Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

ALEX'S GARAGE

Hello and welcome to my garage! This thread is home to all my released Carmageddon Max Damage mods as well as process images/works in progress.

Restyled Checkpoints v1.0

Changes the look of the checkpoints to resemble the Carmageddon Reincarnation pre-alpha checkpoint style, goes well with my holographic powerups mod.

DOWNLOAD

What this mod package contains:
  • Changes the textures of the checkpoint holograms as well as removing the lights attached to the checkpoints.
Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zmod_Restyled_Checkpoints_TSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zmod_Restyled_Checkpoints_TSK.zad

Known Issues
  • The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon yet
Random Powerup Holograms v1.0

PREVIEW VIDEO

DOWNLOAD

Changes to rotating question marks on random powerups to animated holographic question and exclamation marks. Designed to work best with my CUSTOM POWERUPS MOD but will work fine with the vanilla powerups too.

Big thanks to Errol for helping me figure out the particle system and how to attach the sprite to the powerup models, Trent for pro tips and CzechDeath for creating the sprite sheet for the question mark.

• Animated sprites of a question mark and exclamation mark that will replace the default rotating one, uses the particle system instead of models
Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zmod_RandomPowerupHolograms_AlexTSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zmod_RandomPowerupHolograms_AlexTSK.zad

Known Issues
  • The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon.
  • The holograms may float a little too far above the vanilla powerups as they are designed to work best with my custom powerup mod.
New Powerups v1.0

DOWNLOAD

I really dont like the vanilla cell shaded look of the powerups so here are some new, more detailed powerup models to spice up the look of your game.

Models created, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

• New models for the Oil drums
  • New models for the Nitrous Bottles
  • A new model for the Tyre Stack
  • Replacement models for the Oil drums that were labelled "jerry_can", the new models are actually jerry cans(Fun fact, they were jerry cans in the pre-alpha)
Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Place the zMod_NewPowerups_AlexTSK.zad into the ZAD folder in your Carmageddon Max Damage install directory

Example: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD\zMod_NewPowerups_AlexTSK.zad

Known Issues
  • The game will tell you you modded the game files and will lock saving and multiplayer - Sadly this type of mod isn't supported by CarMODgeddon

SDT Suppressor v1.1

DOWNLOAD

A re-imagining of the Suppressor, this one is part of the State Defense Tech lineup

Modeled, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Install with Trent's Minge Tool

Known Issues

- The tyres are offset from the rim in the garage, this is due to the car using legacy code for non-scrolling tyres (The Suppressor has actual geometry for the tyre tread rather than just a texture), nothing I can do there sadly. Works fine in-game

- Minge doesn't support the extra wheels that are supposed to show up in the garage so I've left them out for the time being, once again only a garage issue, the extra wheels are set up and work fine in-game

-The siren doesn't work because the vehicle is not set as a cop, however unlike cops, you can select the car as an opponent without any special scripts.

Alpha Eagle IV v1.6

DOWNLOAD

The Eagle IV from the early Carmageddon Reincarnation pre-alpha (cut before public release)

Model created by : Stainless Games
Extra UV mapping, tweaking, textures, in-game rigging, by AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Known Issues

- The primary and secondary driveshafts don't rotate, this is currently a bug in the game where parts that use post IK snapping to each other refuse to rotate, this happens on the official cars as too.

REDTECH Eagle v1.2

DOWNLOAD

A brand new Eagle design.

Design, modeling, textures, in-game rigging by AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Known Issues

- The primary and secondary driveshafts don't rotate, this is currently a bug in the game where parts that use post IK snapping to each other refuse to rotate, this happens on the official cars as too.

Eagle R (Pre-Alpha) v1.1

DOWNLOAD

The Eagle R from the Carmageddon Reincarnation pre-alpha. Pretend like you time traveled with this historical piece!

Model created by : Stainless Games
Texture conversion and release by AlexTSK

Mod Installation

Known Issues

- The sideskirt has a strange flicker in action-replay mode

AnyOpponent (Script Mod) v1.0

The game is a bit restrictive with certain vehicles and cops cant be used as opponents at all so this script will allow just that, thanks to Trent for the code.

This script allows you to select any vehicle to be an opponent in freeplay as well as letting you play solo without any opponents. Useful if you want to test mods(faster loading times) or take screenshots without the opponents bothering you.

DOWNLOAD

Installation
- Place into your Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD folder, then rename your scripts.zad folder (I like scripts_original.zad, but feel free to use whatever name you want)

As usual, enjoy and let me know if there is any serious problems.
CompoTheSmoggie
pedestrian

Re: Alex's Garage

Post by CompoTheSmoggie »

Alex,

Can we see more of your police car mods being ported into Carmageddon: Max Damage anytime soon?

Thanks,

Compo.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

CompoTheSmoggie wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 pm Alex,

Can we see more of your police car mods being ported into Carmageddon: Max Damage anytime soon?

Thanks,

Compo.
Which police car 'mods' are you talking about? The only cop mod I've made was the Suppressor.
Danilo
pedestrian

Post by Danilo »

i can't use this mod . Can you help Me?

Check who’s online