Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flummery v0.3.8.9

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
copmac
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by copmac »

unfortunately can't build flumerry. To many missing assemblies, bad references.

Warning 1 The project 'LibSquishNet' cannot be referenced. Flummery

Warning 2 The project 'ToxicRagers' cannot be referenced. Flummery

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'ToxicRagers' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\HighEnd\Documents\GitHub\Flummery\Flummery\ContentPipeline\Stainless\MDLImporter.cs 3 7 Flummery

Error 4 The type or namespace name 'MDL' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\HighEnd\Documents\GitHub\Flummery\Flummery\ContentPipeline\Stainless\MDLImporter.cs 14 13 Flummery

Error 5 The name 'MDL' does not exist in the current context C:\Users\HighEnd\Documents\GitHub\Flummery\Flummery\ContentPipeline\Stainless\MDLImporter.cs 14 23 Flummery

Even if you point the solution to the correctly dir, still doesn't load.

Otherwise i would try to help you speedup the reading process.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Odd. Flummery should reference two submodules: LibSquishNet and ToxicRagers.

I'm not too sure what the process is with regards to submodules though, I've only ever been on the creating end, not the using end. I also use GitExtensions rather than the bash prompt, this hides a lot of complexity.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
copmac
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by copmac »

Ah thanks, the 2 missing project make it work now.

Errol, you say it takes 16 second to load the hotel. On my system the complete level takes 16 seconds.

However a lot of materials are not loaded and a lot of holes in the geometry.

Anyway, very nice work sir. This give me the opportunity to learn a lot of new c# code :-)

Thank you
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

I optimised the code quite a bit yesterday, 16 seconds is now 0.2 seconds for the hotel mesh.

The holes could be caused by it not loading accessories and just loading the main meshes.

Feel free to raise anything you consider as an issue on the githubs. And thanks for the help!
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Cant wait for this thing to be finished, modding is gonna be loads of fun. It seems so close to being done according to the first post's list.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

The big thing - although not entirely necessary for a viewer only release - is triangle strip generation. The MDL files I'm spitting out at the moment are... shoddy. Once I've got that down then I'll be able to save a reasonable approximation of the MDL files.

Thinking about it, I'm mostly just dragging my heels on a public view-only release. Let me see about tidying up what I've got and just getting something out there.

The sooner it's released the sooner I can fix the infinitude of bugs that'll be found and reported.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

v0.0.2.7 released.

Download here (973KB)

See OP for further details.
AlexTSK
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by AlexTSK »

I've been playing around with it, great work Errol, thanks for this! I will hit you up on Github about any issues :)
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Havent run into any big issues so far, it seems very stable and loads things quite quick and snappy! Flummery is quite awesome! I can even enable wireframes, :O

(edit: Wow, the CU:NT is so incredibly detailed, i'm very impressed, it's like looking at an HD version of the C:R i've been playing, haha)

(edit2: I'm noticing some simple lighting in your preview pic, is my viewer supposed to not have that?)
HEX1GON
turbo bastard

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by HEX1GON »

Very nice app, can't wait for more progress!
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

FatCat wrote:(edit2: I'm noticing some simple lighting in your preview pic, is my viewer supposed to not have that?)
Balls. When did that break?!
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Woaaaaah, i found this in the Wheels folder, i think it's a super early model!!!
Fuel
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Fuel »

That'll be the car for 10k Ken. Nice find FatCat :-)
timmy76
motorised death

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by timmy76 »

Lambo :P
Glumok
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Glumok »

Thanks Errol, you're definitely a legend in Carma tools and mods! :)

The ability to load our own .tif textures makes it way easier to see how it looks like once wrapped to the model, without having to launch the game:

I hope it will be possible to also use .png image format in a near future. Also, I'm sure it is because it still is a WIP, but the 3D view is far from being useful with numpad, as the mouse could do a 10 time better job on it! Keep up the good work, sir!
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Glumok wrote:Thanks Errol, you're definitely a legend in Carma tools and mods! :)

The ability to load our own .tif textures makes it way easier to see how it looks like once wrapped to the model, without having to launch the game:

I hope it will be possible to also use .png image format in a near future. Also, I'm sure it is because it still is a WIP, but the 3D view is far from being useful with numpad, as the mouse could do a 10 time better job on it! Keep up the good work, sir!

Well, the controls could be mapped a little differently on the numpad for easier navigation, here's my idea:

4/6 - turn left/right

1/3 - move left/right

+/- - Zoom-in/Zoom-out

8/2 - Look up/down

7/9 - roll left/right

Oh and a verrrry important feature that i'd like to request

5 - Reset views

(also, an option to unload models, as they pile up on top of one another if i load more than one, i have to exit flummery if i just want to view individual models, Oh, another request would be to have the option to view textures in a bigger resolution than the preview window allows you to see them)
Glumok
mechanic

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Glumok »

FatCat wrote:the controls could be mapped a little differently on the numpad for easier navigation

What I mean is I would like to be able to look at 360° around the 3D object. With the mouse wiil be even better!

Edit: looking at previous screenshots posted on this topic, it seems it is already possible to look around the object, but I didn't find out how!

5 - Reset views [...] to have the option to view textures in a bigger resolution

Agreed! Both are must have.
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Glumok wrote:
FatCat wrote:the controls could be mapped a little differently on the numpad for easier navigation

What I mean is I would like to be able to look at 360° around the 3D object. With the mouse wiil be even better!

Edit: looking at previous screenshots posted on this topic, it seems it is already possible to look around the object, but I didn't find out how!

5 - Reset views [...] to have the option to view textures in a bigger resolution

Agreed! Both are must have.

Check out the controls on the first post, they're a little hard to use, but it's possible to swivel yourself around the cars freely, it's just a little difficult, also, remember that you can move your point of view left and right, roll, and zoom is moving forwards and back, you dont rotate your point of view from the middle point of the car.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

v0.0.2.8 is out. Get it here! (975KB)

Changelog in op. Cheers for the feedback so far. Mouse support is my biggest goal at the moment and some methods of visualising collision data (this is more for me).
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Errol, did you know that you were awesome? The update came out so quick and the changes are super well-done. Good job, Flummery is fantastic. :D
HEX1GON
turbo bastard

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by HEX1GON »

An update already! Will CNT file information be displayed at some stage?

Mainly waiting for a tool that will allow wheel positions to be edited. It's the only part I'm screwed on :P
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

HEX1GON wrote:An update already! Will CNT file information be displayed at some stage?

Mainly waiting for a tool that will allow wheel positions to be edited. It's the only part I'm screwed on :P

Hmm, maybe an option to load wheel model sets onto the spot where the wheel nodes (if there are some) are?

Maybe also an option to turn on and off individual pieces of the car, for inspection of different pieces of the vehicle when compiling things together, that way you can ensure that everything is where it should be and doesn't have UV issues.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

HEX1GON wrote:Will CNT file information be displayed at some stage?

Mainly waiting for a tool that will allow wheel positions to be edited.
This is planned, it shouldn't be too far into the future.

FatCat wrote:Hmm, maybe an option to load wheel model sets onto the spot where the wheel nodes (if there are some) are?
This would actually be fairly easy once I've got Structure.xml files parsed. Again, near future.

FatCat wrote:Maybe also an option to turn on and off individual pieces of the car, for inspection of different pieces of the vehicle when compiling things together, that way you can ensure that everything is where it should be and doesn't have UV issues.
Plaything 2 had an "explode" options which I'm planning to replicate. I think also some sort of hide/set inactive option per component would be handy too. Something that prevents it from interacting with mouse clicks (for triangle picking) and renders it in a heavily transparent ghost-mode. This'll be further down the line.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Do you plan to make flummery read files directly from the zad files, so that we don't need to always extract the zad archives?
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Mr.Deviance wrote:Do you plan to make flummery read files directly from the zad files, so that we don't need to always extract the zad archives?
Damn, a multipurpose tool that reads all the resources of the ZAD files and will eventually be able to rewrite them on the spot? That would be just insane! Is it possible though?
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mr.Deviance »

FatCat wrote:
Mr.Deviance wrote:Do you plan to make flummery read files directly from the zad files, so that we don't need to always extract the zad archives?

Damn, a multipurpose tool that reads all the resources of the ZAD files and will eventually be able to rewrite them on the spot? That would be just insane! Is it possible though?

It should be more than possible at first sight, considering that zad files are just zip files.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Yup, abstracting the filesystem so I can deal directly with archive formats is planned. I'll handle ZAD and TWT at the very least. Possibly the TDR2000 PAK format too.

It's a rather boring piece of development though so I'll probably not get to it for awhile.

FBX support first!
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Errol wrote:Yup, abstracting the filesystem so I can deal directly with archive formats is planned. I'll handle ZAD and TWT at the very least. Possibly the TDR2000 PAK format too.

It's a rather boring piece of development though so I'll probably not get to it for awhile.

FBX support first!

Very well. I can't wait to not be forced to extract the stuff all the time.

Also I can't wait for that mouse support, maybe include scroll wheel support too because right now, to spin a model in flummery is an exercise of frustration.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

Mr.Deviance wrote:
Errol wrote:Yup, abstracting the filesystem so I can deal directly with archive formats is planned. I'll handle ZAD and TWT at the very least. Possibly the TDR2000 PAK format too.

FBX support first!

Very well. I can't wait to not be forced to extract the stuff all the time.

Also I can't wait for that mouse support, maybe include scroll wheel support too because right now, to spin a model in flummery is an exercise of frustration.

Oh noes, I HAVE TO UNZIP STUFF?! FUCKING HELL! Jeez man, the game works with all the assets extracted anyway so it's just a one-off task and then things work as always.

And Flummery doesn't rotate the world, you move the camera. Exactly as PT2 functioned. And once mousewheel is in it really, really won't be used to rotate things. That is horrible.
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Mr.Deviance »

Errol wrote:
Oh noes, I HAVE TO UNZIP STUFF?! FUCKING HELL! Jeez man, the game works with all the assets extracted anyway so it's just a one-off task and then things work as always.

And Flummery doesn't rotate the world, you move the camera. Exactly as PT2 functioned. And once mousewheel is in it really, really won't be used to rotate things. That is horrible.

I am not asking to rotate models with the mousewheel. I would much rather zoom in and out with it, don't you?
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Errol wrote:
FBX support first!
Hurray for FBX! I cant wait to import and export model into the game!
copmac
hit n run

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by copmac »

It depends how you look at it. You write, you move the cam, but you could as well think about it like the cam is fixed and i move the world around.

That technically it is not true doesn't matter it is just a view of perseption.

But that is not reason why i comment.

I was just wondering, sorry didn't have time to check the most reasent version out, if the app still starts in fixed size that you can resize but not maximize?

And if that is the case, what is the reason? I added my self the maximize and doc the controls so they resize auto. Didn't see any side effects in version 2.5
Errol
Toxic Ranger

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Errol »

copmac wrote:It depends how you look at it. You write, you move the cam, but you could as well think about it like the cam is fixed and i move the world around.

That technically it is not true doesn't matter it is just a view of perseption.

But that is not reason why i comment.

I was just wondering, sorry didn't have time to check the most reasent version out, if the app still starts in fixed size that you can resize but not maximize?

And if that is the case, what is the reason? I added my self the maximize and doc the controls so they resize auto. Didn't see any side effects in version 2.5

True on the camera. And yeah, I scrapped the lack of maximise somewhere along the line.

v0.0.2.9 won't be for a few days. I'm off down the rabbit hole on something and want to get that finished first.
FatCat
mindless

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by FatCat »

Errol wrote:I'm off down the rabbit hole on something and want to get that finished first.
Gasp, the Errol totem god has spoken! I return to tiki hut and make ritual to celebrate great coming of tool to reach promised land.
Fuel
speed freak

[Tool] Flummery v0.3.7.5

Post by Fuel »

Only just got round to trying it but thanks for this Errol, having a blast looking at things.

Did find a new driver whilst exploring. I give you Neotwig(!?):

He's got references in his paperwork as having a hat and shades as accessories too but they don't show up in Flummery.

Check who’s online