Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

NEWS: Carmageddon: Max Damage out NOW on GOG!

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Carmageddon: Max Damage is out NOW on GOG! Get PC DRM-free granny splattering for only £12.99/$16.99!

GOG believes that players should OWN the games they buy, and have freedom of choice to play whether online or offline, and we're happy to support that ethos with this new updated version of Carmageddon: Max Damage.

Read the rest of this article here and comment below:
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

Happy to see some Carmageddon news

Does the Gog version of Max Damage support multiplayer?

If yes, i assume that player of the gog version couldn't play with the player of the steam version, am i right?

Does this version fix some of the bugs present in the final steam version ?

Thanks
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

DRM free aww ye.

Perhaps we can start fiddling with the EXE of the gog version without steam losing its shit :)
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

Really great news! Congrats for the release... heading to the gog page right now.

EDIT: Wait a sec. What do you mean by "this new updated Max Damage version? :O
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

So those of us waiting for the DRM free version get some kind of GOG passcode to get this with no charge ?

Or even some kind of discount ?
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

twisted wrote:Really great news! Congrats for the release... heading to the gog page right now.

EDIT: Wait a sec. What do you mean by "this new updated Max Damage version? :O

Hell its worth 8.49

https://www.gog.com/game/carmageddon_max_damage

EDIT Change that. Now its only 4.24 !
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

So glad you guys released MD and TDR 2000! I will finally stop bugging you about it now!

Cheers my lads @ SCI (lol jk)

<3 STAINLESS
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

@starbuck : CMD gog edition is free for kickstarter contributor ... It must be the same for paypal contributor.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

You can redeem your free copy from the humble bundle page you redeemed your steam version from.
a.k.a. Brent
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Backers got an email off the kickstarter update with proper instructions to get it for free.

im pretty sure "updated" in this case just means, drm removed.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Fr0nt wrote:Backers got an email off the kickstarter update with proper instructions to get it for free.

Nope, there are at least a couple of other changes. A changelog should be made available later
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Fr0nt wrote:Backers got an email off the kickstarter update with proper instructions to get it for free.
Paypal backers don't get the kickstarter update emails ;)
a.k.a. Brent
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Errol wrote:

Nope, there are at least a couple of other changes. A changelog should be made available later

thats pretty big news... that should have been in the openingspost... will steam get the same update?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Fr0nt wrote:
Errol wrote:

thats pretty big news... that should have been in the openingspost... will steam get the same update?

It is only big news if the changes are big changes, no? Hopefully shane can supply a changelog in a bit and then everyone can be disappointed that their own personal bugbear hasn't been fixed.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
Caban
pedestrian

Post by Caban »

Wow, I've been waiting for it so many years. I'd love to play newest Carmageddon without Steam and internet connection. As a Paypal donator I had to find old email from Humble Bundle dated at march 2014, requested key once more and now I have it on GOG too, thanks!
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Errol wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:
Errol wrote:

It is only big news if the changes are big changes, no? Hopefully shane can supply a changelog in a bit and then everyone can be disappointed that their own personal bugbear hasn't been fixed.

yeah i got a bit excited, and then reality hit me.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Fr0nt wrote:yeah i got a bit excited, and then reality hit me.
Sorry, I'm having a bit of a shit day and was unnecessarily dickish. There could very well be cause for excitement.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Errol wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:yeah i got a bit excited, and then reality hit me.

Sorry, I'm having a bit of a shit day and was unnecessarily dickish. There could very well be cause for excitement.

it's ok. good thing the week is over. But yeah, it could be big news, but its probably tricky, announcing minor bugfixes might upset people, thinking its not enough. And tbh its probably too late anyway.

ah well, it was nice to be excited again even for a very shot time :)
Gunsmith
driver

Post by Gunsmith »

if they do update the steam version I just hope one of the fixes is the buzzing turbo audio bug on city B.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Trent wrote:You can redeem your free copy from the humble bundle page you redeemed your steam version from.
That "page" is probably so old that I decided to spend 5 bucks to get it over and done with. PS I dont recall any "humble bundle"

But thanks.

EDIT. I ggogled it an found it. My email was still working with the registration
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

AlexTSK wrote:DRM free aww ye.

Perhaps we can start fiddling with the EXE of the gog version without steam losing its shit :)

I am going to read thru that "wheels " thread I posted in to test it. But its been so long since I played it anywhere. I cant even remember how to use MAX to load the plugins its been so long :)
Piita
pedestrian

Post by Piita »

Excellent news! Thank you, Stainless!

I am a paypal backer and I haven't received any mail yet but I was able to get the key from humble bundle even though I do not have an account there.

Paypal backers: Go there: https://www.humblebundle.com/resender and enter your email and then you can get the link to the drm-free GOG version.

Feels good to see Max Damage in my GOG account :)

Thanks again, everybody!
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

so has somebody find that changelog yet? or did they forget to log fixes :p ?
Ray Murderiz
driver

Post by Ray Murderiz »

i got the email because i am a kickstarter backer but the key resender is only sending the carmageddon reincarnation key page and not

the carmageddon max damage gog version key page.

what should i do?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Ray Murderiz wrote:i got the email because i am a kickstarter backer but the key resender is only sending the carmageddon reincarnation key page and not

the carmageddon max damage gog version key page.

what should i do?

Both keys should be on the same page?
Ray Murderiz
driver

Post by Ray Murderiz »

when i click the link for the carmageddon reincaration it says that the page is claim and that i log in. but i dont use humble bundle to get games so i forgot

the password. i am going to reset the pass and see if i can get to my humble library..

edit: i reseted the password and entered my humble library. and in the keys section i found the carmageddon max damage key for gog.

werid that the key resender didint give me the other key. thanks for the game stainless.
Monkey poo sandwich
hit n run

Post by Monkey poo sandwich »

I tried to log into my humble bundle account but it says we have detected you are accessing from a new computer and have sent a code or something similar he only problem is the email address I sighned up with no longer exists and I cant change the Email without the code they sent to my old email address which no longer exists
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Then you need to contact Humble customer support to recover your account.
a.k.a. Brent
Gary
pedestrian

Post by Gary »

Hmmm, good news for some, that's good ... buy what's going on with the Mac version, can we expect it by Easter?
Zoli
pedestrian

Post by Zoli »

Gary wrote:Hmmm, good news for some, that's good ... buy what's going on with the Mac version, can we expect it by Easter?

You has to go more specific: "Which Easter?"

/disappointment
CrapShoot
mechanic

Post by CrapShoot »

Woah, pretty unexpected.

Could we also be getting (paid) dlc?

I would love to play some new maps.

Would also love to finally play it on the penguin.
KevinKC
hit n run

Post by KevinKC »

Yeah, I really don't expect any DLCs to ever happen, but It'd be great.
ZNGRU
hit n run

Post by ZNGRU »

Please tell - why in GOG-shop there is no Russian version of Max Damage?

I bought a CR in April-May 2014 and would like to have a backup of the MD is not on Steam.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Is it unreasonable to ask why would the gog version not also be free for those that already bought max damage on steam?

Why must I pay for the game a second time, if I already have proof of owning it on steam already?

Being DRM Free means it's easily obtainable from torrent trackers, so why must I grab it from torrents just to get drm free, when I already own Max Damage on steam?

There should be a gog page where I log in with my steam account and connect the two of them and then just have the gog site identify my copy of max damage on steam and spit out a free download of max damage for me...

Is that purposely not happening or it just can't be done?

Also, what's the deal with the Updated DRM free version? What's changed from the steam version?

I saw some posts made some months ago in this topic, about an update log but nobody bothered to post it.

Is the DRM free version in any way shapre or form, superior to the steam version or is the lack of steam the only benefit to this version?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

You're thinking of GOG Connect https://www.gog.com/connect but I don't think CMD is part of the available game list.

Expecting a company to deliver for free something you bought in another company doesn't make sense indeed. The idea behind GOG Connect is to motivate people to start building a little game library on their platform with selected titles. As GOG's business is partly based on the DRM free delivery, I guess it is not in their best interest to give any title from their catalog for free if the customer got it elsewhere. Imagine doing that in real life :)

So yeah, only KS backers could get it for free via GOG. There's no benefit to this version beside the DRM free aspect. The log only relates to GOG installer and Galaxy stuff IIRC.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online