Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Adding more peds?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Csx124
pedestrian

Adding more peds?

Post by Csx124 »

Hey all,
Looked through the site a bit and read that you can add more peds to the maps in 1 and 2. Is there a way to do this in Max Damage?
Trent
mindless

Re: Adding more peds?

Post by Trent »

Hey,

Yup, you just need to edit the PedFiles for the levels you want to add more peds to. They're just XML files which define where peds spawn, what types of peds, how many, etc.

Best to run the game with extracted data, you can use Minge to extract the data and launch the game with ZADs disabled. With all the data extracted you can find PedFiles in the relevant level's folder inside \Data_Core\Content\Levels\
a.k.a. Brent
Csx124
pedestrian

Re: Adding more peds?

Post by Csx124 »

I tried this out as you suggested, and while it did in fact add lots more peds in the area I was trying to add peds to, it also removed all the ped sounds? Not sure what I could've messed up, is this common?

Edit: I think it’s due to the “disable Zads” command in Minge. Not sure why it’d be causing only ped sounds to stop.

Check who’s online