Tosh's releases for TDR 2000..!

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - from editing, to multiplayer, tips and hints.
Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Tosh's releases for TDR 2000..!

Post by Toshiba-3 »

SH0017.png
SH0017.png (185.98 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
Just felt like messing around with this :slol:
I used the restored C1 textures to update the TDR one. Increased the size of the texture to 2048x2048 to keep the pixelated look. Also made the material shiny. Just too bad the model is split into parts and that breaks the smoothing groups, I couldn't find a way to make the material fullbright to hide that.

It's at RR2000: https://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/carmageddon-tdr2000

I guess a good version to port to TDR would be the Funsize one.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Eagle Mk.I Funsize for TDR 2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Well what do you know... 14 years after I gave up on TDR 2000 and 13 years after the very last TDR addon car (Shortybus)...

Here's the Funsize (iOS/Android)'s version of the Eagle Mk.I ported to TDR 2000!

It isn't very interesting as there is already at least one port of the Mk.1 but it was an easy model to use and go through the tutorial. Speaking of which I actually didn't use Beroc's but the official ones that came with the SDK back then.

You can download the car right there: https://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/carmageddon-tdr2000

Some observations if other people are interested:
I made most of the setup in 3dsMax R3.1 like back then, but I'm positive it could maybe all be done (hierarchy and all) in a more recent program and exported to Max3 just to use the TDR plugin.
My system being in french with local number formatting, I had to set the latter to US in order for the plugin the write proper decimals (1.000 instead of 1,000).
A couple of limitations: one texture per model (it matters a lot if you want to port something from Carma1/2 for example), and no smoothing groups (must split vertices).
The plugin is very touchy about pivots and relative transformations when it exports the car. So it's best to create the setup hierarchy once you're done for good with the model (all pivots at the world origin and transform/scale reset, +reset xform). Working on a part (be it a dummy or a mesh) within the hierarchy easily results in slight offsets ingame. If a part needs to be modified, just temporarily unlink it from the hierarchy.
While setting up the cockpit camera position, I couldn't get the manual cam to work as the tutorial instructed. So I had to take the coordinates in Max and do back and forth with the ingame cockpit to adjust it (there's also the steering wheel + driver's arms model position).

Harmalarm
motorised death

Re: Eagle Mk.I Funsize for TDR 2000

Post by Harmalarm »

I'm impressed with your patience and I definitely like that shot of max R3.1 :cool:
Likvidator
mechanic

Re: Eagle Mk.I Funsize for TDR 2000

Post by Likvidator »

The model excellent, although the wheels are not very round :smile:
Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Tusker for TDR2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

TUSKER
for carmageddon tdr 2000

This model was made by Gravedrinker first as an addon car for Carmageddon Reincarnation, then after he integrated Stainless it was meant to be a part of the official roster for Max Damage but didn't make it in in the end. It was finally included in Carmageddon Crashers but as far as we know, never unlocked (along with other bonus cars like Evil C10). :crazy:

Ah well, now its time to shine has come, as an addon car for TDR2000 :grin:

So while the Eagle Funsize was a very simple first model to try and mod TDR, the Tusker is the opposite (look at the hierarchy). The addon is complete, however I only bothered with a single additional level of details (a simple model that is displayed in the distance), given we play TDR on modern computers anyway.

I hope to release Evil C10 and the Tez Eagle soon to get them out of my system and never touch TDR again :beer:

It's available at RR2000:
https://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/carmageddon-tdr2000

Mastro 666
speed freak

Re: Tusker for TDR2000

Post by Mastro 666 »

:supercrazy: :thumbsup:

Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Heavy (from TF2) for TDR2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

A joke addon obviously.
Once again the source is included.

> https://rr2000.toshiba-3.com/carmageddon-tdr2000

Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Tez Eagle & EvilC10 for TDR2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

EvilC10
for carmageddon tdr 2000

Originaly a promotional asset for Carmageddon Max Damage, this was included in Carmageddon Crashers but never unlocked. It's making its grand debut in TDR :slol:
I included the 3dsMax R3.1 source.
It might crash now and then I guess, your usual TDR crash upon big hit.
Tez Eagle left now.

Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Re: Tez Eagle & EvilC10 for TDR2000

Post by Toshiba-3 »

and now

Tez Eagle
for carmageddon tdr 2000

Again from Crashers. Not much to say. I didn't bother animating the little blades as I did with the C2 port, not sure if they even were animated in Crashers. This port went without trouble, haven't had a crash (but I haven't tested it as much as the other cars). I think most of the crashes I encountered before might have come from a center of mass too low (set on the main data_chassis), I'd noticed cars shifting downward upon heavy impacts and getting stuck into the world's collision mesh.

This should be the last TDR addon car from me for a while (another 14 years?), but I hope the sources I included in the ZIP archives will motivate other people to give it a try too :sbsmile:

macacom
hit n run

Re: Tez Eagle & EvilC10 for TDR2000

Post by macacom »

You will make reinstall TDR now. Hahah
Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Re: Tosh's releases for TDR 2000..!

Post by Toshiba-3 »