Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Does this game uses VAC?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Beregond
pedestrian

Does this game uses VAC?

Post by Beregond »

I have the Steam version of Carmageddon: Max Damage and would like to try and modify some things and play around with the data with the help of third party tools. Is this safe to use or does this game has VAC enabled?

Thanks in adavance!
Trent
mindless

Does this game uses VAC?

Post by Trent »

The game doesnt use VAC, you can modify every piece of content in the game without worry. The game does however have it's one little bit of protection in that it stops saving and locks multiplayer if you modify the content in the ZAD folder.

The game does have a special mode called carmodgeddon for using car and level mods properly.

There is a modding section of this forum which has lots of information scattered around and quite a lot of mods from a few of us. Errol and I have made a fairly complete toolset for modding the game between us. If you have specific questions about modding the game then just make a thread in the mod section and ask.
a.k.a. Brent
Beregond
pedestrian

Does this game uses VAC?

Post by Beregond »

Damn. Thank you for the fast reply! I am going to look into it.
Trent
mindless

Does this game uses VAC?

Post by Trent »

Could i ask what exactly you're trying to do? We probably know how like 90% of the game works between us so it might save you some research time figuring out stuff we might have already figured out :)
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Does this game uses VAC?

Post by starbuck »

I know they are minor tools but do you guys know yet when they are coming ?

Check who’s online