Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

I want 3D print all carma cars of C:R & C:MD

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
luckbiturbo@yahoo.it
pedestrian

Post by luckbiturbo@yahoo.it »

Hi all guys, with my new 3D printer I want try to print all cars of my prefer game C:R & C:MD.

Someone can help me to have all .STL files of all cars?

Thank you every one!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

You can either use Flummery to convert the cars to FBX and import into your 3D package, or if you use 3D Studio Max you can import the cars using my MaxScripts, however you will need to do some MAJOR work on them to get them ready to be 3D printed. You'll probably need to remove all the internals of the cars, merge all the body parts into a single mesh, simplify that body mesh, simplify the wheels, turn it all into solid shells and so on. I'm not sure whether it's easier to strip down and fix the in-game models or to just use them as templates to make new meshes suitable for 3D printing from scratch, probably worth doing some experiments!

Good luck, I hope it goes well! Post pictures when you've got them printed!
a.k.a. Brent
luckbiturbo@yahoo.it
pedestrian

Post by luckbiturbo@yahoo.it »

Thank you SUPER Trent!, can you please link some place where download it?

I don't want remove the internals part, but probably I will work to make the wheels and the doors fully working B)
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

My maxscript tools are available here: http://carmatools.com/downloads/tools/ReincarnationTools.rar

Flummery is available here: http://flummery.co.uk/

The internals are no doubt far too small, detailed and numerous to work well, I'd imagine even high end industrial printers would have difficulty doing anything useful with them. The cars have fully modelled driveshafts, suspension springs, steering columns, etc. and they're all hidden in the body work so you wouldn't ever be able to see them anyway. Like I said, you will need to do some major work to get the game's meshes ready for 3D printing.
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online