Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Offshoot of my previous topic, Large numbers of opponents please!

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Lollybomb
mechanic

Post by Lollybomb »

It's one thing to have this huge opponent to pick from, but what can be really fun is cranking up the number of opponents in a match as far as it can go. I really liked in Carmageddon 2 when it was the player versus 12 cop cars. I had so much fun with it that when I got a game editor I cranked the number of opponents as high as I could. I had something like 20 opponents in every match.

Anyone else agree this would be super fun? One huge grand melee.
I have the solid granite car powerup. Your argument is both invalid, and about to be flattened.
Igoreso
hit n run

Post by Igoreso »

As I said before - I liked the idea of driving with many opponents in Race Wars in NFS: Carbon. 19 of them, to be precise. And iirc 20 cars make 10 teams, so you have teammate too. Just look at this video. It adds more stress (and fun), because you have to conquer more opponents. You have to be concentrated whole race, and that's nice because when you win such difficult race - you feel great.

Now back to Carmageddon. How can we use it? At first, we could add a teammate. For SP he would be a bot with random chatter, and for MP he could be your friend. Then, there possibly should be another purpose/aim of this race. For example, at the beginning every team wants to finish race. Ok, but if we start some chaos - they change their mind and simply try to kill each other. Team that killed most opponents (or simply Last Standing team) wins.
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

In C2 I used the The Super Brawl map and filled it up with 29 opponents set to the highest nastiness level.

I should record it and show it to you, god that shit was insane. They all drive after you and once they get to you it's a pile-up of cars. It's hilarious.
TurboDonkey007
turbo bastard

Post by TurboDonkey007 »

Fireman wrote:In C2 I used the The Super Brawl map and filled it up with 29 opponents set to the highest nastiness level.

I should record it and show it to you, god that shit was insane. They all drive after you and once they get to you it's a pile-up of cars. It's hilarious.

Do it!

Anyone played Blur? 20 player online racing, was pretty intense and very good.
meh
Asphalt Snake
driver

Post by Asphalt Snake »

And please various spawn points. In the Free Driving mode (like in TDR). No need for all the opponents to start with you if the timer turned off and you just want to drive around.

Check who’s online