Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Using a controller with Carmageddon 2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Vapour
pedestrian

Using a controller with Carmageddon 2

Post by Vapour »

Hello, i'm new here.

I seem to have trouble getting the controller work with Carmageddon 2. It wont recgonize LT and RT buttons (that i normally use for Accleration and Braking) on my Logitech F310 controller. It only recgonizes my left stick and X, Y, B, A and Left and right bumpers.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Using a controller with Carmageddon 2

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hello,

I never used a controller with C2 so I can't help, but isn't that kind of problem addressed by third party softwares like Xpadder, JoyToKey, etc.?
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Vapour
pedestrian

Post by Vapour »

I've tried those programs, and they work well, but they don't feel right when playing with a controller. I just wanted to know if there was a way to make the controller work naturally. The game recgonizes my gamepad as a joystick. I'm using a KB too at the moment as i've given up with fiddling with a controller with this game. Maybe the steering wheel works better with this game?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I understand what you mean. I feel like C2 has never been too great with controllers. Back in the day (and it still happens now and then) having a controller plugged in through USB could prevent the game from launching completely. That kinda sets the tone IMO :slol:
I remember some people playing C2 with a steering wheel and they weren't complaining so maybe that is something to test.
There's a file called FFB.TXT in the DATA folder that lets you tweak force feedback. You can also do it ingame by entering the CHEAT MODE (typing LAPMYLOVEPUMP while in a race (LQP?YLOVEPU?P on an azerty keyboard)), moving to the OPTIONS MODE (F4), then tweaking the FFB (SHIFT+ALT+8).

For the sake of completeness:
ALT+8: Disable Y Axis
CTRL+ALT+8: Enable D-Pad mode
SHIFT+ALT+8: Sets FFB gain to 0/25/50/75/100%
SHIFT+CTRL+8: Enable/Disable Joystick
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Vapour
pedestrian

Post by Vapour »

Wow, it actually worked, thanks. I just had to disable Y axis. Didn't know this trick was a thing before :-)

Check who’s online