Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flummery v0.3.8.9

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by '80s Time Warp »

To follow up about the 6.3 MDLs, it turns out there really isn't any difference between 6.3 and 6.2 at all that I can see. The issue I was having was actually something entirely different, the 6.3 was actually just a red herring. I poked around the file in a hex editor and noticed that after the material list there was entirely different data to what I was expecting: it should have been a face count and the PREP face data (32bit Integer for material ID and 3x 32bit Integer for vertex indices per face) but it was actually showing 453 counts of 3 floats followed by a 32bit Integer between 2 and 5. This immediately made me think they were positions and counts, or the unique vertex position data at the start of the USER data and a quick check of the unique vertex count confirmed this. Aha, eureka moment, there's no PREP data at all!

My MaxScript importer code didn't like this as it always expects PREP data to be present and, rather messily, it uses the face count variables defined by the PREP data to read the USER data. A few tweaks later and some further investigating to discover, obviously, the PREP->USER data maps for converting face and vertex indices also aren't present so I have it ignore that too if there's no PREP data. Now it works, hooray!
This is excellent news Trent :)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Hey Errol, do you think you could make a little time in your schedule to give flummery mdl 6.3 support? Pretty please. That would be super nice!
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by MrDeviance »

FatCat wrote:Hey Errol, do you think you could make a little time in your schedule to give flummery mdl 6.3 support? Pretty please. That would be super nice!

Actually, I think this would be a better time to ask yourself where is Errol.

Have you noticed his last post dates as far back as october?

I haven't checked to see if he still comes online but he sure as hell stopped posting since 5 months ago.
Trent
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Trent »

Errol hasn't gone anywhere, he's still online every day. He just has more important things than modding a game taking up all his time right now, such as renovating his entire house. Once he has some free time to spend on modding he will no doubt get back to it.
a.k.a. Brent
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Yeah, i figured that would've been taking up his time at the moment, hasnt he moved just recently too?
Lollybomb
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Lollybomb »

I seem to be having two issues with Flummery 3.7.5.

First, it won't load unless I "Run as Administrator." The window will open, but then it just stalls forever. Running as administrator seems to work fine though.

Second, C1 vehicles won't open. It claims to have opened it with "Loaded XYZ.TXT" appearing in the lower left corner, but nothing actually appears. I even tried decrypting them first, but still nothing. C2 and C:R vehicles work fine though.

I'm running Win10 x64.

Also as an aside, why are there no options for opening wheels and rims? They'll open if you rename the files to accessory.cnt and open it as an accessory, but that seems kind of silly.
I have the solid granite car powerup. Your argument is both invalid, and about to be flattened.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Lollybomb wrote:I seem to be having two issues with Flummery 3.7.5.

First, it won't load unless I "Run as Administrator." The window will open, but then it just stalls forever. Running as administrator seems to work fine though.

Second, C1 vehicles won't open. It claims to have opened it with "Loaded XYZ.TXT" appearing in the lower left corner, but nothing actually appears. I even tried decrypting them first, but still nothing. C2 and C:R vehicles work fine though.

I'm running Win10 x64.

Also as an aside, why are there no options for opening wheels and rims? They'll open if you rename the files to accessory.cnt and open it as an accessory, but that seems kind of silly.

Just guessing here but do not install Flummery in (for example) C:\Program Files. Windows controls directories like that. Install in a directory with no spaces (like C:games\Flummery)

As for importing C1s ACT and DAT files it works perfectly fine here. Try first keeping away from "locked" windows directories.

EDIT I forgot also install as Administrator and see if that solves the problem.
Lollybomb
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Lollybomb »

starbuck wrote:Just guessing here but do not install Flummery in (for example) C:\Program Files. Windows controls directories like that. Install in a directory with no spaces (like C:games\Flummery)

As for importing C1s ACT and DAT files it works perfectly fine here. Try first keeping away from "locked" windows directories.

A reasonable suggestion, but they're already in unprotected folders. Flummery in F:\Flummery and C1 in F:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Carmageddon1\CARMA

Question though, where are your files? Given your comment about opening the ACT files instead of TXT files I hunted them down. Found them, but Flummery throws an error detailing null model files. If I copy all the ACT and DAT files into the same folder Flummery will open the model. Texture is missing, but for the moment I'm not concerned about that. Maybe Flummery doesn't like being on the F drive to begin with?

Also, install? The archive I downloaded was just the exe and data folder on their own. And some other misc files. No installer.
I have the solid granite car powerup. Your argument is both invalid, and about to be flattened.
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Lollybomb wrote:
starbuck wrote:Just guessing here but do not install Flummery in (for example) C:\Program Files. Windows controls directories like that. Install in a directory with no spaces (like C:games\Flummery)

A reasonable suggestion, but they're already in unprotected folders. Flummery in F:\Flummery and C1 in F:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Carmageddon1\CARMA

Question though, where are your files? Given your comment about opening the ACT files instead of TXT files I hunted them down. Found them, but Flummery throws an error detailing null model files. If I copy all the ACT and DAT files into the same folder Flummery will open the model. Texture is missing, but for the moment I'm not concerned about that. Maybe Flummery doesn't like being on the F drive to begin with?

Also, install? The archive I downloaded was just the exe and data folder on their own. And some other misc files. No installer.

Forgot about the lack of installer. I never did anything fancy to get my Flummery to work except for making a shortcut on the windows bar on the bottom. My Steam and Flummery directory are on my C:\games drive . Basically like yours. Try opening the DAT files instead.

As for the files you should open them up in 3DS Max instead and export them using Trents tools. MAX has a totally free student version. You could also download the maps I converted in my "A present for you" thread. I THINK I have the working FBX (DATS etc) files in them. Sorry I cant remember whats in them.

I do have a DVD burned if you want me to post a link to just a certain C! map which may have all the PNG files and TIFFs you need. But check my collection of basic converted maps first.

Getting really tired to reply anymore today. Sorry. Only thing I can think of is do not use the Carmageddon1 directory directly. You need the templates which I said may be in my files or on the RR2000 website.

EDIT somewhere I made a "making my first map" thread too in this portion of the forum. May solve some problems.

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28873
Lollybomb
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Lollybomb »

starbuck wrote:
Lollybomb wrote:

Forgot about the lack of installer. I never did anything fancy to get my Flummery to work except for making a shortcut on the windows bar on the bottom. My Steam and Flummery directory are on my C:\games drive . Basically like yours. Try opening the DAT files instead.

As for the files you should open them up in 3DS Max instead and export them using Trents tools. MAX has a totally free student version. You could also download the maps I converted in my "A present for you" thread. I THINK I have the working FBX (DATS etc) files in them. Sorry I cant remember whats in them.

I do have a DVD burned if you want me to post a link to just a certain C! map which may have all the PNG files and TIFFs you need. But check my collection of basic converted maps first.

Getting really tired to reply anymore today. Sorry. Only thing I can think of is do not use the Carmageddon1 directory directly. You need the templates which I said may be in my files or on the RR2000 website.

EDIT somewhere I made a "making my first map" thread too in this portion of the forum. May solve some problems.

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28873

If nothing else, you've pointed me in the right direction to get something working. Thanks a bunch!
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Just had a thought. Dont know if it matters. but the Carma1 TXT files are actually encoded. They need to be re-encoded to ACTUAL TXT files which are in the track templates.
nicbou0321
pedestrian

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by nicbou0321 »

Quick question. is this tool going to be updated for max damage?
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Yup! It also has better FBX support (fixed a few annoying bugs too), a proper material editor and a handful of other funky-fresh features.

Hopefully out... soon!

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
CzechDeath
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by CzechDeath »

find the comic easteregg =D
LuckyMike
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by LuckyMike »

Very interesting. The fresh flummery, this is great!
nicbou0321
pedestrian

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by nicbou0321 »

sorry for the bump but. any news on whats going on for max damage?

cant wait to play around with the new stuff.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

I am a terrible person and have neglected this for far too long.

Things are happening now though, see...

:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
AlexTSK
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by AlexTSK »

All hail the king of modding!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Pfft, if I'm king of anything it is wan.

starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Errol wrote:Pfft, if I'm king of anything it is wan.

Somehow I knew that was your voice.

Brings back old programming memories. Got a lot of work to do at home but will sit watching the whole video to see which of the butlers was guilty :P
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

Here is one thing I noticed while using Flummery that is weird.

When going to File \ Save As \ Carmaggedon \ Level

First the "level" dialog box cannot be changed, and the Level folder in CR gets full of all the created files IN THE LEVEL directory. As well as it seems no ZAD file is created.

So to create each map you have to go back into Windows Explorer and zip the files by hand. Or go to that directory in Minge and load the directory as a Zad name each time.

I hope it makes sense because I went thru trying to remake my plain old C1 maps and got thru processing about 15 of them before I noticed it.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

The level dialog box can not be changed? Clicking the button with the three dots doesn't allow you to browse to a different save folder?

Also, what version of Flummery are you running?
starbuck
kill boss

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by starbuck »

And I am so stupid. I assumed it was doing something else. So wrapped up in getting those rewowrked maps up.

Thanks
Spectre2011
hit n run

Re: Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Spectre2011 »

Can it skin c2 cars in its current state?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Nope, it has no mapping feature (I don't think it ever meant to be able to do that really). At best you can edit existing materials and remove/change the textures.
So mapping/unwrapping must still be done in 3dsmax or whatever you use. Or Plaything2 if you're badass enough :supercrazy:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
RIKUSYO
driver

Re: Flummery v0.3.8.9

Post by RIKUSYO »

I loaded a driver / pedestrian model, but there are no bones. :sad:
What is the cause of this?

Check who’s online