Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Oculus Rift support?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
WormSlayer
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by WormSlayer »

According to your forum search, there has not been even a single mention of the Oculus Rift here?

So are there any plans for support in Carmageddon? I was just trying out a basic driving demo on my devkit and it was pretty awesome.
uraganotkirki
mechanic

Oculus Rift support?

Post by uraganotkirki »

This is actually a cool question. The rift is certainly interesting enough. :)
Too-DAMN-Much
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Too-DAMN-Much »

don't know how you managed to miss the threads about stereoscopic and the oculus rift, maybe those were in the backers only forums though, but you're definitely not the only one hoping for it to be supported.
El Senator
hit n run

Oculus Rift support?

Post by El Senator »

I'm getting the Rift no doubt. It looks absolutely amazing imo! And the thought of being able to sit play C:R and being able to look around while driving - well, that would translate to a really interesting experience.

Why? Mostly because driving games are very well suited to the Rift. Using the Rift with fps games is a problem, because your character moves around in-game. And tilt and strafe and so on... In a driving game, the effect of the Rift is much more realistic, being seated in a car seat, driving using controls and looking around for your foes and peds.

I'd love to do that!
butcher1990
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by butcher1990 »

This would be amazing if it did happen.. Just think of the blood splatter and car bits flying everywhere :D drooling just thinking about it!
Cocorickoo
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Cocorickoo »

i will be getting the rift too, and i cant imagine a better rift experience than Carmageddon ! Lifesized pedestrian carnage !
Wheelman56
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Wheelman56 »

I'm really hoping to be able to rock the Oculus Rift + Racing Wheel + Cockpit cam combo. I can only imagine what an amazing experience that would be.
Xan
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Xan »

Now I hope they don't touch Oculus with anything but a 10-feet pole.

Developers should send a strong, public message like Notch did.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Mr.Deviance »

This topic had a valid question when it was created but sadly, the Oculus Rift has died today after facebook tainted it by buying the whole company for 2 billion dollars.

Fuck the oculus rift may it rest in pieces in the same mass grave as the zionists that run facebook.
MrJim
hit n run

Oculus Rift support?

Post by MrJim »

I was really hoping for a Virtual Boy release...This Occultus Rift sounds a little dodgy...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Oculus Rift support?

Post by CzechDeath »

I personally don't see what is imersive firsperson virtual reality headset, good for third person experience... It is going to be trippy =D

I mean, I got my hands on oculus already...I have tested it out, the grid is bad, but that will get improoved in this later version, but it worked best for first person view perspective for me... and not even all of them worked so good... therefore becoming literaly floating head being, fallowing crazy car in carmageddon:R I can't see that bringing any improovement to the experience =) cockipt view sure, but there is not going to be any in CR.

It's like using Novice pistol grip controller to get immersed in mario...
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Mad Max RW »

Mr.Deviance wrote:
Fuck the oculus rift may it rest in pieces in the same mass grave as the zionists that run facebook.
It's nice to see your antisemitism come shining through.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Mad Max RW wrote:
Mr.Deviance wrote:

It's nice to see your antisemitism come shining through.

WTF? I'm not antisemitic, I'm anti zionists.

Don't you know the difference?

If you're a smart person you should.

Why would I hate an entire race, just because of zionist extremists.

You really owned yourself by openly admitting you don't know the difference...

CzechDeath wrote:I personally don't see what is imersive firsperson virtual reality headset, good for third person experience... It is going to be trippy =D

I mean, I got my hands on oculus already...I have tested it out, the grid is bad, but that will get improoved in this later version, but it worked best for first person view perspective for me... and not even all of them worked so good... therefore becoming literaly floating head being, fallowing crazy car in carmageddon:R I can't see that bringing any improovement to the experience =) cockipt view sure, but there is not going to be any in CR.

It's like using Novice pistol grip controller to get immersed in mario...

Yeah I thought about this too.

Why would anybody want to play a third person game with the oculus rift?

Isn't the whole point of using it, to feel like you're there?

I can only imagine it working in a well done very detailed cockpit where you can also see your hands on the steering wheel and maybe play the racing game with an actual steering wheel too, in order to increase the sensation of you being inside that car.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Mad Max RW »

Mr.Deviance wrote:
You're a pathetic stalker that keeps trying to get others here to hate me since some weeks now.
You've done a perfectly good job at that all on your own.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Mad Max RW wrote:
Mr.Deviance wrote:
You're a pathetic stalker that keeps trying to get others here to hate me since some weeks now.

You've done a perfectly good job at that all on your own.

I know exactly which people I've gotten to hate me after some hot contradictory debates I've had with them and I also know that you're trying to get others to hate me too, which is pretty lame.

Keep trying as much as you like if you have nothing better to do with your life...
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Mad Max RW »

Are you sure you don't want to edit a few more paragraphs into your post?
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Mad Max RW wrote:Are you sure you don't want to edit a few more paragraphs into your post?

Are you sure you haven't already reached a point where you can officially be called a troll?
subzero
mechanic

Oculus Rift support?

Post by subzero »

So how bout that Oculus...
FunkyHunk
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by FunkyHunk »

^^ what he said!

I've got my dk2 three weeks ago, and I absouletely love it!

When are we going to see Carma:Re in rift mode??
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

As said on the streams, C:R will not support Oculus Rift. Hope you enjoy the game even without it though.
Kejnel
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Kejnel »

Mad Max RW wrote:Are you sure you don't want to edit a few more paragraphs into your post?
:o))) good one

Have fun, boys!
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Inicus
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Inicus »

It looks like the upcoming Max Damage version of the game is going to have a cockpit cam. Now all that is needed is mouselook while in the cockpit and we might be able to use VorpX to hack in some VR compatibility. That would be amazing.
tonrac
speed freak

Oculus Rift support?

Post by tonrac »

I hope You will have a lot of vomit bag when You will got a pinball powerups https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BtUlV32vpoA
Inicus
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Inicus »

Tonrac wrote:I hope You will have a lot of vomit bag when You will got a pinball powerups https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BtUlV32vpoA
Hehehe... Totally worth it.

Seriously though, the bit I'm looking forward to is ploughing into a crowd of pedestrians and seeing them bounce over the windshield from inside the car. Imagine being surrounded in 360 blood, limbs and screams. So satisfying.
KaptainUfolog
mechanic

Oculus Rift support?

Post by KaptainUfolog »

Oculus Rift support is absolutely insane and bad idea according to latest events. Most of Oculus Rift supporting titles will not achieve good sales due to Oculus policy. Its better to support OSVR software platform (its multiplatform API - Windows, GNU/Linux, Android, OS X) with support of a lots of different HMDs and VR controllers including eye tracking technology. Another good option is OpenVR. This platform initially supports HTC Vive virtual reality kit and this is a standard interface for Steam. There is also opportunity to earn money for OSVR support: http://www.osvr.org/blog/?p=183
CzechDeath
kill boss

Oculus Rift support?

Post by CzechDeath »

Why? What for?
hazardic
motorised death

Oculus Rift support?

Post by hazardic »

oculus is made in haven for action like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_JzoRDo_E

but not for 3d person static experience you will vomit all your breakfast lol
Inicus
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by Inicus »

Looks like other people had a similar idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0F1Y-F5wsU
meatball
pedestrian

Oculus Rift support?

Post by meatball »

So what about some VR support? I would love a Carmageddon game in VR! Sooner or later it has to be done.

I just posted this yesterday in another tread:

Hello! I backed this game a long time ago but then VR happened and I got sucked in. I totally forgot about this game. Then suddenly Carmageddon popped in to my head and the only thing I could think about was how glorious this type of game would be in VR! It doesn't even have to be in first person as a 3rd person perspective would do as well. Though switching between 1st and 3rd would be the best I think.

So now I'm just curious if the developers or anyone in the community know if there's plans for a Carmageddon in VR? Seeing the second generation of VR is coming up in about 1-2 years I think that would be enough time to maybe launch an early access or something designing with the new VR tech and controller input coming out. Devs might get themselves some knuckle controllers from Valve or some Touch from Oculus if they ask nicely.

I'll probably never return to playing on a flat screen now that I'm thoroughly infected with the VR bug and I see more and more people getting in to it as well. Devs ought to start thinking about bringing Carmageddon to the next generation of VR!

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/31756

Check who’s online