Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Where are our $150+ backer rewards ?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

keep the fire burning

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

RoRo wrote:Don't worry guys. They just went out to buy a pack of cigarettes.

They'll be back.

Just like my dad said he'd come back.

Eventually.

Lother?
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Dave3d wrote:Ah, almost another year of stainless still lying to its backers gone.

I said it a few times, I will say it again:

Just APOLOGIZE stainless, and get it over with!

Your rep is already ruined.

Just do us the courtesy of saying it.

Admiiting to the fact will lose them even more customers. It will add to the fact they are already ruined, and even now can destroy them if they try to make a comeback.

Deja Vue anyone I mentioned this years ago and got flamed for it.

Its best for them to leave in the "hypothetical" state.

In corporate talk admitting failure loses money.

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/20/224296660/why-companies-and-ceos-rarely-admit-to-wrongdoing

"My cynical answer is, the lawyers won't let them."
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

I must say, I enjoy reading this topic. Every time somebody cries here I feel satisfaction for every time I posted that Stainless fucked up and are going down in a few years, just to be called names and a negative nancy. Fuck all of those that said it because I was right again!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

MrDeviance wrote:I must say, I enjoy reading this topic. Every time somebody cries here I feel satisfaction for every time I posted that Stainless fucked up and are going down in a few years, just to be called names and a negative nancy. Fuck all of those that said it because I was right again!
yep, looks like they are going down. Damn i hate to say this...but i think..you're actually ri....wait a minute.

they have a contract with tvr to design some hud stuff. mmm sweet les edgar moniez! They are looking to hire new people... . nevermind.

the only thing they fucked up is the rewards, and you're probably gonna dig up some old long ass post nobody ever read, saying something about it, but nobody cares.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

I don't think it's narcissistic to want to have your $150+ investment fulfilled.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Helomyname wrote:I don't think it's narcissistic to want to have your $150+ investment fulfilled.

That's not what he was calling narcissistic ;)
a.k.a. Brent
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Man o man. I can't recall when was the last time I ever saw a popular game forum die so fast and so decisively as this one did.

EVEN I <=== the biggest narcissist of all time that prides himself as being the first one on this forum that called it out years before this death and fail came, couldn't have imagined this level of stupid nonconstructive silence from the higher ups of this dev studio....

Even I had managed to bottle up a drop of naivety and actually expect them to at least lie or admit they fucked up.

However this level of cemetery inside a library type of silence even has me facepalming.

Don't they realize that shit has has reached a point since some months ago, where their silence is doing more harm than good?

I could have understood their silence policy so they don't fuel the fire but that can only work for a while.

After it goes past one point, this silence becomes cancerous and makes it very justifiable to gratuitously accuse them of anything that would otherwise seem far fetched.

At this point, I can freely claim that Stainless has ran off with the money and left everybody with a shitty subpar game and no rewards.

Or, can accuse them that for ex their CEO Nobby Branden, is hiding under his bed and hoping that nobody sues him...

Can we really even disprove my claims? Even if they are real or not, my claims don't seem to be farfetched when no official cares to clean their image at this point, everything you say about them can be considered legit.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

You, sar have a hearth of a poet!

...Oh wait this forum is dead, I forgot.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

MrDeviance, you have some really good points there. But you have said your peace.

Mine is more like after carma crashes came out for the mobile the game hasnt made any money or made very little because of the over populated rubbish of the iphone market.

I know one of the devs went out to elite dangerous the game to help develop that, I also think that if they still have the studio up which i doubt everyone has been moved on to other jobs and i think at this point if stainless is helping any other developer get a game out its a welcomed thing but i think if anything there's very few dev's left.

So my thinking is that until they get this print mag done and the boxes made and shipped to someones house ie most likely nobbies once that has been done things will start to happen again. But As we are being told nothing at all its hard to judge what is actually going on.

I think its a sad thing though, Seeing the devs of such a great game make something and then have to waste their resources on a crappy mobile game because $ is a sad day in deed for any studio,

I believe right now that the way the game was made and how they had to give away copies to people even those on paypal after the fact, killed there profit of any game $'s and made people happy.

I get pissed every-time i see this thread get lit up because some ass is here making more and more words that can only be said as foul and make this place polluted, That being said I think we just need to sit back and wait, At this point i have forgotten my rewards, and moved on. I just wish other people would do as well.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

In a game franchise where the CEO of the studio prides himself with this game so much that he actually records his own voice as the announcer inside the game and also plasters his face over a character inside the game, I would at least expect him not to run off like that.

Nobby Branden has identified his personal image with this game franchise in both voice and in the actual Kickstarter videos.

Going from shit like getting under a car covered in fake blood, to live twitchs streams and then to his voice all over the game and finally ending up in total radio silence after the games flopped, might have seemed like a natural business decision at first but right now it has reached a point where it just looks like pure unadulterated cowardness to me...

And people ask me why I didn't ever trust to fund games on Kickstarter...

Now I only feel bad nostalgia wise but at least my wallet wasn't raped.

Also, I don't want to be one for accusations but this forum didn't just die, it Fucking DIED! And with it, I think it also brought down the whole carmageddon community that was at least still partially alive before Reincarnation was announced.

What this game has effectively done is more bad to the series than good.

Before we had it, we at least had hopes for a day when carmageddon would return and we still had old carma 1 and 2 fans that did some mods once in a while.

After this mess of a game came out and flopped twice on pc and once on consoles, the whole community that had coagulated on this forum, just felt meh and was done with the whole thing.

Let it be known that Carmageddon Reincarnation didn't just fail at reinvigorating the franchise, it actually managed to kill it off entirely...

Not even Duke Nukem Forever manage to kill off the Duke Nukem fanbase entirely, even though it came close, there are still fans of the Duke Nukem games on duke4.net after all these years.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

MrD : and to think nobby is the one who took your defence several times over the years when you were discussed for ban/shadowban..!

From what you say, the only thing we can accuse nobby is being overly enthusiastic about getting his baby back. There are way worse things in life IMO, don't you agree?

About the modding community dying: I had the same thought, however now I'd rather say that the 6 years span since this new forum opened was also the jump to a busier lifestyle for the younger and last modders of the old games. We simply have much less free time :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Mr. D. just give up, nobody cares about what you think. Just move on. stop lifting yourself up like the ultimate carma prophecy, it aint happening.

What if nobby didnt do the voice, oh shiitt. i can predict all the threads from you how can nobby not lend his voice to the new carma!! boohoo

eat a bag of dicks
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Toshiba-3 wrote:MrD : and to think nobby is the one who took your defence several times over the years when you were discussed for ban/shadowban..!

From what you say, the only thing we can accuse nobby is being overly enthusiastic about getting his baby back. There are way worse things in life IMO, don't you agree?

About the modding community dying: I had the same thought, however now I'd rather say that the 6 years span since this new forum opened was also the jump to a busier lifestyle for the younger and last modders of the old games. We simply have much less free time :)

Yeah he did and I know he did. Me and Nobby had some one to one chats via PM for a while because I had a clear vision on the design side of things and he liked my vision back when Reincarnation was being made. We discussed many design concepts for the future of Reincarnation and we exchanged some concept art stuff and other things that I won't go into detail here because it's not polite to discuss private messages in public.

I also know a lot of what me and him wanted this game to be, never materialized due to his team not listening to him.

However, my upper post was long in the making and I had waited to sting him for a long while.

My post was directly aimed at him, in case he still lurks around these forums hidden in the shadows.

It's just no way to treat a community, no matter how cool and open minded he's shown himself to be before.

He has personally disappointed me and I had lots of respect for him at one point.

No way I would have ever went radio silent on a disappointed community that died.

It's not easy to admit failure but at least have the decency to come out with some form of info regarding shit, otherwise it just looks like you came, did the PR, tried to sell the product, failed at it and then left taking a shit in the place where you used to eat at one point.

I only know of Randy Pitchford doing such stuff in the past but that guy is a snake oil salesman for whom I have 0 respect.

Also, banning me at this point is completely irrelevant because I've said everything that was to be said regarding the state of things here.

The community is already dead so I can't possibly imagine what demented person would actually bother to ban anybody anymore around here, especially for saying it like it is.

There's no room for banning in a discussion that states factual information and asks questions from a developer staff that acts like they accidentally locked themselves in a toilet and can't get out since half a year or more...
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Considering how much you're patting yourself on the back for knowing everything about what's happened and who is responsible, you really don't know what Nobby's job was.

He was never the CEO. The current CEO is Jan Lindner who took over from Batwick so he could focus on actual development work. Nobby is just a "Game Director". He has a few levels of management above him who make the business decisions and call the shots. He's not a Randy Pitchford or a Peter Monlyneux who have free reign to do what they like with their companies and the buck stops with them. Any decision Nobby makes has to be approved, anything he does can be vetoed and overruled by upper management and he is beholden to the NDA and management as to what he's allowed to say. He had no control over spending, budget, allocation of resources, schedule or even how the whole rewards debacle is handled.

What he did is designed the game from a top down perspective, put concepts together, pitched in with the art and content side of things where possible (e.g. car designs, placing powerups, route layouts, etc.) and told the team how he expected the game to be (e.g. "that needs to be shinier", "this car needs more power", etc.). Anything on the technical side of development was out of his hands, that was Si's department, anything on the publishing side was Jason's wheelhouse, while business,team management and community management decisions were down to people like Matt and Batwick. Carmageddon was a passion project for Nobby, he came out of retirement to help make it happen and put himself out as the face of the whole thing and showed his enthusiasm for it, but all the "bad decisions" were out of his control. The project's major problems are almost entirely down to technical and business decisions which he didn't have the final decision over.

As Tosh said, Nobby's only fault is being overly enthusiastic for a project he was extremely passionate about. It may make it look like he was the big boss in charge of everything but that's far from reality. If Nobby had full control of the game's development with no one telling him what can and can't be done or said then it would have turned out very differently, though whether that would be for the better or for the worse is up for debate.
a.k.a. Brent
Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

*Enters forum after 1 month*

*Sees that Mr.D is still crying about bullshit and saying how right he was*

*Leaves forum*.

Mr. D you still haven't been able to get a life?
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

This forum is the equivelant of any fight scene in any movie ever. Funny, and pointless. They did all they could, they gave you a game. It’s a pretty good game, and that’s what you gave your money for.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

But that's not enough! Don't u get it? =D Hear the prophet and repent!

Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

I’m going to be quietly spectating this to see what exactly will happen next. It’s like a reality TV show. “Will the forum be ripped apart by the commenters, tune in next week!”
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

back to topic please, let the prophet find his followers in his own thread...

nobby won't read this anyway, he is on holiday, and from what ive seen, he's enjoying it.
Licky Webster
driver

Post by Licky Webster »

I must be out of the loop. Is Nobby no longer with Stainless? What happened?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

He's no longer at Stainless in the sense that he went on holiday and will be back in a couple of weeks. He still works at Stainless.
a.k.a. Brent
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Trent wrote:He's no longer at Stainless

Trent wrote:... in the sense that he went on holiday and will be back in a couple of weeks. He still works at Stainless.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Epitaph wrote:*Enters forum after 1 month*

*Sees that Mr.D is still crying about bullshit and saying how right he was*

*Leaves forum*.

Mr. D you still haven't been able to get a life?

The way the forum and the game goes now . I come in and leave again just to catch up.

to find nothing worth catching up for. (no offense any modders)
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

starbuck wrote:The way the forum and the game goes now . I come in and leave again just to catch up.

to find nothing worth catching up for. (no offense any modders)

Same here.
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

seems to be nothing to catchup around here, this beeing the only active topic in maxdamage
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

I can see tumbleweeds in the distance, while this is the only living thread
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Trent wrote:Considering how much you're patting yourself on the back for knowing everything about what's happened and who is responsible, you really don't know what Nobby's job was.

He was never the CEO. The current CEO is Jan Lindner who took over from Batwick so he could focus on actual development work. Nobby is just a "Game Director". He has a few levels of management above him who make the business decisions and call the shots. He's not a Randy Pitchford or a Peter Monlyneux who have free reign to do what they like with their companies and the buck stops with them. Any decision Nobby makes has to be approved, anything he does can be vetoed and overruled by upper management and he is beholden to the NDA and management as to what he's allowed to say. He had no control over spending, budget, allocation of resources, schedule or even how the whole rewards debacle is handled.

What he did is designed the game from a top down perspective, put concepts together, pitched in with the art and content side of things where possible (e.g. car designs, placing powerups, route layouts, etc.) and told the team how he expected the game to be (e.g. "that needs to be shinier", "this car needs more power", etc.). Anything on the technical side of development was out of his hands, that was Si's department, anything on the publishing side was Jason's wheelhouse, while business,team management and community management decisions were down to people like Matt and Batwick. Carmageddon was a passion project for Nobby, he came out of retirement to help make it happen and put himself out as the face of the whole thing and showed his enthusiasm for it, but all the "bad decisions" were out of his control. The project's major problems are almost entirely down to technical and business decisions which he didn't have the final decision over.

As Tosh said, Nobby's only fault is being overly enthusiastic for a project he was extremely passionate about. It may make it look like he was the big boss in charge of everything but that's far from reality. If Nobby had full control of the game's development with no one telling him what can and can't be done or said then it would have turned out very differently, though whether that would be for the better or for the worse is up for debate.

Well, If that is the hierarchy then Nobby really appears to have no fault other than plastering his face for the public eye and opening himself to praise or criticism from the people that didn't know he's not actually the guy that calls the shots over there.

I believe that I judged him too harshly precisely because I thought he did call the shots, up until I read your post.

After reading an article on Jan Lindner, I have idea who he is. To me he seems like a magic rabbit that came out of the hat.

I guess the blame can be put partly on Patrick and then on Jan Lindner for this mess, for not being able to get the dev team to execute their vision properly
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

@MrDeviance There's no blame to put on anyone the game is what it is, for better or worst. You sound like you're searching a culprit to do yourself justice because you've been ripped off... you're problem buddy.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

most if not all of the new powerups came from Patricks crazy brain, just like the caravans. Also looking at how the bear handles. It's pretty obvious Patricks vision is well represented in the game, thus well executed by the team.

#savethebear
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

Fr0nt wrote:keep the fire burning

Well, looks like some people got their rewards then (probably the kiss arses around here still), but I unfortunately got nothing. Nadda. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nothing.

Well, a digital key that probably cost them 0.003 cents to give me.

Another 2 months gone by, with no rewards nor, any response from carma people.

:(
Mintydog
hit n run

Post by Mintydog »

So where are the rewards?

Oh I see, Carmageddon Crashers is new on mobile, well it's nice to see where priorities lie.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Happy New No Rewards Year!

Check who’s online