Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Wheel Support?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Kalepat
pedestrian

Wheel Support?

Post by Kalepat »

Long time Carmageddon fan, first time member on this forum

Just a simply query.

Im tempted to purchase the game from PSN but there hasn't been a mention of wheel support. Particulary the G29.

Can anyone confirm that the game supports the Logitech G29 wheel please?

Thanks
starbuck
kill boss

Wheel Support?

Post by starbuck »

I know this link is for the PC version of CR but might be worth a read to pass the time. It has a link to another wheel support thread.

http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28171

At least it may get you caught up with the new wheel situation since you are new here.

I remember for the PC version they did say they got on logitech wheel that partially worked but they said FOR PC they would LIKE to have support but its not the main priority right now. As I said they said that for PC release of CR.

I have wheels for my xbox 360 which of course doest help on the xbox ONE or your platform :P

Hope you get an answer because I have the game but havent bought any wheels yet for my console. opposite of you :P I would love to see an official answer on the future of this series and of consoles.

I know its not much help but it may keep the thread near the top for a while til you do get an answer. Good luck. And I am impressed the most I spent on a wheel was 40 bucks.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Wheel Support?

Post by CzechDeath »

You're welcome!
Eviron
hit n run

Wheel Support?

Post by Eviron »

starbuck wrote:I have wheels for my xbox 360 [...]
What my mind and basic PS skills made of it... ^^

starbuck
kill boss

Wheel Support?

Post by starbuck »

Coming soon . The next CarMODgeddon car !!! LOL :P
Eviron
hit n run

Wheel Support?

Post by Eviron »

starbuck wrote:Coming soon . The next CarMODgeddon car !!! LOL :P

Haha. :D But for starting out as a silly joke I actually like it now. Just needs space for driver (maybe battery pack on top?) and some alteration due to copyright of course. Anybody wanting to tackle this - feel free! :)
XBOXKlaatu
pedestrian

Wheel Support?

Post by XBOXKlaatu »

I, like many others, have played Carmageddon since the days of Windows 95 .... the base game, the splat pack and then the C2 version - then it went nuts with the version that didn't ever run correctly (TDR) on my pc's and I lost interest. Always used a steering wheel & pedals (analog) and it was EXTREMELY NICE to drive like a maniac comfortably.

After all, I wouldn't drive a real car with a PS or XBox controller. What's the point?

I want to see steering wheel compatibility for the consoles. I purposely purchased the latest Thrustmaster XBox/PC bi-compatible wheel. I am enjoying MOST of the current - and better - driving games on BOTH using this reasonable facsimile controller. It adds to the game play and interest in the game.

It would be nice to have the ability to use a steering wheel with this iteration of Carmageddon.
starbuck
kill boss

Wheel Support?

Post by starbuck »

What model ?

Just read the other threads listed and you will get your answer. Otherwise if you hold your breath you are going to be doing it for a LONG time.

They got bigger fish to fry before they decide to move in with wheels. Numerous time they said they would LIKE to have wheels in CR (C MD) but its been put on the back burner.
Servo451
driver

Wheel Support?

Post by Servo451 »

OH LOOK! A 'Wheel support' thread!! LOL!

OK. I get it. Can we finally call wheel controller support "dead". I understand I am in the minority of folks that consider this feature very important, even (personally) essential to gameplay. But I've been getting strung along for nearly 5 years now. I will accept the final ruling. I need some closure so I can go on with my life. Can somebody just make it official and say that I will NEVER play Carmageddon: Max Damage with my Logitech G27. Really. I'm ready to hear it. But I *DO* need to hear it. Please... I can't stand to get another, "Gosh we'll be working on that soon, we're just so busy right now! But we'd love to do it real soon, so watch for it soon! It might be included soon!"

I get it. I really do. I can take it. Just cut me loose. I promise I'll never wine about it or darken your doorstep again.

[Takes a deep breath... Backs up to wall... Puts on blindfold and balls fists.]

(I hope my gibs/blood decal against the wall makes a cool pattern! Heh.)
flykas
turbo bastard

Wheel Support?

Post by flykas »

Hmm.. I always thought of it as totally unescesary in carmageddon, because of how car control is setup, but what if they removed all the helpers like traction control steering adjustment etc. and gave you just raw physics of the car, cuz the engine is pretty good... well but I guess that would need a lot of work so I'm pretty pretty sure it ain't going to happen.
starbuck
kill boss

Wheel Support?

Post by starbuck »

Servo451 wrote:OH LOOK! A 'Wheel support' thread!! LOL!

OK. I get it. Can we finally call wheel controller support "dead". I understand I am in the minority of folks that consider this feature very important, even (personally) essential to gameplay. But I've been getting strung along for nearly 5 years now. I will accept the final ruling. I need some closure so I can go on with my life. Can somebody just make it official and say that I will NEVER play Carmageddon: Max Damage with my Logitech G27. Really. I'm ready to hear it. But I *DO* need to hear it. Please... I can't stand to get another, "Gosh we'll be working on that soon, we're just so busy right now! But we'd love to do it real soon, so watch for it soon! It might be included soon!"

I get it. I really do. I can take it. Just cut me loose. I promise I'll never wine about it or darken your doorstep again.

[Takes a deep breath... Backs up to wall... Puts on blindfold and balls fists.]

(I hope my gibs/blood decal against the wall makes a cool pattern! Heh.)

To me that is like attempting to prove god doesnt exist when you see no actual proof of god anywhere. Just get on with your life as if he didnt exist and if he shows up then GREAT ! No reason to hold your breath over something that most likely wont happen .
Trent
mindless

Wheel Support?

Post by Trent »

I just posted this in a thread of someone asking about deadzone, etc. settings for wheels as his wheel works fine apart from those tweaks.

Trent wrote:There aren't any settings in a config file for it by default, I assume the game has some preset values it uses. However, in the games folder ([Steam]\SteamApps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\) there is the config.lua file which contains all the graphics settings and such. In there is a section for controller settings which is empty. As far as I can tell these are some of the settings which can go in that section:
controller_sensitivity
steering_deadzone
controller_config
steering_linearity
steering_saturation
throttle_saturation
throttle_deadzone
break_saturation
break_deadzone
force_feedback

I don't know what the values for these settings are or how they all affect things or even if they actually work, but from a little bit of data mining it looks promising. I would suggest giving them a try and fiddling with various settings for them to see what works. I'd give it a go but I don't have a wheel to test it with.

Might be relevant to some people...
a.k.a. Brent
Servo451
driver

Wheel Support?

Post by Servo451 »

Bump

Check who’s online