Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Where are our $150+ backer rewards ?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Toshiba-3 wrote:I... I like shane and nobby
Fucking fanoby!
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

shane wrote:Hi guys,

Apologies for the lack of information on the remaining Kickstarter rewards. As soon as we have any further information about shipping the remaining rewards we'll post an update.

Please try and keep this thread on topic and follow the forum rules.

Must be fun to be Shane, the guy who gets stuck with telling us generic bullshit that means nothing. Would be nice to get some concrete information instead of the claim that you have no information but will have some magic information later.
ThomasN
mechanic

Post by ThomasN »

We were scammed. Move on.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

ThomasN wrote:We were scammed. Move on.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

July O_o
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Fr0nt wrote:July O_o
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

monthly bump
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

One bump every one years is sufficient. It help to remind us how bad are the sales of Carmageddon ... Rip my favorite game...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

monthly shitpost...a bit early, but hey who cares......not stanlies...

so lets sum up the KS campaign, its so long ago..

here are some great quotes:

The Carmageddon community means the world to us, and over the years a dedicated army of Modders continued to develop content for the original games. We’ll be making sure that the tools we use to craft the game are developed in such a way that we can release them as well, thus making player-generated content a central part of the Carmageddon: Reincarnation experience.
Plus we can also repay the dedication of the community at the same time, through the rewards system.
What’s also GREAT about the Kickstarter funding model is being able to also offer a range of cool STUFF and even some THINGS to our backers, as a way of thanking them for their involvement in our shared goal
You'll notice that we aren't asking for Shipping costs to be met by our backers. That's because we're covering the cost of shipping, out of the goodness of our hearts. Aren't we lovely.
Estimated Delivery: Feb 2013
The game will be highly moddable! – including skinning pedestrians to how you want!
KICK IN THE BOX: It’s the one everyone’s been waiting for! The GAME. On a DVD. In a BOX! We’ve done the math and it will only slightly bankrupt us.
*The New Eagle design has still to be finalised - so the appearance of the model is likely to differ from the illustration. Also note that the final manufacturing process we select for the models will dictate their appearance. They may be made of cheese.**

**Joke. ;)

the campaign was great, its just sad we're now at this point.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Hello everybody. I only just saw this topic now and I read through most of it and had so many laughs at the expense of your misery, I won't lie.

I will have everybody reading this know that even though I consider myself a huge fan of the carmageddon series and I have modded and played carmageddon 1 and 2 since their original release, I was never stupid enough to trust kickstarter, therefore I've never donated as it can also be seen from the lack of my KS or PP badge on both this account and on my former banned one.

I feel for those that were naive enough to donate 150bucks and trusted Stainless as if they were their own old drinking buddies.

I did my fair share of contribution because even if I didn't risk donating money to the ks or pp, I spread the word on many forums and had people claim they will donate to this.

Now regarding the lack of goods for you $150 naive fanboys that keep squealing and crying, I'm surprised that you're amazed regarding their radio silence.

Have you guys never stumbled upon some of my posts in other topics? Did you guys not smell the rotten corpse with your own noses?

Is it just me that noticed since 2 years now that Stainless got infected with ineptitude and went on the path of a slow and desperate death which is manifesting it's last twitch reflexes right now as we speak?

Didn't the latest carmageddon: crashers that got prematurely ejaculated onto the internets with no promos and filled with bugs and laggy as shit, give anybody a clue yet? How many more examples do you guys need to get a hint that shit is dead around here?

Stainless is running on sawdust mates, the greens are over and they are a dry fish on land.

If I'm talking shit and I'm accidentally and monumentally hurting their Big Cojones, then how about they confront me here and tell me I'm talking bullshit.

They are literally dying and you guys debate whether they will give you your shitty plastic toys or not? Really? xD?

How freaking naive are you guys?

I will tell you that you have more chances on getting news of their bankruptcy before the news that you will not get the plastic toys.

Try seeing the bigger picture, get real...

I hope you magically get your toys in the end but frankly it would be better if you don't get them so that you can have this valuable lesson on not trusting anybody online.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

We backed the game when there was nothing, its easy to bitch about stuff when it already happened or was happening, We backed before all that. You say you noticed it 2 years ago, too bad we backed them 4 years ago.

Would i do it again knowing how it would turn out.... not sure, probably. Looking at the total amount of hours played and the amount i backed, that's 0.46 cents an hour. And i've spend way more then that on other games i bought and never played.

so yeah, i guess its fair to say we all wanted this to be more than it turned out to be, but hey, atleast we gave them a chance to try. If we all thought like you, we would still be waiting for a new carmageddon.
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

Well said Front.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Front

Tonrac

Just ignore him
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Fr0nt wrote:We backed the game when there was nothing, its easy to bitch about stuff when it already happened or was happening, We backed before all that. You say you noticed it 2 years ago, too bad we backed them 4 years ago.

Would i do it again knowing how it would turn out.... not sure, probably. Looking at the total amount of hours played and the amount i backed, that's 0.46 cents an hour. And i've spend way more then that on other games i bought and never played.

so yeah, i guess its fair to say we all wanted this to be more than it turned out to be, but hey, atleast we gave them a chance to try. If we all thought like you, we would still be waiting for a new carmageddon.

I am not judging those that donated the amount of cash equal to the sum they would pay on the final completed game.

However, I do raise my eyebrow at those that go on to donate 150 bucks or more.

If the kickstarter failed, I don't know what would have happened, maybe nothing or maybe the game would have been shittier but would have at least had a reason to be shitty due to no funds.

Looking back, I remember how it all went because I was here since day 1 and I had my naive hopes and dreams too, go research my first posts from my former account and you will see how big of an enthusiast I was but I just didn't trust ks...

You need to accept that you donated to satisfy your curiosity of a new carmageddon game but you didn't donate for a game that is worthy to exist in my honest opinion.

If I would have known the game would be like it is today, I wouldn't have wasted these years on this forum.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

start raising your eyebrows boy, cause i donated around 600-660

I was here from the beginning as well, so i dont have to do research. (didnt you pirate the game at first?) The campaing, the thrill of getting those targets, the streams etc etc everything was worth it, and im glad i got to experience it.

i dont need to accept your reality.... my reality is the game is awesome, yes it has flaws, and yes their are a lot of people who dont like it, and enough people who got past the handling issue and did enjoy it. That doesnt change the fact i enjoyed playing it daily for hours.

I regrat nothing.

yet you still waste time here trying....i dont even know what your point is at this point.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Fr0nt wrote:
yet you still waste time here trying....i dont even know what your point is at this point.

I'm not trying anything. And there is no point anymore for me.

I am just visiting the forum out of twitch reflex, somehow hoping to find something new that doesn't disappoint me here, however the truth is sinking in fast

Basically, I am just walking through a desolate wasteland and seeing the nuclear aftermath and the few people that are still alive here in the sand and in denial.

Personally, the only reason I still came here was for AlexTsk's topic on his modded cars and for the expected huge announcement of their new mobile game that happened so fast and in such a small and uneventful fashion that I didn't even notice it at first.

From what I understand Alex has kind of had enough of the backwards methods of getting his cars in the game, so the reasons to visit die one by one each week.

The mobile game is shit too, so what is anybody still expecting to see here I don't know, I really don't see a future anymore.

Some are still waiting for plastic to be delivered at their door and a few others still hope for a linux port or a drm free version but I think the joke is on them.

As for me pirating the game at first. Of course I did and I would have not had it any other way.

When Reincarnation came out it was such a massive piece of buggy, laggy and graphically unappealing shit that I almost felt the need to have them pay me for all of my lost time on this forum up to that point instead of vice versa.

I only just got to buy it when Max Damage came out and I did it at a huge sale on steam when I paid a few bucks for it because that is it's true value in my opinion.

If there was one good thing about Reincarnation, it was that in it's first alpha versions the damage physics were actually cool but then they toned it down gradually through subsequent patches and finally when they released Max Damage they almost completely turned it off.

Everything regarding the car damage in Max Damage is just parts flying and bending that looks scripted

Not sure how many still remember this level of damage but it shows that Reincarnation had really cool damage tech at one point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFAeMu7i_-Q

If anybody can tell me that Max Damage's car damage is anywhere close to the one from this video, they are truly crazy.

Again, sorry if anybody from Stainless feels saddened by my opinion but this game does not look like that product that had any labor of love put into it.

It felt sterile and uninspired and buggy and laggy since day 1 and it remains like that for the most part to this day.

Their idea of optimization for the sake of FPS, was to cut the very nature that made the game fun, they cut the damage physics themselves.

Instead of releasing those car twisting damage updates that Nobby was hyping, they ended up cutting everything altogether.

The development process of this game was a mess from start to finish and it was handled horribly with numerous features that were hyped and never made it.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

MrDeviance wrote:
Fr0nt wrote:

I'm not trying anything. And there is no point anymore for me.

you should have stopped there, and i would have believed you.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

MrDeviance wrote:
From what I understand Alex has kind of had enough of the backwards methods of getting his cars in the game, so the reasons to visit die one by one each week.
The methods of getting cars into the game aren't backwards, its just that the methods I use take a long time.
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

and another month without any news...even tho ive seen some newsworthy stuff @ Facebook. yet not a word on the official forums...
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

Stainless wtf... AT LEAST send a 15dol tshirt or something? Thats pretty shitty behavior to the people that made this project possible.

Youre are infact lucky this game is not popular, if it was, the "gaming press" would be on your ass already :P

Bad stainless...bad boy... no treats for you
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

ZeMantras wrote:Stainless wtf... AT LEAST send a 15dol tshirt or something? Thats pretty shitty behavior to the people that made this project possible.

Youre are infact lucky this game is not popular, if it was, the "gaming press" would be on your ass already :P

If the game was popular then there would be enough money to make/send the rewards but it was a comercial flop
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

So they have money to develop a new shitty mobile game and release it? and they dont have money to send the gifts they promised in the first place...?

its not really about lack of money, the issue seems more like a lack of attitude or respect to the ppl that funded the game
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

ZeMantras wrote:So they have money to develop a new shitty mobile game and release it? and they dont have money to send the gifts they promised in the first place...?

its not really about lack of money, the issue seems more like a lack of attitude or respect to the ppl that funded the game

yea good idea lets give everyone what we promised and go bankrupt instead of trying to keep the company alive and delaying the rewards (that they are not obligated by anything to give you)
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

"delaying" , for how many years now?

giving away prices that they initially promised in the first place would bankrupt a game company? in 2017? Sry i dont believe this, that is hilarious (or if true its pretty fuking sad)

Ithink has a long term move, choosing to hide & ignore the ppl that supported you is not a good move and its shit like that , that will bankrupt them.
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

how many people bought reincarnation and max damage?

after 5 years of paying people to work on a video game and have the terrible sales that C:MD and C:R had its pretty obvious that its not going so well and they have to ship:

276 t-shirts

473 bumper stickers

594 boxed games

506 eagles

174 card games, posters, T-shirt’s, postcard sets,

154 usb boxed games and manual

50 grandmas

is it really that impossible to believe that this would make them go bankrupt?
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

eagles were cancelled long time ago
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

hazardic wrote:eagles were cancelled long time ago
They were "cancelled" after they were made, apparently twice over, and they recently received delivery of the comics which are replacing the eagles, so it just adds even more weight to the point LegoMaeker was making about the significant costs involved with fulfilling the bonus rewards from a project which seemingly made a rather large loss on its own.
a.k.a. Brent
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

would have been nice if they told us about the comic.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

RoRo
mechanic

Post by RoRo »

Don't worry guys. They just went out to buy a pack of cigarettes.

They'll be back.

Just like my dad said he'd come back.

Eventually.

starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Legomeaker101 wrote:
ZeMantras wrote:Stainless wtf... AT LEAST send a 15dol tshirt or something? Thats pretty shitty behavior to the people that made this project possible.

If the game was popular then there would be enough money to make/send the rewards but it was a comercial flop

So thats not the consumers fault. They should have kept their promise. They totally dropped the ball on the release first of all even before it was actually released.
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

Ah, almost another year of stainless still lying to its backers gone.

I said it a few times, I will say it again:

Just APOLOGIZE stainless, and get it over with!

Your rep is already ruined.

Just do us the courtesy of saying it.
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

Legomeaker, yes looking at all those numbers i can see how that is possible.

Still... id think at least something could have workedout in good faith between stainless and the 150$ or above backers, Atleast for those backers.

but i will stop throwing wood to the fire now.

Check who’s online