Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

FC's Modding

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

nobby wrote:Lovely Xmas adornments there FatCat, I'll be adding those to my Eagle for sure! Thanks very much, Have a very merry Crimbo and a splendid New Year!
Thanks Nobby, I hope you have some great holidays as well. =D
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

Allllmost done fine-tweaking this mod
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

Here's some realistic paint for your eagle.

Download Here!

JeReMiZ
hit n run

FC's Modding

Post by JeReMiZ »

Sick shit FatCat, kkep up the good work!
Psyrgery
speed freak

FC's Modding

Post by Psyrgery »

FatCat wrote:C2 Eagle
FatCat wrote:Realistic Eagle R Paint
Jesus Christ FatCat that is so awesome
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Deamon
turbo bastard

FC's Modding

Post by Deamon »

Great work! Love the paint, can't wait to try the C2 Eagle!!
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

FC's Modding

Post by MrDeviance »

FatCat wrote:

Here's some realistic paint for your eagle.

Download Here!

Awsome job, I just knew this game can look good as long as there's a little bit of talent behind it.

Too bad the art direction of Stainless was only able to make them look like plastic.

If you want, try and also make a version where the paint nuance matches the default one a bit more.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

FC's Modding

Post by MrDeviance »

Yfrid
hit n run

FC's Modding

Post by Yfrid »

MrDeviance, you really must have some kind of fetish at pissing the hell out of people at any possible chance.

It's quite obvious that they avoided to push reflections so far because it's still way too basic, as true as matte finish everywhere boring, it's also true that current gloss effect is lacking a lot.

Look how much stretch distortion has the scenario reflected on the Eagle in the mod. Also many curvy details are lost without the missing shades of matte finish effect.

I agree that as a mod is great and proper paint gloss feels more natural. But that early 2000 effect the prealpha has to offer is not something you want to show officially.
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

Whoops, was wondering how come i couldn't find my own modding thread, it's all the way down here, i guess it's only proper. =D

Here's a progress pic of the Eagle3, i've only just gotten back to working on it after spending the holidays with family. Happy new year to y'all!

Just modelling all those internal bits.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

FC's Modding

Post by MrDeviance »

FatCat wrote:Whoops, was wondering how come i couldn't find my own modding thread, it's all the way down here, i guess it's only proper. =D

Here's a progress pic of the Eagle3, i've only just gotten back to working on it after spending the holidays with family. Happy new year to y'all!

What's this? Are you remaking the Eagle 3 a second time?
AlexTSK
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by AlexTSK »

His eagle didnt have and engine or interior so all he did was just add it in.
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

I'm glad it's so different on the inside than the outside that he didn't recognize it =D
AlexTSK
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by AlexTSK »

FatCat wrote:

Here's a progress pic of the Eagle3

What even :D
Doctor Fraggington
turbo bastard

FC's Modding

Post by Doctor Fraggington »

Sexy engine.
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

Dear Nobby...

Why is "CWeldParameters:Add_PartSpaceVertex( 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 )" allowed but Green colored Vertices cannot Weld a part to the Root object unless they're at the exact location of another vertice on the root c_Body object.

Signed

A very disappointed modder.
Trent
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by Trent »

That should be obvious. Adding a part space vertex in the structure.xml is intended for NULL objects which don't have vertices and if you use it on actual model it should only be for prototyping. That keeps the object postioned relative to that point on the partner object so the partner object doesnt need to have a vertex in that position.

The point of using vertex colours is to make vertices on one object move with vertices in the partner object. The whole concept doesnt work properly if there isn't a matching vertex in the partner object. If you have a vertex doesnt match up to one in the partner object then the game would need to use the three vertices of the triangle the weld vertex is nearest to in order to calculate the relative position inside that triangle and maintain that relative position as those three vertices move independantly, which not only would add substantial calculations costs but would also not have as good an effect as the cheaper option of having matching vertices. This way you can have multiple weld vertices which move with the partner object as it crushes while the rest of the vertices move independantally, such as a bumper welded at either end but comes away in the middle. Obviouse, isn't it?

I would guess using a single coloured vertex would at like adding a part space vertex in the structure.xml and adding multiple part space vertices in the structure.xml acts like colouring multiple vertices in the model. On another note, you can only have one weld vertex on a deformable part welded to a non-deformable part for obvious reasons.
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

FC's Modding

Post by '80s Time Warp »

My best educated (but possibly incorrect) guess is that it is not allowed on crushable parts as you can't weld deformable vertices to something that isn't there. The weld vertices on crushable parts have to match vertices on the 'weld partner', however when welding non-crushable parts to crushable parts, the weld vertice doesn't have to meet a vertice on the 'weld partner'.

It's a bit like like parts in the real world (when it comes to crushable to crushable part welds), You can't bolt a fender to a car, if at the point you want to bolt it - the bolt doesn't actually make contact with the car. It may also have been done this way because it could cause undesirable deformation.

Also from what I've seen the "CWeldParameters:Add_PartSpaceVertex( 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 )" command appears to be intended for use by null nodes or non-crushable parts. That is the only time I've seen it being used on the default cars I've been digging through.

Damn'it, Trent has beat me to it, hehe

Otherwise the Eagle 3 is looking pretty good :)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

Eagle MK3 2014 v1.3

Enjoy!

Click Here to download this mod!

(edit: converted to work with C:R final)

(8/1/15: Edit: converted to Carmodgeddon)

(Nov. 7 2016 update: Converted to C:MD)
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

FC's Modding

Post by Razor »

10/10 Would download again.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
skyNET
turbo bastard

FC's Modding

Post by skyNET »

I'm stunned by the work you guys (modders&tool makers) have already done. Simply amazing. A side note though: call me a nitpicker, but isn't this iteration of the Eagle technically "mk3 2015"? It's your right to name it whatever you want of course, I guess it's dated from inception, just being curious. Will get it once @ home.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

FC's Modding

Post by Mad_Maxine »

well I must say it dose look a lot better with an interior, compleats it,

I might have to try it in my game and such, I havent really been folowing progress al that much so I have to ask is there an engine and stuff? I just dident see any pics of one is all.

so yeah here is some constructive feedback, and personal opinions, Im not really a fan of low profile tyers there way lower than the orignal and ya know, they just never seem carma, also I never have them on my real cars because I disslike the ride :D. also it looks like something is missing from the interior? The center consol there needs like a shifter, or gear selecter, or something the slots in it kinda make it look like something is soposed to be there, right now I assume the gears are on the steering like a racecar? but most cars ive been in you still need to put it into drive before the shifters will work.

Apart from that the model looks like a nice, detailed, and accurate remake of the carmageddon 2 eagle, Im one of those who liked the C2 eagle so this is something I will use in the future, all in all a pretty good job, and its still nice to see people actully MAKE cars for carmageddon still, something that seems to have died out in most other driving games.

so.. there gona be a huge color pack or what? heh, ala C2

Speed posted
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

skyNET wrote:I'm stunned by the work you guys (modders&tool makers) have already done. Simply amazing. A side note though: call me a nitpicker, but isn't this iteration of the Eagle technically "mk3 2015"? It's your right to name it whatever you want of course, I guess it's dated from inception, just being curious. Will get it once @ home.
The original conceptart actually dates back to June 2014. Since stainless could make a new MK3, either in the main game or in some expansion pack for C:R, i'm putting 2014 on it, it'll be less confusing that way to peeps.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mad_Maxine wrote:well I must say it dose look a lot better with an interior, compleats it,

I might have to try it in my game and such, I havent really been folowing progress al that much so I have to ask is there an engine and stuff? I just dident see any pics of one is all.

There is an engine and lots of parts and stuff under those parts too!
hermit
driver

FC's Modding

Post by hermit »

FatCat wrote:

Eagle MK3 2014

stupendous work!
WIP....
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

Thanks everyone! by the way, which color would y'all like in the color pack? any color at all :) even double ones like orange for the body and green for the black parts, or colored rims/rubber, etc, go crazy!
matt
im new, be gentle

FC's Modding

Post by matt »

FatCat wrote:Thanks everyone! by the way, which color would y'all like in the color pack? any color at all :) even double ones like orange for the body and green for the black parts, or colored rims/rubber, etc, go crazy!
I've already chimed in on IRC, but just to repeat: excellent work :) I personally prefer it to the C:R eagle at the moment. I like the demo version of the eagle you'd based it on - but for my taste the colour is all wrong :) I'd happily see a darker palette with more wear and tear and much less specular highlighting - especially inside. A nice monotone within the cab maybe, less of the penis-pink. The best thing about the C:R openess and the tools everyone has invested so much time in creating (general thanks, you know who you are :)) is that everyone can customise these things to suit their own tastes - thank you for taking the time to create this fatcat. Awesome work.

(fair warning: I fall firmly in the grunge camp of the age old debate of C vehicle design spirit. The gloss and shine of the modern shown room doesn't float my boat.)
The Unbreakable Kavinsky
driver

FC's Modding

Post by The Unbreakable Kavinsky »

hmm Fatcat do you mind If I drop an idea on you, maybe this would make a good basis as a brand new Scarlet or some sort of descendant of it

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyOFgxNjAw/z/TmgAAOSw0rdTxUcE/$_57.JPG

1:18 BBR La Ferrari by the way

as I've had this saved in my watching list for awhile and I keep thinking this is what a modern Scarlet or countslash would look like

but that might just be the colors talking
Mechatron
mechanic

FC's Modding

Post by Mechatron »

I can't wait to try out your new Eagle in game. Since I'm back here again after being busy with other stuff, Do you mind if I do some more mod gameplay videos with your work? I'm not really doing much for reviews anymore, my new YouTube channel is mostly gameplay. I figure I should ask first. Anyway I think I'll enjoy playing Reincarnation with the mods you've made. the Eagle in Carmageddon 2 is one of my favorite cars from these games. Nice work.
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

Mechatron wrote:I can't wait to try out your new Eagle in game. Since I'm back here again after being busy with other stuff, Do you mind if I do some more mod gameplay videos with your work? I'm not really doing much for reviews anymore, my new YouTube channel is mostly gameplay. I figure I should ask first. Anyway I think I'll enjoy playing Reincarnation with the mods you've made. the Eagle in Carmageddon 2 is one of my favorite cars from these games. Nice work.
Thanks! Also you can do alllllllllllll the gameplay videos you wish to do with any of the mods and whatnot i have made. I love to share :D
hazardic
motorised death

FC's Modding

Post by hazardic »

nice, it's time to shake off the dust from my CR - i didn't launch it since september 2014 actually!

thanks for this, i'm not a fan of eagle mk3, but yours reincarnation looks awesome
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

FC's Modding

Post by MrDeviance »

Very cool mk3. Would have been so awesome if we could also mod in the original carma 2 engine sounds for it.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

FC's Modding

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

Nice work FatCat, I love it! My only suggestion to improve I think is the rear lights...they would look better if fully modelled because currently it's just a plain texture and also the rearlight effect need some enhancement. Otherwise, everything is fine!!
n3wton
Wasted!

FC's Modding

Post by n3wton »

Awesome work FatCat!
FatCat
mindless

FC's Modding

Post by FatCat »

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:Nice work FatCat, I love it! My only suggestion to improve I think is the rear lights...they would look better if fully modelled because currently it's just a plain texture and also the rearlight effect need some enhancement. Otherwise, everything is fine!!

You dont like the current effect? It's very extremely subtly transparent, and the inside is in fact fully modelled and reflective. To give this kind of effect when it's exposed to sunlight.

It'll look great unless you got your settings all set to low, then it wont look so great.
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

FC's Modding

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

I didn't noticed it's fully modelled. About the effect, I mean the brake light effect. And yeah, my settings are set to low. In your attached picture, it looks like the wheel wing is casting shadow, but not the light if you see what I mean. The light texture doesn't blend very well with the red wheel wing, it looks out of context.

Check who’s online