Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Reincarnation steam version low fps

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Sug
pedestrian

Post by Sug »

Hi all,

Just played Carmageddon Max Damage with graphics profile settings on "high". -> 60 FPS

So i went to play Carmageddon Reincarnation (uses the same engine). Put the graphics profile on "high". -> 17 FPS

Weird... low fps even in menu. Changed profile settings to "best performance" -> 17 FPS.

I wonder if the problem for Reincarnation is because the game loads an old config file due to once playing early access.

Is there a way i can reset the configuration?

Since Max Damage version gives perfect perfomance, i copied the config.lua over to the Reincarnation install folder. But this gives no difference in FPS in Reincarnation.

%PROGRAMFILES%\Steam\Steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\config.lua

%PROGRAMFILES%\Steam\Steamapps\common\Carmageddon_Reincarnation\config.lua

Greets,

P
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

do you have a steam controller connected? (it has had issues in the past)
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

also max damage is just an updated version of reincarnation so why would you want to play reincarnation?
Sug
pedestrian

Post by Sug »

No steam controller connected. I did had a xbox one s bluetooth controller connected. I'll check if it makes a difference.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

If it's using Steam's controller mapping interface (e.g. the same API as the Steam Controller uses), which now supports Xbox and PS4 controllers natively now, then that would be the reason for the slow down. I don't know how you would stop it using the interface but disconnecting the controller would be the simplest way to check. The issue was fixed in Max Damage. There's really no reason to play vanilla Reincarnation now anyway.
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online