Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Alex's Garage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I really like that :)

With that worn out look etc.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

Worn = realistic

+ I love weathered and beaten up cars =D

+ This style is what I've expected when I first heard new carmageddon is comming -> literally C1 remade with design (from nobby) kept/respected

Alex skins like this mean one unfortunate thing -> The surroundings will look too clean (it does even now =D) I want dirty weathered version of CMD NAOW!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

That's one hell of a patina, very nicely beautifully done.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
AndyBegg
mechanic

Alex's Garage

Post by AndyBegg »

Stunning! could look at that all day.

Actually, I just made it my desktop picture, so I will look at it all day. :D
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks guys, the MK 1 is in the works for CMD, I will reveal more soon :)
Cyanosis
pedestrian

Alex's Garage

Post by Cyanosis »

That's a really awesome looking Eagle MK1, definitely the best Eagle in the series.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Another bit of progress dump

Two retro birds are returning. The Hawk is based on Fatcats redesign however its a complete rebuild with a bunch of changes :)

CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

that smell of.. nostalgia.. i remember the first time i played Carmageddon. I dunno why, but Eagle mk1 (these days i didn't even know what is it) and Fearrari were really scary for me (especially with carma 1 concept art combining) - utterly machines for a fun kill (this was especially scary - kill for fun lol)

now once i see this eagle mk1 ass these memories instantly lights up again :D
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Man, so much awesomeness around here. This thread is carmageddon max damage service pack 1 and 2 and 3 and a never ending reason to visit the forum every few weeks.

You are single handedly remaking carmageddon max damage here.

That suppressor is sex.

Also that cleaver remake of your remake of a remake is even rermakier than the first time around!

And to top it off you've shown even more eagles here. Eaglegeddon for the win!

That remake of the vanilla mk1 is really everything that I truly ever wanted to see done professionally before I die and if anybody can pull it off to match my crazy high standards, then that is you.

I know you only remake what appeals to you at a certain moment but if I could afford to hire you, I would ask you to remake every remaining carmageddon 1 car in two ways.

One way with your style of reimagination and the other way with and a HD vanilla design constraint like this mk1 here..

The results would be spectacular. Having two rosters one made out of classic remakes and one out of modern style remakes.

One can only dream lol.

The sad problem is that you can't multiply yourself to have each of your clones work at a different car and finally at the levels themselves.

I wonder how well would you do on remaking peds for the game hah.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks guys much appreciated :)

I think I've come up against a bit of a dilemma. The cop cars in the game can't be selected as opponents however they do have the cool siren horn feature which seems to be tied into the 'cop=true' tag in vehicle_setup.lol. Ofcourse I want to make my Suppressor able to be selected as an opponent but I think that means that i won't be able to add any kind of siren feature to it, it might just be the case that I will add an alternate vehicle_setup.lol file in case you want to play with the sirens but I think by default it shoudn't be classified as a cop in case you want to play against the Suppressor, also the cop cars aren't selectable in MP so that would also be a downside of setting it as a cop.

PS the APC uses light file names that aren't located in the car's folder, does anyone know where its pulling these files from?
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

Alex you can make 2 versions of Suppressor indeed, i think it's a no brainer:) you can even make a replacer for a Subpressor (not sure could it be possible though)

as for car names iirc the names of vanilla cars are in some sort of string file, i was changing the name for tez eagle. if someone don't outrun me i will provide you the info later today

ps: i presume Suppressor is almost ready to rock?=)
FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

Wow, your Eagle and Hawk remakes look amazing, i'm really surprised that you'd remake the Hawk redesign too, looks good!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Excellent work as usual Alex!

As for your dilemma, I was able to get the police lights controllable with the horn after adding 'cop=true' to the 'vehicle_setup.lol', however the siren did not play. Now, there might have been something I had missed, but just a heads-up in-case you encounter the same.

The workaround I use for the Stodge Squad Cars is to anchor the siren loop sound to a part of the car using a continuous sound loop, so the siren plays whenever the vehicle accelerates. If you want to try that out, Snaky Bastard also uses the same technique to anchor some type of extra turbine sound to its' engine.

As for the .light files the APCs uses, I haven't gone searching in Max Damage for them myself, but I would suggest trying the shared model folders. Failing that, if you've still got Reincarnation installed, you can pull them from there.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks Mike, I will try the workaround. The siren not playing might have to do with having an AI script set to cop in vehicle_setup.cfg since your Stodge police car doesn't have that, althought Trent said that there is a lobby UI script that defines whether or not the cops can be selected as opponents so it might be tied to that somehow too, so it seems that short of modifying that script there really is no way to have both the ability to use cops as opponents and use the siren feature, a bit shit but oh well.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Well I've got the siren to work, I have yet to discover why my sound is messed up while running the game unzadded (the majority of the sounds dont play, only some). The siren feature also seems to have a bug where the headlights are always in a default state when a race starts however turning the siren on will make them flash and also if you turn the siren off there is not way to get the headlights back to the default non-strobing state. As cool as the sirens are I am going to leave them out just so that you guys can use the Suppressor as an opponent which seems like a fair trade off.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

When you just need that extra bit of Mortis in your Rig

helomyname
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by helomyname »

Sweet jesus, thats amazing.

The mod community: fixing stainless' bad design choices one by one
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Well the current Rig O Mortis isn't bad by any means, it just feels like a bone stock truck taken to a Carmageddon race, which would be fine if the original looked like a bone stock truck but its a bit more than that. Its a brick sure but its a brick with a bit more brick where there should be brick if that makes sense :P
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Mike, I will try the workaround. The siren not playing might have to do with having an AI script set to cop in vehicle_setup.cfg since your Stodge police car doesn't have that, althought Trent said that there is a lobby UI script that defines whether or not the cops can be selected as opponents so it might be tied to that somehow too, so it seems that short of modifying that script there really is no way to have both the ability to use cops as opponents and use the siren feature, a bit shit but oh well.
It wouldn't surprise me if the absence of the AI script was the issue. I might or might not have done tests with it, but that was back in November and 10 or so vehicles + a dozen trailers have passed since then hehe. As for the cop cars not being opponents, I do recall Trents UI mod for CR changing that. It's unfortunate that the loop-hole he used to make the UI changes without affecting MP and career has been closed for CMD. Hopefully one day things might get expanded.

When you just need that extra bit of Mortis in your Rig

Damn, now that looks mean. :) Looks like my rigs will be getting some competition.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

The rusty hubbs that are avalible in the game would fit it even better

there is only one thing I would change=D - there is that "barrel" in the sides of such semi trucks, some of them even have snorkel or light attached on it... or other interesting details, you completly cut that off, and I miss it there =D.

Otherwise amazing, dirty , bulky, rusty hard - just how I like the cars anywhere =D

FatCat
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by FatCat »

Hmm, i agree with CZD, preserve the barrel shape, you dont need this thing to be aerodynamic, it has to hit HARD! =D
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

The game is a bit restrictive with certain vehicles and cops cant be used as opponents at all so this script will allow just that, thanks to Trent for the code :)

AnyOpponent (Script Mod) v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

V1.0 01/08/2017

- This little script allows you to select any vehicle to be an opponent in freeplay as well as letting you play solo without any opponents.

- Career and MP are locked by this, but I still find it useful for testing purposes since you can load into a level very fast if you don't select any opponents

Installation

- Place into your Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD folder, then rename your scripts.zad folder (I like scripts_original.zad, but feel free to use whatever name you want)

As usual, enjoy and let me know if there is any serious problems.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

thank you Alex! should be useful in case Suppressor will ever happen. too bad we are locked only on 5 opps..
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Yep, its happening soon, just a couple of UI things to iron out and i'm uploading it
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

CzechDeath wrote:The rusty hubbs that are avalible in the game would fit it even better

there is only one thing I would change=D - there is that "barrel" in the sides of such semi trucks, some of them even have snorkel or light attached on it... or other interesting details, you completly cut that off, and I miss it there =D.

Otherwise amazing, dirty , bulky, rusty hard - just how I like the cars anywhere =D

ohh CD's having a raging rusty boner right now!
shane
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by shane »

AlexTSK wrote:When you just need that extra bit of Mortis in your Rig

That looks amazing! Nice job!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
shane
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by shane »

Dammit! Logged into the wrong account! :)
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

SDT Suppressor v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

A Reimagining of the Suppressor, this one is part of the State Defense Tech lineup

Model created, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Install with Trent's Minge Tool

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The tyres are offset from the rim in the garage, this is due to the car using legacy code for indestructible tyres, nothing I can do there sadly. Works fine in-game

- Minge doesn't support the extra wheels that are supposed to show up in the garage so I've left them out for the time being, once again only a garage issue, the extra wheels are set up and work fine in-game

-The siren doesn't work because the vehicle is not set as a cop, however unlike cops, you can select the car as an opponent without any special scripts.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 21/04/2017

- Initial Release

Its been a while in the making so I hope you enjoy it and as usual let me know if there are any issues.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by YautjaLord »

AlexTSK wrote:

SDT Suppressor v1.0

DOWNLOAD LINK

A Reimagining of the Suppressor, this one is part of the State Defense Tech lineup

Model created, textured, and set up in-game by me, AlexTSK

Enjoy!

Mod Installation

Install with Trent's Minge Tool

Known Issues

Spoiler:

- The tyres are offset from the rim in the garage, this is due to the car using legacy code for indestructible tyres, nothing I can do there sadly. Works fine in-game

- Minge doesn't support the extra wheels that are supposed to show up in the garage so I've left them out for the time being, once again only a garage issue, the extra wheels are set up and work fine in-game

-The siren doesn't work because the vehicle is not set as a cop, however unlike cops, you can select the car as an opponent without any special scripts.

Changelog

Spoiler:

V1.0 21/04/2017

- Initial Release

Its been a while in the making so I hope you enjoy it and as usual let me know if there are any issues.

My life in Carmaverse complete for this (2017) year. Well, almost*, but still.....

*....when's the Rig O ready? Me like it ALOT!!!!!! :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

That Rig O Mortis is more of a proof of concept and something I made and set up for the game in a couple of hours so its nowhere near ready :P
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

Thank you Alex!

Sup is awesome, so much of nostalgia in this dark bleak city!

haven't noticed any bugs (except the garage but oh well..)

btw is this some kind of a feature that left rear side has white lights and right rear side has red lights?..
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Awesome work Alex! Thanks to both you and Trent for the little UI 'tweak' as-well.

I can offer a fix for the issue with the indexed wheels in the garage.

Spoiler:

1. Make a copy of 'car.cnt', call it 'wheel_garage.cnt', move it to the wheel folder that contains the wheel model used by the indexed wheels in-game

2. Open this new 'wheel_garage.cnt' with Trents Node tool

3. Rename the root node 'Wheel_garage', change node type to 'NULL', and clear content filename

4. Find the indexed wheel nodes, copy each one, and 'Paste Node as Child' onto the root node

5. Delete all of the other nodes, until you are only left with the root node (wheel_garage), and your indexed wheel nodes

6. Set the 'content filename' for the wheel nodes to the name of your wheel/rim .MDL, change node type to 'MODL'

7. Create a copy of each wheel_xx node, call them tire_xx, and change the 'content filename' to the name of your tire .MDL

8. Make sure that the node type of the 'wheel' and 'tire' nodes are 'MODL'

9. Save that .cnt, re-pack the wheel, and point to it as the 'wheel_garage' in the vehicle_setup.cfg

Hope this helps. It's more-or-less what I do, and it works fine as-long as the indexed wheels all reference the same model. Plus it saves file space versus having a needless extra wheel folder.

Looking forward to taking the suppressor on. Awesome work
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks mike, I know how to do the indexed wheels in the garage (thought I did it by copying the wheel folder and files like the vanilla game does)I thought it was pointless to include them seeing as the wheels look wrong in the garage anyway. Also minge does not pick up the extra wheels as a mod wheel so you have to install it manually which is an extra step .It would be great to have everything work but alas it works fine in-game so thats all I'm really concerned about.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

hazardic wrote:Thank you Alex!

Sup is awesome, so much of nostalgia in this dark bleak city!

My pleasure :)

hazardic wrote:
haven't noticed any bugs (except the garage but oh well..)

btw is this some kind of a feature that left rear side has white lights and right rear side has red lights?..
I'm not sure what you're talking about there, the reverse lights or the flares that are always on?

Check who’s online