Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Classic Suppressor

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
hermit
driver

Classic Suppressor

Post by hermit »

we have a chance to see the classic Suppressor in the future?

WIP....
CzechDeath
kill boss

Classic Suppressor

Post by CzechDeath »

There is no way around it ! Fix it SCi u prommised! =D
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Classic Suppressor

Post by MrDeviance »

Don't bother. They don't give a shit.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Classic Suppressor

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

MrDeviance wrote:Don't bother. They don't give a shit.
it won't be made because they would have to create a complete new model from scratch which is way too much work.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Classic Suppressor

Post by MrDeviance »

Well, technically they could just edit the current one and be done much faster but I believe that is also something fans can do through a mod at this point.

If this was carmageddon 1 or 2 I would have made it myself but my daily job and overall time in general does not allow me to invest myself into learning how to properly mod reincarnation / max damage even though 2 years ago I was fully willing to do it at one point considering that I am really good with this stuff and a very fast learner.

I am also not one to beg for shit that I want to see modded in.

I am pretty sure that after so much bitching from me and many others, regarding this blasted suppressor, either Stainless or some modders from around here, would have done it already if they really cared that much.

There are at least 3 users on this forum that make cars for this game and I have not seen even one offering himself to do it, so to hell with it.

Here's a short story regarding this blasted suppressor.

When this forum was brand new and we were discussing concepts of how this game should be like and Stainless were omnipresent on these threads, I took many hours of my life to do proper research and document what made carmageddon 1 a unique game.

I mainly did it because I myself did not know exactly why carmageddon was special as it all felt like magic in my head and I had never bothered to dissect it's core mechanics and it's art direction to understand what it was supposed to be other than a game where you had crazy looking cars with which you killed peds.

The concept seemed simple on first glance but what truly made it stand out from all the failed clones that came after it, is what I really wanted to understand and crack it's recipe and put it on paper.

After documenting styles, gameplay, importance of SFX, importance of ambient and potential direction of ambient that should be followed in order to retain what made the first game great, I made large threads and posts documenting this and showing concept arts ideas and describing in detail why I thought certain things should be the way I saw it.

I even kept almost daily chats with Nobby via pm about concepts and he told me this and that, mostly agreeing with me and debating via pms or in public.

After all the things that I suggested and was told that it was going to happen, almost nothing came to be out of what was said to be out of those concepts.

In my opinion, the carmageddon remake that I imagined, never came to be.

Instead it went for a cartoon oriented style and this bothers me a lot because as an adult I feel I am being given a childish game even though as a teenager, I was given an adult game...

Among all those suggestions I laughingly told them that if they are not going to include any of my suggestions into the game, they should at least have the decency to bring back the suppressor and have it tough as titanium, no need to even put damage parts on it.

They all said sure thing, don't worry and I never did.

Yet after all the fucking around with this game, they still HAVE NOT managed to include the fucking suppressor.

Talk about irony...

So unless this post of mine gets seen and also manages to strike the conscience of somebody important at Stainless, I am pretty much certain that Max Damage is done and dusted and imho, they are not going to invest even one more penny in it's development.

I surely do not expect DLC nor any more patches.

If you've worked in game development you know when the goose is cooked and this one is overly done since a while now.
shane
Stainless

Classic Suppressor

Post by shane »

Bringing back the original 6 wheeled suppressor was discussed but we made the decision to create a new cop vehicle that would be bigger and better than the latter. As we already have a 4 wheeled variant in the game we thought it wasn't enough to bring back the original design which the 4 wheeled version wasn't far from it in the first place.

We wanted something new, big and scary which is how we came up with the Super Suppressor.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Classic Suppressor

Post by MrDeviance »

shane wrote:Bringing back the original 6 wheeled suppressor was discussed but we made the decision to create a new cop vehicle that would be bigger and better than the latter. As we already have a 4 wheeled variant in the game we thought it wasn't enough to bring back the original design which the 4 wheeled version wasn't far from it in the first place.

We wanted something new, big and scary which is how we came up with the Super Suppressor.

Subpressor is too little, Super Suppressor is too much.

Right in between is perfection and you missed it when it was right under your nose.

I know why the Super Suppressor was done, I figured that but it was a hit an miss in my case.

I love the super suppressor design as I posted in a different topic but it feels like overkill.
hermit
driver

Classic Suppressor

Post by hermit »

MrDeviance wrote:Subpressor is too little, Super Suppressor is too much.

I agreee :)
WIP....
Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine
hit n run

Classic Suppressor

Post by Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine »

MrDeviance wrote:
shane wrote:Bringing back the original 6 wheeled suppressor was discussed but we made the decision to create a new cop vehicle that would be bigger and better than the latter. As we already have a 4 wheeled variant in the game we thought it wasn't enough to bring back the original design which the 4 wheeled version wasn't far from it in the first place.

Subpressor is too little, Super Suppressor is too much.

Right in between is perfection and you missed it when it was right under your nose.

I know why the Super Suppressor was done, I figured that but it was a hit an miss in my case.

I love the super suppressor design as I posted in a different topic but it feels like overkill.

Police vehicles in Carmageddon were always "overkill" in the first place. They're supposed to be. And to be honest, all this bitching because of 1 f*cking car, not even a really interesting one like one of the more detailed regular cars, no a f*cking police tank. We have 4 police vehicles already, thats two more than C1 and three more than C2. The Subpressor is similar enough IMO, and I'm sure there are modders willing to do a 6-wheeled version of it. End of topic.

Also thanks Shane for the explanation. I appreciate the Super Suppressor, great concept and fabulous realisation in the game!
AlexTSK
mindless

Classic Suppressor

Post by AlexTSK »

I kind of started one, might be fun to do.

What I would prefer to see is some sort of armored police car that isn't an apc or a smart car, something thats more of a highway pursuit unit of some sort.
hermit
driver

Classic Suppressor

Post by hermit »

why not 2 skins? :)
WIP....
CzechDeath
kill boss

Classic Suppressor

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:I kind of started one, might be fun to do.

What I would prefer to see is some sort of armored police car that isn't an apc or a smart car, something thats more of a highway pursuit unit of some sort.

tsk tsk tsk Alex ... are you saying that TDR2000 got it right? =D

Also this whole suppressor situation reminds me of when I was purchasing parfeme for my ex. She wanted specific brand and specific type. I went out and purchased something cheap cause I didn't wanna invest in to her that much =D I FAILED. She was very upset, so then next year I went and purchased overpriced super luxury super parfeme ... guess what? I FAILED AGAIN. Why? it was nat the Specific brand and specific type. That's sometimes how it is with such things. =D Yea she was ungreatful being upset about two GIFTS. But I was huge dumbass for not just going and purchasing THE ONE THING I knew would make her happy.
LuckyMike
hit n run

Classic Suppressor

Post by LuckyMike »

Heh =D
FatCat
mindless

Classic Suppressor

Post by FatCat »

the meeting resulted in the employees not wanting to add two extra wheels to their current, existing design?
AlexTSK
mindless

Classic Suppressor

Post by AlexTSK »

You can't just magically change the Subpressor to have 6 wheels without it looking stupid, adjustments and modeling is required. We know why it had 4 wheels to begin with, its been discussed multiple times.

A car that you really wanted isn't in the game because Stainless decided they wanted to create something new, big whoop.
LuckyMike
hit n run

Classic Suppressor

Post by LuckyMike »

I think, visually there is no place for driver, with additional wheels. And front wheels can't turning.
AlexTSK
mindless

Classic Suppressor

Post by AlexTSK »

I disagree, if the Suppressor was a little bit bigger you can fit several drivers in there.

LuckyMike
hit n run

Classic Suppressor

Post by LuckyMike »

He-he. :-) It's Ok!
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Classic Suppressor

Post by Freeride Forever »

Suppressor seems like a pretty big part of the original game to leave out of the remade version of the original game, no?

You have Subpressor, you have Super Suppressor & it's like, "what are these 'SUB' & 'SUPER' extrapolations of in the first place? The vehicle that's missing, the regular old Suppressor. You could call the Sub or Super just the "Suppressor" & it would make more sense. Not that I'm implying that Carma has ever been concerned with making sense. With the mechanics working for it in the game now & the Subpressor being so close, I'm very surprised & disappointed that Suppressor didn't make the cut. Super Suppressor is awesome, but the Supressor is missed & it kinda feels like a really huge leap from Sub to Super with nothing in between, yeah?

Check who’s online