Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How to turn on ultra textures quality?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

How to do it like it was on CR? i see i could crank up them to max, current settings (all set to max) are not enough for me
Gunsmith
driver

Post by Gunsmith »

modify the misc_maps.lua file in notepad (located in the data_misc folder of your install) and 0 out the texture map settings so that they look like this

texture_map = {

_0GB = { acc = 0, cars = 0, level = 0, peds = 0, vfx=0, sky=0 },

_1GB = { acc = 0, cars = 0, level = 0, peds = 0, vfx=0, sky=0 },

_2GB = { acc = 0, cars = 0, level = 0, peds = 0, vfx=0, sky=0 },

_3GB = { acc = 0, cars = 0, level = 0, peds = 0, vfx=0, sky=0 }
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

thanks, but i've already had all texture maps set to 0 by the game itself. i was wondering did Stainless shopped out extra ultra textures :( because with 0 settings CR looks more crisp. CMD looks more blurry. what's the point to have 8gb of vram and get smooth textures :(
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

hazardic wrote:thanks, but i've already had all texture maps set to 0 by the game itself. i was wondering did Stainless shopped out extra ultra textures :( because with 0 settings CR looks more crisp. CMD looks more blurry. what's the point to have 8gb of vram and get smooth textures :(
You have 8 GB VRAM? what gpu do you have ffs? 1080titanum nasa edition?
Deamon
turbo bastard

Post by Deamon »

CzechDeath wrote:You have 8 GB VRAM? what gpu do you have ffs? 1080titanum nasa edition?
I have a GTX970m with 6 GB VRAM in my almost 2 year old laptop ... So I guess 8 GB wouldn't be impossible ;)

Are there any other "tweaks" for maximuzing graphic quality that we can do in the .lua files? If yes, please let me know!
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

The GeForce 1080 and 1070 both have 8gb, the 980m did too. The Radeon RX 470 and 480 also can have 8gb, so 8gb is relatively common these days.
a.k.a. Brent
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

CzechDeath wrote:

i have 1080 card and yeah, 8gb is mainstream now for this new 10xx generation. there is models with 16gb, but this is abtitan x (which build bybanother tech)

but anyway, i would like to know how to get more crisp texture (besides lumasharpen from sweetfx)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

hazardic wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

i have 1080 card and yeah, 8gb is mainstream now for this new 10xx generation. there is models with 16gb, but this is abtitan x (which build bybanother tech)

but anyway, i would like to know how to get more crisp texture (besides lumasharpen from sweetfx)

HOly fuck ... well I did build new PC a YEAR AGO? dam the time flies... my 970 4gb vram (3,5) was a beast ...

Oh well my bad then =D
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

CzechDeath wrote:
hazardic wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

HOly fuck ... well I did build new PC a YEAR AGO? dam the time flies... my 970 4gb vram (3,5) was a beast ...

Oh well my bad then =D

well that's really funny cause i build a brand new pc 1 year ago also - and it was 980 with 4gb vram.. and strictly about a year after (about 3 mounth ago) i bought 1080 for using oculus cv1. time flies indeed, within next year we'll get a standard 10-12 gb vram lol, just prepare your muney
MemoryKill
hit n run

Post by MemoryKill »

I think the "ultra ultra" look was removed for optimization purposes, C:R does "Look" better but at the cost of performance so...maybe in future updates.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

MemoryKill wrote:I think the "ultra ultra" look was removed for optimization purposes, C:R does "Look" better but at the cost of performance so...maybe in future updates.
Yea the vehicle textures are fine, but the envornment especially city A and some desert parts are really blury ... like RAGE on low blury ... (why RAGE? -> megatextures)

Some sort of HIgh res textures pack DLC would be really cool... u know? like skyrim did (no I don't mean special edition)
MemoryKill
hit n run

Post by MemoryKill »

I tried downsampling with C:MD but it didn't max it look any better, I know what you mean with blur it's a bit annoying on some maps so maybe when we figure out how to mod without it bothering our saves/career mode we can do it ourselves.

Check who’s online