Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[Suggestion] More visual indicators for Powerup

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

I have been thinking as of lately that the new visual indicators for stunned opponents (Rotating stars flying over the car), Acme damage magnifier (deep purple flames in front of the car) and damage magnifier lite (light purple fire) are great, just like the car texture turning intl granite for solid granite car.

But I do feel that Invincibility and Immortality feel a bit left out. Couldn't inmortality have some sort of "Halo" or divine light floating over the car and invincibilty anothrt kind of sign to show the other players that thay player is inmune at the moment???

I feel it doesn't feel consistent with the rest of the powerups (not talking about Mines, anvils and the like)
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Kejnel
speed freak

Post by Kejnel »

Psyrgery wrote:I have been thinking as of lately that the new visual indicators for stunned opponents (Rotating stars flying over the car), Acme damage magnifier (deep purple flames in front of the car) and damage magnifier lite (light purple fire) are great, just like the car texture turning intl granite for solid granite car.

But I do feel that Invincibility and Immortality feel a bit left out. Couldn't inmortality have some sort of "Halo" or divine light floating over the car and invincibilty anothrt kind of sign to show the other players that thay player is inmune at the moment???

I feel it doesn't feel consistent with the rest of the powerups (not talking about Mines, anvils and the like)

Invincibility and immortality PUPs are nice secret weapons when visually hidden from opponents. You can surprise them. On the other hand, it can create confusion when you hit an opponent and nothing happens... dilemma
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Psyrgery wrote:I have been thinking as of lately that the new visual indicators for stunned opponents (Rotating stars flying over the car), Acme damage magnifier (deep purple flames in front of the car) and damage magnifier lite (light purple fire) are great, just like the car texture turning intl granite for solid granite car.

HEH well that's just top of an icebeark. If you look deeper in to the design that stands behind the PUPs and their function communication it is actually inconsistent and messy =D

It could benefit from clean up.

For example, When opponents are frozen, cars get ice overlay -> nice and clear communication... But when peds are frozen -> nothing they just stop their aniation. - inconsistent.

New amce damage maginfier is communicated with new effect that basically is several barrel explosion stuck in front of the car. When I've seen that for the first time, I genuainly thought it was a glitch. That becaus all the passive changes to the vehicles are visually represented on the car¨s material/overlay. (Solid granite, feeling fragile, fox) , while all the active are effets outside of the car, (various vacs, pelvic thrust, turbo, repulsificator etc.)

And BAM new damage magnifier uses way of communicating triggered pups (active) yet it is passive. It should be represented on a skin of the car.

If I was designing new communication for amce damage, I would use Fox like overlay - Chrome for full magnifier, and rusty metal, for the rusty one - , with quake quad damage like soundeffect on impact.

in general too much clutter of effects overall .. too many of them via ingame world. IMO UI icons and camera effects are enough for me =D

I liked the clean design of carmageddon1 which is result of tech limitations.
HEX1GON
turbo bastard

Post by HEX1GON »

Don't agree with the surprise statement.

It just looks like your hits do nothing. I was in one game where I constantly picked invincibility by pure luck. Everyone ended up leaving as they thought I was cheating or something. Even an icon next to the player's name like the mic icons, or above the player's car would be enough to know.
Kejnel
speed freak

Post by Kejnel »

HEX1GON wrote:Don't agree with the surprise statement.

It just looks like your hits do nothing. I was in one game where I constantly picked invincibility by pure luck. Everyone ended up leaving as they thought I was cheating or something. Even an icon next to the player's name like the mic icons, or above the player's car would be enough to know.

True. As I said: "On the other hand, it can create confusion when you hit an opponent and nothing happens... dilemma"
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Check who’s online