Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Car Editing

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Durtvan
mechanic

Car Editing

Post by Durtvan »

is there a way edit a car's stats?
like for example, I want to edit the SXE Black Hatch so it doesn't spin around when I turn it
Likvidator
driver

Re: Car Editing

Post by Likvidator »

I don’t really understand what you mean. All data is in the file "CarDescriptor.txt", and information about the car in Assets>Strings>UK>Car_Strings_UK.txt
Durtvan
mechanic

Post by Durtvan »

I mean edit a car's performance (car speed, tyre grip, strength)
Would editing "Interceptordescriptor.txt" work?
Likvidator
driver

Post by Likvidator »

To change the power of the car, open the .pak file through the PackRat2 program, then copy all 8 .func files from the fast car (for example: McKilem). and move to the car you need, do not forget to rename them, replace "McKilem" with "Interceptor" everywhere. Example: McKilemCamberGrip.func> InterceptorCamberGrip.func. To change the maximum speed, open the "CarDescriptor" file and find the line "//Number of gears" and add "0.80" at the end. Change the number of gears from 5 to 6. You can also copy this from a fast car (McKilem), there are 8 gears. For faster acceleration, you can make four-wheel drive. Again, open the "Interceptordescriptor" file, find the line "// Driving Wheel", and change 0 to 1. You can change the angle of rotation of the wheels, for this, open the "CarDescriptor", and at the very beginning add the following:

TOKENS_START STEERING_MAX_ANGLE

40.0 STEERING_SPEED_DEPENDENCY

TOKENS_END

Changing strength is easy enough, open the "Cars" folder and open the "Car_Descriptor.txt" file at the very bottom. Find the name of the car you want to change and add one zero to STRENGTH, (for fun you can bet 100000, you know what will happen :smile: )
Durtvan
mechanic

Post by Durtvan »

Okay, thank you!

Check who’s online