Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 > TDR2000

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Likvidator
driver

C2 > TDR2000

Post by Likvidator »

Does anyone know how to convert machines from C2 to TDR2000? I think it's possible
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: C2 > TDR2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yes, it's possible (it's been done before) and no you hadn't it figured out with the "C2 Editor.ms" maxscript at all. :oops:

C2 Editor.ms is a maxscript for 3DSMax R3.1 made by Beroc to import CarEd OBJ files. It can't import BRender ACT DAT MAT files. He made another script later on for that purpose which Harmalarm improved upon and expanded into the CarmaTools for 3DSMax 2012+.

So you either need the CarEd OBJ source of a C2 car (it's rare but some C2 cars come with the source, you can test with the Cala that is included with CarEd) and use C2Editor.ms within 3DSMax R3.1. Or you import the ACT/DAT/MAT files into 3DSMax 2012 (or more recent) with Harm's Carmatools, then you must find a way to export the car into 3DSMax R3.1 (via Wavefront .Obj, .3ds, etc).

When you got the car in 3DSMax R3.1, then you have to follow the usual tutorials. Not the end of the world but not easy either.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Likvidator
driver

Post by Likvidator »

OK. I will take 70CudaAAR from AdR (I'm really a fan of this car). I opened this car in CarEd and redid everything into OBJ files. Then I downloaded 3DSMax 3.1 and through the MAXScripts tab opened C2 Editor.ms. And through it I opened all the OBJ. files, now I have a whole model on the screen. What to do next?
Last edited by Likvidator on Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Likvidator wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:05 amWhat to do next?
Toshiba-3 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:56 pmWhen you got the car in 3DSMax R3.1, then you have to follow the usual tutorials.
Starting with this one I guess: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/TUT/TORUS/BASICCAR.HTM
Likvidator
driver

Post by Likvidator »

Does not work. I do not understand how to make doors, hood, trunk and rear lights.
Likvidator
driver

Post by Likvidator »

When I select "Export Selected" he writes: "No scene export DLLs present". This is despite the fact that I have already configured all the dummy and set up the chassis. :help:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I don't know what to tell you, that error message doesn't ring a bell, however it definitely works.

Are you using 3dsMax 3.1? The one from my website? If yes, try to run it as administrator maybe. Don't forget to set your system's local number formatting to US by the way. Actually, read my recent release topics as I point out important informations like so:
Toshiba-3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:05 pmone texture per model (it matters a lot if you want to port something from Carma1/2 for example)
This means that you'll have a lot of work to split all models per material if you want to port a C2 car to TDR. Ideally you'd have to create a texture atlas or bake materials into one or two textures (interior/exterior for example).

Additionally you have access to my .max file sources as they are included in my TDR cars (but the Eagle). I REALLY suggest that you first start with a brick on wheel, just to get the export working right first.

Check who’s online