Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

NEWS: Carmageddon: Max Damage out NOW on GOG!

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

I think this type of deal could have been settled between Stainless and Gog when they negotiated how many copies they sell and to whom.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

if you need money to buy it...please just ask. this is getting silly dude.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Fr0nt wrote:if you need money to buy it...please just ask. this is getting silly dude.

I have enough money to buy it and to certainly buy you too for that matter, but this is about principle here not about my money.. "dude"

I am all about principle.

Obviously there is no reason for me to buy it again considering that I own it on steam and also considering that when the line is drawn, being drm free It could be obtained freely if I so desired, without needing even as much as a crack for it to work.

There is no reason for me to get another copy but I would much rather see this double buy of the same product practice dead because it stinks of money for nothing type of business.

Also, it seems that nobody here or anywhere for that matter, knows what was updated in this gog version.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

MrDeviance wrote:Is it unreasonable to ask why would the gog version not also be free for those that already bought max damage on steam?

Why must I pay for the game a second time, if I already have proof of owning it on steam already?

Being DRM Free means it's easily obtainable from torrent trackers, so why must I grab it from torrents just to get drm free, when I already own Max Damage on steam?

There should be a gog page where I log in with my steam account and connect the two of them and then just have the gog site identify my copy of max damage on steam and spit out a free download of max damage for me...

Is that purposely not happening or it just can't be done?

Also, what's the deal with the Updated DRM free version? What's changed from the steam version?

I saw some posts made some months ago in this topic, about an update log but nobody bothered to post it.

Is the DRM free version in any way shapre or form, superior to the steam version or is the lack of steam the only benefit to this version?

What you're talking about here is GOG Connect. Occasionally GOG say "Hey, if you own a game on Steam, we'll let you have it on GOG." I think the game is at publisher discretion and there is nothing to say Stainless won't offer the facility at some point.

Some further reading on GOG Connect: https://www.gog.com/connect

A twitter account announcing connectable games: https://twitter.com/gogconnectalert

As you can see from the twitter account this facility is fairly uncommon (out of my 2,500 steam games I've only been able to connect about 30 with GOG) but there is nothing to say it won't happen in the future.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

MrDeviance wrote:
Obviously there is no reason for me to buy it again
We all know you are just here to bitch about anything. But by now it's just sad.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Fr0nt wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

We all know you are just here to bitch about anything.

In which case I'd strongly advice you (MrDeviance) to keep bitchin' about Kickstarter rewards, so I won't have to.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

As the changelog never appeared I'll post what I know:

It was primarily a Steam without Steam build, but uses the GOG Galaxy equivalent services where available.

A few fixes slipped in

- Dual Shock 4 mapping

- removal of broken/unfinished steering wheel support

- addition of a map for Driving Force GT steering support (rough, non-configurable, and a bit pants without FFB but brake and accelerate work!).

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Fireman wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

In which case I'd strongly advice you (MrDeviance) to keep bitchin' about Kickstarter rewards, so I won't have to.

but he didnt back the game, unless he became your official spokesperson, i would support him bitching about that. ;)
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Fr0nt wrote:
Fireman wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

but he didnt back the game, unless he became your official spokesperson, i would support him bitching about that. ;)

I don't bitch, I bitch slap! Obviously I have nothing to lose if the kickstarter rewards are never given away.

However, as I wrote in my previous post I am all about principle and I point out bullshit when I see it clearly going on.

So neither Fireman nor anybody else should expect me to become the union leader for kickstarter backers that didn't receive their kiddie plastic toys, because I obviously don't care about these rewards and If I will ever be naive enough to risk backing anything on kickstarter, I will sure as hell not base my backing decision on such trivial shit like free plastic figurines next to my game or not...

Surely, If I would ever decide to throw my money away blindly into the pockets of total foreign strangers that promise to develop more of my favorite franchise, I would not base such a decision on childish things such as plastic figures and posters, keychains and other such useless merchandise and neither should anybody else that is old enough to have played this franchise when it first came out.

Considering how old carmageddon is, it's easy to assume that all of it's original fans are full on adults some of them married with kids or even grandkids...
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

MrDeviance wrote: I am all about principle
yes, except when you pirated the game.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Fr0nt wrote:
MrDeviance wrote: I am all about principle

yes, except when you pirated the game.

Nope. I did it out of principle back then too. I also prevented the game from being shared on my forum for a while out of principle.

And I would have never bought the game if it wouldn't have been for a friend that got a spare key for max damage and gifted it to me, precisely out of principle.

If I decide I want to support somebody, I will do it over everybody's corpse and it's also available in reverse.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

I think this thread is going massively off-topic. Stop.

Check who’s online