Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[MOD] No automatic respawn when wasted + darker blood

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Post by JeReMiZ »

Hi,

With this mod, you do not automatically respawn when you are wasted in classic carma mode, much like C1. Plus it includes darker blood from Deadsheep's parameters.

Burnt skin stay aswell.

Everythings else is vanilla.

For the curious, I deleted these lines in Scripts.zad/Game_rules/classic.lol:

function respawn(player)

if not player:is_wasted() then

end

dprint("respawn")

player:drop_all_powerups(true)

player:drop_all_powerups(false)

utils.respawn_near_to(player, player:get_position()[4], 10, 3)

player:instant_repair()

set_score_string(player)

end
As usual, backup your original scripts.zad files if you want to revert back to originals settings.

You will be locked out of multiplayer with this mod.

Download: No automatic respawn + darker blood
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Nice, I was thinking about no respawn mod.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Tidy, but I'll repost what I just posted in deadsheep's thread over here as it's pertinent:

Good stuff, but why are you replacing the original ZAD file? The golden rule of making ZAD mods is NEVER EDIT THE ORIGINAL ZAD FILES. Make a new ZAD file containing only the modified files in the correct folders and make sure the new ZAD's filename starts with a Z. It will get loaded after everything else and the files in it will be used instead of the originals. This means you don't need to bugger around with backing up any files and replacing them, you just drop the ZAD in and then when you want to go back to the original game you remove it.
a.k.a. Brent
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

how about darker blood + fov change + no respawn mod? WITH Trent's method?=3
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Post by JeReMiZ »

CzechDeath wrote:how about darker blood + fov change + no respawn mod? WITH Trent's method?=3
Well, check this one, I just added the no respawn to deadsheep's mod. I haven't tested it myself but it should work.

I can't manage to make Trent's method to work. It simply ignore the added file. So, for now, replace your scripts.zad with this one.

deadsheep darker blood+higher fov+no automatic respawn
MemoryKill
hit n run

Post by MemoryKill »

Nice one. Dang though about that zad file taking priority (from trents other comment in other thread) still a long way to go it seems in getting mods set up how we want.
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

Hey there Carmafans!

Update v1.0.0.9857 is here! Please read below for a list of what’s changed. This will be automatically applied to your game, the next time you run the Steam client. But if your game is not being updated, please log out of Steam and back in and it should then start the update.

The fixes in the Hot Fix are:

Refresh rate fix for 30hz monitors
Career saves no longer possible with modified Zads
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Post by JeReMiZ »

With CarMODgeddon and Steam, I don't know why since the release of Reincarnation they do not use Steam Workshop for managing and downloading mods, cars, etc...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Rigor wrote:With CarMODgeddon and Steam, I don't know why since the release of Reincarnation they do not use Steam Workshop for managing and downloading mods, cars, etc...
because

Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Rigor wrote:With CarMODgeddon and Steam, I don't know why since the release of Reincarnation they do not use Steam Workshop for managing and downloading mods, cars, etc...
Because of the huge amount of work it will take to make the game compatible with steam workshop.

It's something they have always said they want to do but not had time to do, mod support has taken a back seat to the actual game development, as is highlighted by CarMODgeddon not being updated at all for C:MD, not even adding custom trailer support despite trailers being handled in an identical way to wheels and would probably be exceedingly easy to add support to CarMODgeddon. Hopefully in the coming patches that will change...
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online