intensly red sky is atmospheric as fuck !´D

Nice vid I love the fact that u frequently play with all sorts of custom cars!

This so much! How did you achieve the dark City A? Tell me or die!

Also, amazing video. I loved the moment you dropped the fart mid air and scored two kills with it, genious!

Also, the ending was dope too :P
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine
hit n run

Post by Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine »

Can you guys do anything without powerups? The overuse of them gets boring after a while. I mostly avoid them in SP, wrecking cars with them is no challenge at all.
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Post by STShotgun »

@Psyrgery and CzechDeath

Thanks guys :)

So with City A, I decided to go back to my red fog mod and give it an overhaul (as well as fixing it up since Update 2 broke it). Also gave it a custom red sky as the lighting clashes pretty badly with the default ones :P

Plus I was able to make the lighting extra dark with the view.Ambient option by setting it at:

view.Ambient = {

}
Sa1cor
turbo bastard

Post by Sa1cor »

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine wrote:Can you guys do anything without powerups? The overuse of them gets boring after a while. I mostly avoid them in SP, wrecking cars with them is no challenge at all.
If you have ever played a match of multiplayer with somebody who knows the game you would know that killing anyone without pups is next to impossible, especially if players actually know what they're doing. You're SP experience doesn't relate to MP at all. There is literally nothing you can take from SP you can adapt to MP apart from general car characteristics (though cars handle in MP differently than in SP as well). Human players think, when you play with them enough you start understanding how they think, they also understand that about and then a whole new level of mind games ensues which can't be directly showed through a video most of the time, especially to somebody who thinks that "overuse of pups gets boring". Apart from a few known issues, there is no such thing as pups making kills too easy in MP.

Also, if using pups skillfully/in an interesting or fun way is boring, driving around and killing an opponent by having a bigger car and pushing him into a wall is suppose to be fun? Because there is no other possible scenario of killing somebody without pups.

On the side note, I tried to dodge the problem before it was too late by bombarding Stainless with direct suggestions and feedback on how to fix MP. My main goal was to make it less of a pupfest, but until/if ever that feedback is taken more seriously, I don't see why players that spend 1000 hours in multiplayer should play in a way that limits their potential and fun.
hit n run

Sa1cor wrote:
Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine wrote:Can you guys do anything without powerups? The overuse of them gets boring after a while. I mostly avoid them in SP, wrecking cars with them is no challenge at all.

If you have ever played a match of multiplayer with somebody who knows the game you would know that killing anyone without pups is next to impossible, especially if players actually know what they're doing. You're SP experience doesn't relate to MP at all. There is literally nothing you can take from SP you can adapt to MP apart from general car characteristics. Human players think, when you play with them enough you start understanding how they think, they also understand that about and then a whole new level of mind games ensues which can't be directly showed through a video most of the time, especially to somebody who thinks that "overuse of pups gets boring". Apart from a few known issues, there is no such thing as pups making kills too easy in MP.

Also, if using pups skillfully/in an interesting or fun way is boring, driving around and killing an opponent by having a bigger car and pushing him into a wall is suppose to be fun? Because there is no other possible scenario of killing somebody without pups.

On the side note, I tried to dodge the problem before it was too late by bombarding Stainless with direct suggestions and feedback on how to fix MP. My main goal was to make it less of a pupfest, but until/if ever that feedback is taken more seriously, I don't see why players that spend 1000 hours in multiplayer should play in a way that limits their potential and fun.

The fun for me should be more the outmaneuvering/outsmarting of opponents/players with clever driving actions and good driving skill. Foreseeing their actions and react to it early enough. It's not about bigger car > smaller car, that's just an assumption from you. You can kill Fatcat with Kutter, if you do it right. And even in MP there must be people with different skills. Impossible is no argument. It's all a matter of skill and experience. I participated once in a MP match a few months ago and it was a car crusher event with only Annihilator. I didn't use a lot of powerups to get 8 or 9 kills, it was doable. But maybe I was just lucky.

I didn't want to come across as an asshole, I was just a bit irritated at this powerup spamfest, which isn't so much Carmageddon to me. Though I can understand there are hilarious situations, where powerups are involved. It just seems like every MP event is like that. If it's really undoable without Pups, that's a shame.
Sa1cor
turbo bastard

Post by Sa1cor »

A lot of things which you mentioned are happening in the videos, maybe sometimes they're harder to see. I didn't mention Annihilator jousting. Yes that is a mode where you can get kills with no pups, but that's pretty much it. (That's why we play it so much) In SP killing Caddy with a Counstslash is possible because caddy doesn't repair, doesn't think like a human player, and generally has different apo than in MP. I am completely sure that without any pups, including acme, Counstslash has never wrecked Caddy in history of CR multiplayer.

I am irritated by it as well. Pretty much everyone is, but that's how it is at the moment. But who knows, CMD is coming and there might be some changes sooner or later.

Peace.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Remember that all caddy car crusher on the stream.....boring as fuck.

But i welcome you to join us, and host a non pup car crusher and prove us wrong. And i apologize for boring you with our dedication to the game.
hit n run

Sa1cor wrote:A lot of things which you mentioned are happening in the videos, maybe sometimes they're harder to see. I didn't mention Annihilator jousting. Yes that is a mode where you can get kills with no pups, but that's pretty much it. (That's why we play it so much) In SP killing Caddy with a Counstslash is possible because caddy doesn't repair, doesn't think like a human player, and generally has different apo than in MP. I am completely sure that without any pups, including acme, Counstslash has never wrecked Caddy in history of CR multiplayer.

I am irritated by it as well. Pretty much everyone is, but that's how it is at the moment. But who knows, CMD is coming and there might be some changes sooner or later.

Peace.

They should get rid of the repair function at least in car crusher events. It's pointless with repair mode. No wonder, no one ever crashed Caddy with Kutter and without Pups, shame. In C1 and especially in C2 I mostly played with smaller cars, so I like a challenge, but this is just a no go.

@Fr0nt

Don't take anything I say too personal, I was just in a bad mood. Apologize for that. I'll take the challenge of MP if C: MD is released (and I played through it first of course!). At the moment I have a ton of mods, edited various files for balancing changes aso.. I can't bother myself to clear all that up to do MP. There's also the chance, my crappy internet connection won't be fast or stable enough to host any games. I'll see in the summer, when I hopefully get a better connection.

So long, have fun with MP!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Nice compilations there Fr0nt & STShotgun! :)

I would agree that for a more 'pure' car wrecking experience, a demolition derby variation of car crusher, with repairs and power ups disabled would be more appropriate, and potentially more entertaining (at least to me it would be). We'll have to just wait and see if the "plenty of options to set the games up the way you want." that C:MD has for MP is more comprehensive that what is already present in C:R.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
ManIkWeet
mechanic

Post by ManIkWeet »

I just made my first ever Carmageddon compilation:

Enjoy!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

UUUh Fresh meat! mmMM and tasty one! =D good vid pal !
LittlePuppet
mechanic

Post by LittlePuppet »

Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

nice stuff again buddy

we need to get back to playing everyday.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

Here are few from me.

Says i got me "Bacon Slicer!" bonus:

Ivan rekt:

Subpry, '72 Moth truck, Blood Riviera & RT Eagle - fav cars, RT Eagle is the beast of sports car, hard as Lumberer but faster (188mph vs Lumberer's 150mph).
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Posted this over in the modding section, but might as well post it here too. Progress on fixing up my C1 level ports:
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

It's not something I've created, and technically pertains to Max Damage rather than Reincarnation, regardless, I'm gonna leave this here.

As always, nice compilations guys :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Another nice compilation there Front.

Note to self: If I ever move onto making levels, I might have to fill one with lots of prop versions of the trucks for you guys to create total anarchy with during MP sessions.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

'80s Time Warp wrote:Another nice compilation there Front.

Note to self: If I ever move onto making levels, I might have to fill one with lots of prop versions of the trucks for you guys to create total anarchy with during MP sessions.

yes, please do that. If you ever do it, also consider creating an invisible box around the map, so when we repulse stuff, they bounce back in the map, instead off flying off the map and be gone forever. Not sure if that would even work.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Another nice compilation there Front.

yes, please do that. If you ever do it, also consider creating an invisible box around the map, so when we repulse stuff, they bounce back in the map, instead off flying off the map and be gone forever. Not sure if that would even work.

Well, the level idea I have in mind would be an underground parking garage at the 'Heavy Industrial Vehicles' plant, so that shouldn't be an issue ;)
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

'80s Time Warp wrote:
Well, the level idea I have in mind would be an underground parking garage at the 'Heavy Industrial Vehicles' plant, so that shouldn't be an issue ;)
Are there references in the real world that would give me a general idea of how an underground parking garage at a "heavy industrial vehicles" plant would look like? Is it just like a regular underground parking garage but with large trucks? :O
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Are there references in the real world that would give me a general idea of how an underground parking garage at a "heavy industrial vehicles" plant would look like? Is it just like a regular underground parking garage but with large trucks? :O
Initially I had no real world reference in mind, it would essentially be an oversized parking garage with the appropriate props. It would be a nice simple level to build and an easy starting point for getting to grips with all of the intricacies setting up a level.

At this point it is just an idea, so it may go no further than this, or I might develop the design once I've cleared all of the vehicles in the build que.
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

Now that I'm finally able to play C:R at home - switched from a ~7 years old, non-DX11 notebook to a new one a few days ago - here's a first load of screenshots I took and estimated are worth sharing. :) More to come, probably even videos - some day... ;)

STShotgun
turbo bastard

Post by STShotgun »

LittlePuppet
mechanic

Post by LittlePuppet »

Check who’s online